Forum

ETF2L S16 Ruleset Feedback

Created 9th September 2013 @ 20:07

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 13 Next »

accless

cp_

Quoted from Skyride

TF2 is dead because a class is now infinitesimally more viable.

Discuss.

Isn’t that already the title of this thread?

Setlet

Please allow direct hit, I fucking hate getting bombed by ezmode-retard soldiers. If the pocket of my team had TDH, no one would ever jump :)

Oupa

Nave

Pls no pyro unlocks i beg you.

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Setlet

Please allow direct hit, I fucking hate getting bombed by ezmode-retard soldiers. If the pocket of my team had TDH, no one would ever jump :)

Please nerf scissors, rock is ok.

Cheers, Paper

Last edited by Skyride,

mana

(ETF2L Donator)

Why are people conveniently ignoring the fact that we’ve had way more unlocks in NA since forever ago?

emb

(Legend)
ciortai

The Pyro unlocks were allowed because that’s the only way Permzilla can get into prem. WAKE UP SHEEPLE!

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

Quoted from mana

Why are people conveniently ignoring the fact that we’ve had way more unlocks in NA since forever ago?

Welcome to Europe’s attitude regarding unlocks. Every minor change is considered game changing for the worse, reasons including: It’s overpowered, it’s annoying, it’s a clear upgrade, it slows the game down, it speeds the game up, it allows a class to be viable at mid, it gives crits, it gives heals etc… Yet when you allow full unlocks, no one exploits any of them, and half the players in the match opt to run stocklocks anyway.

I also love that everyone instantly thinks crits are bad when the reason why we turned crits off in matches many years ago is because they are random (more or less), not because of the extra damage they give. If a weapon gives a critical hit by design, it doesn’t mean it is a bad thing.

Forsak3n

S

love these threads, there’s always something to read

byte

Think the outcry of peoples reaction as to when unlocks comes in, is quite amusing. Just apply some logic guys as to when unlocks are brought in.

For example the pyro unlocks: Does it make the pyro more viable in rolling out onto middle? Does it make it a viable class to substitute over a soldier or scout?

Answer those questions, and you should end up with a “no”. Therefore these unlocks while they are a individual upgrade for the class, in terms of the team meta, helps like 2-3% more on defensive positions where maps have enclosed spaces (which isn’t as many maps)

The fact that there is only 1 pyro allowed (which is all we ever saw anyway before these unlocks came to place) and you can focus fire like before on a pyro (when usually ubered), means its practically the same as last season.

Cheers

Byte

Last edited by byte,

Trane

Quoted from byte

Think the outcry of peoples reaction as to when unlocks comes in, is quite amusing. Just apply some logic guys as to when unlocks are brought in.

For example the pyro unlocks: Does it make the pyro more viable in rolling out onto middle? Does it make it a viable class to substitute over a soldier or scout?

Answer those questions, and you should end up with a “no”. Therefore these unlocks while they are a individual upgrade for the class, in terms of the team meta, helps like 2-3% more on defensive positions where maps have enclosed spaces (which isn’t as many maps)

The fact that there is only 1 pyro allowed (which is all we ever saw anyway before these unlocks came to place) and you can focus fire like before on a pyro (when usually ubered), means its practically the same as last season.

Cheers

Byte

The Meta master has spoken.

And he’s bloody right too. The new rules will add a little variety but the overall picture will be exactly the same.

Quit whining!

private_meta

STDs

After a train yesterday where we had people go pyro more frequently, both in the opponent team and in our own, I was able to think about it. some points:

– Does Pyro change the gameplay? Yes, it does. you need more hitscan with your combo.
– Does it happen because of the unlocks? Hardly. if you use a soldier or a scout it is at least, but mostly more dangerous for opposing players. People now play Pyro to test out unlocks. this changes how you have to react, but mostly what you habe to react to is the fact there is a pyro, not that there is flaregun and axe.
– What can I do? you can counter a pyro, if you have the right class composition and the right people at the right place, it comes down to maincalling and personal game sense.

it WILL make the game have more variety, and you might argue it is a good thing not all unlocks are released at the same time, making acclimatization easier. People would probably equally pissed with allowing tomislav, sandvich and gru or fos for heavy, but then again its still just another variable to adjust to. its going the right direction imho.

also, LOL:
Quoted from Skyride

[…]

Please nerf scissors, rock is ok.

Cheers, Paper

Munky

AEUGH

Quoted from private_meta

People would probably equally pissed with allowing tomislav, sandvich and gru or fos for heavy, but then again its still just another variable to adjust to. its going the right direction imho.

You can’t really compare pyro unlocks to those. Heavy unlocks (as well as scout and engineer) will probably always be limited as they have the possibility of slowing the game down or just creating bullshit situations. Pyro being able to do a little more burst damage isn’t going to change much in the grand scheme of things.

Blazor

Garlic.tf

not a big fan of those new unlocks (black box, pyro stuff)

Spike Himself

TC

I see a lot of teams running a main pyro now, which I suppose is only to see how it works out for them..
(and I’ve also seen a team ragequitting after the first mid because their opponent ran pyro, lol. sup doks)

As a note to the lower divs where it may not be immediately obvious: Don’t forget you win 5CP maps by capping points and controlling ground. When you cap a point, you move your opponent’s spawn back, making it easier for you to control more ground. To achieve this quickly you must cap points quickly (the quicker you cap, the earlier your opponent is given a spawn disadvantage). Both soldier and scout are better at this than pyro is (movement speed, jumps, double cap speed, etc).

Running a main pyro is giving your opponent an advantage, simple as.

Pyro is still a situational off-class! Just a slightly more powerful one than before.

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Guess im late to the party, but, about the pyro: it’s not that the pyro has become too strong with these unlocks, its just that the pyro will still remain a situational class, and was already remarkably effective at that. It’s not OP viewed from the full scope of the 6v6 meta, but we’re now making it stronger at something it was already strong enough at.

Pyro already got buffed ages ago, with reduced airblast ammo consumption, and an increased airblast rate which exceeds the soldier rocket firing rate. I don’t see the need to give the pyro the degreaser, which is not inherently OP, but is just annoying to play against.

This also has to do with the way airblasting works. Airblasting is not consistent with other knockback mechanics in TF2. The airblasting works outside of the rest of the physics system in TF2. Shortly said it’s not engaging at all when all of your previously built up momentum gets completely nullified by an airblast, and being unable to respond to it in any creative way.

Airblast mechanics should provide a knockback effect similar to a normal projectile explosion, and should thus be more surfable. I don’t see Valve making this change ever though :(

Also, effective airblast area is still borked… It still deflects projectiles that are BEHIND the pyro, can deflect projectiles that are going widely past the pyro, and seems to be able to deflect around geometry as if the compression blast acts as a big hitbox instead of a direct hitscan line.

And now we’re on the subject… Have you ever seen the range/radius of both the flames and the compression blast ? (especially when aiming upward) Quite ridiculous. If the visual representation of firing the flamethrower would mirror its actual range, it would fill entire rooms with fire particles…

/rant about pyro and everything that is wrong with it … The problem is that the whole “idea” of a pyro class makes it inherently situational and nonversatile in its use. Giving out various buffs in terms of these unlocks doesn’t increase the pyro’s general usefulness, but just makes it more annoying and boring to play against in specific battle scenarios.

tl;dr pyro unlocks are not game breaking or OP, but do dumb down fights and make them less engaging.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 13 Next »