User Profile

Created 7th August 2013 @ 10:39

Add A Reply Pages: 1

.kr4tos

(ETF2L Donator)
FLANK
DGB

heya,

maybe add player awards & medals on the user profile.
“scout of the season…” stuff like that.

atmo

I believe this is on the to-do! :)

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

The player awards are currently not actually connected to a user profile, they are just displayed “on paper”. This requires to write a player award system, do not expect it to come any time soon.

Team achievements could be displayed on user profiles easily enough because they are stored in the database and creating a relation between the team achievement, time when a player was on a team and a user profile is possible.

.kr4tos

(ETF2L Donator)
FLANK
DGB

Quoted from CanFo

The player awards are currently not actually connected to a user profile, they are just displayed “on paper”. This requires to write a player award system, do not expect it to come any time soon.

fair enough…

Quoted from CanFo

Team achievements could be displayed on user profiles easily enough because they are stored in the database and creating a relation between the team achievement, time when a player was on a team and a user profile is possible.

yeah, might be a good plan as well imo

Last edited by .kr4tos,

Spike Himself

TC

Even though they were on a team’s roster while the team received an award for a cup or league season, I’d argue that roster riding players or inactive members or whatever did not actually “achieve” anything for their team.

It’s also not “easy” to create that relation ;) Good luck working out what to display if a player has been on 3 different teams during a season, to throw in just one random example :p

quell

UbeR |

what about letting people write on their profile? same as teams

Smyther

X

You already have your steam profile for that. The only ones who’d be interested in profile descriptions, from a practical point of view are team recruiters, and you have the recruitment section for that. Teams need profiles to give “how to contact us” and “when we play” information to other teams. I feel like I’ve explained this before somewhere…

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

Quoted from Smyther

You already have your steam profile for that. The only ones who’d be interested in profile descriptions, from a practical point of view are team recruiters, and you have the recruitment section for that. Teams need profiles to give “how to contact us” and “when we play” information to other teams. I feel like I’ve explained this before somewhere…

Actually most sites let users edit their profiles. I see no reason why we would explicitly deny that privilege because we’ve already got steam profiles / team profiles.

Plus the fact that this issue has been discussed before (you should be able to find the mock ups in my post history?), where CanFo’s answer above was the consensus.

Anyway, thanks for trying Smyther!

quell

UbeR |

Quoted from Smyther

so?

your steam profile is for your steam. i’ve got plenty of games on my steam, play other multiplayer games too. why would my profile need to be the spot that i decorate with tf2 information?

etf2l is the main league for me, so why not put some info on my profile? strengths + weaknesses, achievements, history, some personal stuff.

edit; kkaltuu from your answer i am guessing that this will be something we can expect in the future?

Last edited by quell,

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

You should be able to write a little bio, that would be cool.

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

Nothing wrong with the current user profile.

kugs

Quoted from Spike Himself

Even though they were on a team’s roster while the team received an award for a cup or league season, I’d argue that roster riding players or inactive members or whatever did not actually “achieve” anything for their team.

It’s also not “easy” to create that relation ;) Good luck working out what to display if a player has been on 3 different teams during a season, to throw in just one random example :p

Matches someone played in are tracked. If someone played a match for 3 teams during a season, they played a part in all three teams success. If they didn’t play and were just on the roster, arguably they didn’t contribute enough and shouldn’t get recognition for their teams success.

Add A Reply Pages: 1