Forum

[Highlander Season 5] Schedule Feedback

Created 26th December 2013 @ 20:29

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Well the majority of the season is over, catchup week ends on the 5th January, all games unplayed at 23:59 CEST on that day will be nullified (0-0). We made some big changes with regard to the schedule of HLS5, and we’d like to know what you guys think. Most importantly:

1) Did you enjoy having the longer season?
2) How did you find the overlap between 6v6 Season 16 and Highlander Season 5? Was it an issue?
3) Are there any other issues you found as a result of the changed schedule?
4) How would you like Season 6 to be run? (Same as Season 5? Revert Back to Season 4? Or a mixture of both?)

I understand this Season is a little bit different due to being over Christmas, but it doesn’t affect anything hugely. Season 6 will be much more standard.

This thread will be moderated, please don’t discuss anything other than what is relevant. Any mention of the SC will be insta deleted ;)

Cheers!

Popcorp

1) Yes
2) Not for me, im a sub in a 6v6 team
3) Default dates are kinda bad, would be nice if default dates were given for Friday, Saturday or Sundays, instead of Wednesdays
4) Same as season 5

teej!

1) Yes, gave more competition and imo led to a more tense battle for 1st place
2) I’m a sub on a 6v6 team, but it wasn’t as bad as it could’ve been
3) Just the Christmas part, but granted it won’t happen again for next season I hope
4) Season 5 was cool, keep it that way :3

Jonaz

1) Yes
2) Didn’t affect me
3) Default dates on fridays or saturdays is the shit
4) S5 was coolio

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

1) Yes, much better than having 2 matches in a season because 2 teams in your group decide to drop :x
2) I don’t think it was much of an issue but it can get a bit of a hassle if you have UGC HL going on as well.
3) Not really
4) Season 5 was much more enjoyable

Last edited by MARS^,

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

1) Yes
2) No
3) No
4) Didn’t play last season, but this one was fun, so keep it like this

Menty

myx
Nein

1. A lot more enjoyable, yes
2. Not at all, I could schedule everything easily
3. Def dates but rest was fine
4. Keep it like this please, it was much better than last season

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

http://etf2l.org/forum/league/topic-18475

– It is unlikely that an admin will set a default date to Friday or Saturday evening but it might still happen, if one team states a good reason for choosing this date and the other does not respond to the proposals at all.

Basically schedule your games and it isn’t an issue.

Last edited by Permzilla,

nijoonen

Gaston
8-)

We had some bad time getting games happening, but hey that’s what wildcards are for and i’m a big fan of wildcards, even tho it sucks when games dosen’t happen.

The clash with the 6s sure is a bit annoying but it works out, perhaps you need to spend a wildcard, take a minor or get a bad default date, but hey, it’s just a small overlap.

Keep it like this, and if there was some change that had to be made, try to minimize the 6s overlap even more.

b33p

(ETF2L Donator)
-st-

Yes, a team dropped from our division but it wasn’t nearly as annoying as this was in previous seasons.

2) How did you find the overlap between 6v6 Season 16 and Highlander Season 5? Was it an issue?
It was a bit of an issue but if it has to happen then we’ll find a way to deal with it.

n/a

4) How would you like Season 6 to be run? (Same as Season 5? Revert Back to Season 4? Or a mixture of both?)
Like Season 5.

quell

UbeR |

yes. more games = more fun, especially given that there’s always one or two teams that drop out/give default wins.
wasn’t an issue at all for our team.
x
keep it like this season. maybe do something about wildcards, giving teams just 1 instead of 2.

Tuto

8-)

1) Yeah definitely, more teams to play and more exciting competition.
2) Didn’t really affect me
3) Not really
4) If it’s gonna be the same as season 5, that’s just perfect. Except for one thing already mentioned above. One less wildcard would be great.

Linus

[d¿s]

Yes, it’s good.

Yes. For us its a special case because we have core players that are basically always in playoffs. In the past seasons this wasn’t much of an issue – we always just used 1 wildcard or had 1 hard to schedule game to avoid clashes. This season the 6v6 playoffs practically spawned across most of our season due to 6v6 scheduling difficulties.

To clarify, if the playoffs ended in a sensible timeframe, this wouldn’t have been as much of an issue.

God yes. I think we’re obviously part responsible, and there’s a certain amount of unlucky coincidence in all this, but for us this season was a trainwreck. We’ve had at least 3 occasions where we had a game scheduled but there was noshow/wildcard in the last moment. This was crippling to us in combination with having to dodge around 6v6 schedule.

People are probably aware, but we usually practice and prepare for officials pretty extensively. We play the map we need to play for a few days, then schedule a pcw before the official to play. We tried to go by this system for this season aswell, and we have played A LOT of practice games, usually for nothing, wasting timeslots we could’ve used for officials.

Of course, we had done the same on at least one occasion(I knew kaidus would be away for a week late december, I just didnt think the season would actually last that long), (our 2nd wildcard got wasted when there was a complete communication breakdown from a team that folded anyway..) but the amount of games being delayed / wildcarded / not played just completely killed off our motivation. We’re going to have to play the remaining 3 games with a crippled roster and zero practice.

In theory the number of wildcards is fine, since its the same amount as in 6v6 (where you have the same amount of weeks) and there it works fine. But it just didn’t work too well in highlander, at least in the top division. I am sure that in other divs it wasn’t as much of an issue. So I’d say keep it as is and hope for less unlucky coincidences next season.

However I think the playoffs for 6v6 should just be over much quicker. It’s fairly pointless to drag it out for so long, I am sure lots of people have lost interest in it anyway by the end.

Last edited by Linus,

Toba

(a boT from the North)
Lutunen

Yes

Not that much hazzle, it was more of a problem with some of the opponents who had 6s players.

It was too close to Christmas, since teams will get wildcarded + playoffs/tiebreakers. Also the holidays means no practice and incomplete roster. But with some extended time-frames in January, it can be resolved.

Same as S5 but with maybe a bit more weeks to catch-up for those who get issues. But it should be better since there aren’t that many big holidays coming up in spring. I think the current amount of wildcards should remain.

Last edited by Toba,

Flappy

W.tf
its

Yeah, it made it a lot more competitive, and wasn’t as punishing for those with a bad start to the season or similar

Our team didn’t have any issues with it, in general I think UGC playoffs would’ve had a bigger impact

Scheduling the last game of the season was slightly difficult due to christmas, and we didn’t want to leave it until after, but it was all sorted in the end.

I’d like season 6 to be run the same, but perhaps try starting season 7 earlier if it’s in winter again, to stop potential issues from christmas.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »