Forum

[Highlander Season 5] Feedback Required!

Created 22nd July 2013 @ 00:04

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9

Carlos Kaiser

imo any map but these isn’t even a serious contender:
Badwater, Upward, Swiftwater, Barnblitz, Borneo
Viaduct, Lakeside, Coalplant/Ashville, Arctic, Waste/Waste_pro
Process, Gullywash, Croissant, Granary, Warmfront, Foundry
Gravelpit, Steel
Basically people claiming that Barnblitz or something else should be removed must keep in mind that there isn’t enough to chose from in the first place.
If i was to chose, i’ll go with Badwater, Upwater, Swiftwater, Bblitz, Viaduct, Lakeside and Arctic/Ashville, but that isn’t going to happen, since the league wants “variety” in game modes, so then i’ll swap Arctic/Ashville with Process, at least i hope we will play a season without Gpit, Steel or Granary this time, i don’t even know if people that like them more than pl or koth even exist.

EmilioEstevez

GG

Quoted from Hildreth

[…]

Explain.

Gpit is a great tactical map. Encourages actual teamwork and strategy…

I knoiw its all shades of grey but it’s heavily weighted towards 6s classes (moreso than most maps), has height advantage that cant really be challenged by half the classes and the meta has you ignoring A point as its too hard to effectively defend and 90% of the teams wont risk it.

Steel is a great tactical map. GPit is just a chore in HL imo, like granary.

Also yeah, a single map per week sounds much better imo.

Last edited by EmilioEstevez,

Fishie

(ETF2L Donator)

when a new HL Season is expecting to start ?

quell

UbeR |

Quoted from Fishie

start of november i think?

Quoted from EmilioEstevez

[…]
I knoiw its all shades of grey but it’s heavily weighted towards 6s classes (moreso than most maps), has height advantage that cant really be challenged by half the classes

As you said, this is true for every map to some extend. You can work around the height thing with a teleporter if it really bothers you.
But let’s look at gpit then. Demoman is just blatantly overpowered regardless of map so I think we can discard that. If the Scout and Soldier really bother you, maybe you shouldn’t spread so thinly and allow them to take their fights 1 by 1. Should you manage to bait them into an unfavourable position or should your own flank come out on top, surely killing them would make the push really easy if they’re that important, right?

Steel is a great tactical map.

Er… no. There’s no particular emphasis on strategy compared to other maps, but it might actually be the map with the least amount of teamplay involved once B is captured. You decide where you want to go and then go, grinding away through a chokepoint nightmare.
It’s a long collection of tunnels that has you constantly hoping that turning the next corner won’t be fatal. The map is too big to be sure, so it ends up being a guessing game.

Last edited by Schmuse,

unu

Quoted from Schmuse

[…]
Er… no. There’s no particular emphasis on strategy compared to other maps

are you high?

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Fishie

Pretty much everything is ready, will be announced soon.

Tuto

8-)

Quoted from unu

[…]

are you high?

nah, he’s actually right, pure dm fest once you reach last point

Last edited by Tuto,

Toba

(a boT from the North)
Lutunen

So 1 map / week?

this is evil evil

Hello good sirs.

I was wondering what bans you have considered for ETF2L Season 5?

As an engineer I would really like the rescue ranger still be allowed, like they did in UGC. And I know a certain scout on my team, that would be happy if the pretty boy’s pocket pistol would be unbanned :P

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from this is evil evil

And I know a certain scout on my team, that would be happy if the pretty boy’s pocket pistol would be unbanned :P

We don’t speak of him around here, you know that it is strictly forbidden

Last edited by Scissors,

andyvich

Blame Andy

My team are considering ETF2L this season, so I might as well chip in

Quoted from Permzilla

1) Divisions will now have 8 teams in, instead of 6. This will mean that the regular season runs an additional 2 weeks, and also means that the Prem playoffs will involve 4 teams – the as 6v6 Season 15. It also means that if you’re in a division and 2 teams drop, you’re not left with only 3 games left to play.

I like this idea. 5 weeks is great, but it does suck when you have a season of 3 games and 2 auto-wins.

2) Highlander Season 5 will run alongside 6v6 Season 16. This allows for more Highlander Seasons per calendar year.

Both of these ideas are not decided and we are asking everyone to give their feedback towards these ideas – every reply will be read!

If you have any questions regarding to how these ideas will be implemented, or how they affect the Season feel free to ask!

Cheers!

I don’t like this. Half of my team play sixes and would pick that over HL if scrims clashed. Having to replace half of my team to play in a different league would be really annoying.

unu

Quoted from andyvich

My team are considering ETF2L this season, so I might as well chip in

[…]

I like this idea. 5 weeks is great, but it does suck when you have a season of 3 games and 2 auto-wins.

[…]

I don’t like this. Half of my team play sixes and would pick that over HL if scrims clashed. Having to replace half of my team to play in a different league would be really annoying.

These things were already decided weeks ago.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from unu

[…]

These things were already decided weeks ago.

Indeed. Stay tuned this weekend for an announcement ;) spoilers!

Jesse James

Edit : Shit I revived a dead Topic :D sorry

Requesting the Ban of the
Teleporter Exit Spot in Upward, last point, upstairs. Blue engineer places a teleporter exit before the third point got captured.

This spot is broken due its unfair advantage against the RED team. Red Team can only Defend themself with a Pyro (which will probably not work, since the door goes open and a heavy kills the pyro more quicker then the pyro can harm anything) or a Spy somehow saps the entrance (which will probably not work, since the Engineer babysits his Dispenser and Teleporter in that glitched spot)

That spot can’t be considered as “tactic to get behind the Defend Lines”. Using this spot is exploiting a glitch and nothing else then a dick move.

If you need any Demos / STVs, that this spot is broken and leads to unbalancing the game, I can provide you some.

Here is a good example :

http://etf2l.org/matches/45287/

Last edited by Jesse James,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9