Forum

Glitched Teleporter Spot in Upward

Created 18th December 2013 @ 13:50

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

Jesse James

Requesting the Ban of the
Teleporter Exit Spot in Upward, last point, upstairs. Blue engineer places a teleporter exit before the third point got captured.

This spot is broken due its unfair advantage against the RED team. Red Team can only Defend themself with a Pyro (which will probably not work, since the door goes open and a heavy kills the pyro more quicker then the pyro can harm anything) or a Spy somehow saps the entrance (which will probably not work, since the Engineer babysits his Dispenser and Teleporter in that glitched spot)

At the Same time, Blue Team has an extra entrance in the point area instead of stairs, below or main door. And this extra entrance leads directly in the week protected RED spawn and Engineer camp.

That spot can’t be considered as “tactic to get behind the Defend Lines”. Using this spot is exploiting a glitch and nothing else then a dick move.

Asking many high rank engineers, many share the same opinion, so quintosh’s “in fact almost every engineer in high divs try to use it” is not correct at all…

If you need any Demos / STVs, that this spot is broken and leads to unbalancing the game, I can provide you some.

Here is a good example :

http://etf2l.org/matches/45287/

Da got the point with a couple of seconds difference. Without that spot, they couldn’t even get in the point area.

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

It’s not against the rules. Use it yourself. No more whinge. Simples.

Last edited by Monkeh,

As someone that doesn’t play highlander, I have no idea what spot you’re talking about. Any chance of a screenshot/video of it?

Carlos Kaiser

Quoted from Monkeh

It’s not against the rules. Use it yourself. No more whinge. Simples.

That’s the point. It’s not against the rules, but it should be.
Alternatively: allow all the banned weapons and all the other map bugs, both teams can benefit from them, so that’s not a problem at all!

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

We’re already aware of this.

Falcon0408

Quoted from FUN POLICE RUINS TF2

As someone that doesn’t play highlander, I have no idea what spot you’re talking about. Any chance of a screenshot/video of it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5v8vfXeMR0

in a match: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yngna0kg3mk 14 mins in

Last edited by Falcon0408,

ondkaja

IKEA

Not really a glitch or an exploit, and it only works if the other team is retarded. Doesn’t need a ban.

Fuxx

REMOVE

You have to be retarded to not consider this an exploit

Not sure why you made the thread Drotalion after we talked on Steam, but I’ll repeat myself (and kkaltuu) – we know about this issue and we’ll look into it.

kzr_

gR.

I don’t consider this to be a exploit, it would be bad enough for a competitive map to have a mechanic where a defender player could get trap between two doors that close when a point is capped without any exit route besides bind kill.

This is just a ofensive team knowing the map and using its potential against a team that seems retarded.

If you fear someone can put a teleporter there just build you’re on exit there so no one can build and then destroy it or have someone watch that spot wich isn’t bad since its a flank route.

I can also praise your spy ability if he can’t destroy a teleporter lawl

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

Quoted from kzr_

The problem is that the teleporter is between the two doors there, you cannot reach it as a RED player because the door doesn’t open for you. It does open for BLU players that come out of that teleporter though. So you cannot sap it.
Try it out yourself, go on a local upward server, build a teleporter up there by jumping on a dispenser, push the cart to third point and go through the teleporter. You get out of the door but you can’t go back to the teleporter exit.

Just1s

☁GGG☁

Some stickies by the door when someone exits the teleporter would solve this problem, so I don’t think the teleport there is indestructible.

Freakie

KOLAR
.awkward

Quoted from kzr_

I don’t consider this to be a exploit, it would be bad enough for a competitive map to have a mechanic where a defender player could get trap between two doors that close when a point is capped without any exit route besides bind kill.

This is just a ofensive team knowing the map and using its potential against a team that seems retarded.

If you fear someone can put a teleporter there just build you’re on exit there so no one can build and then destroy it or have someone watch that spot wich isn’t bad since its a flank route.

I can also praise your spy ability if he can’t destroy a teleporter lawl

The admins consider it an exploit.

kzr_

gR.

Quoted from MARS^

[…]

The problem is that the teleporter is between the two doors there, you cannot reach it as a RED player because the door doesn’t open for you. It does open for BLU players that come out of that teleporter though. So you cannot sap it.
Try it out yourself, go on a local upward server, build a teleporter up there by jumping on a dispenser, push the cart to third point and go through the teleporter. You get out of the door but you can’t go back to the teleporter exit.

sap entrance -> shot entrance -> once entrance is down, engie can destroy sapper on exit -> job done ;)

aura

Quoted from kzr_

[…]

sap entrance -> shot entrance -> once entrance is down, engie can destroy sapper on exit -> job done ;)

must have been a roll since engy managed to build tele while his team had people on red spawn and on the cart so red spy did not really have any info on that tele let alone react to it. Not saying i support the ban. just had to point out that nothing is as easy as it might seem.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »