Forum

[Highlander Season 5] Feedback Required!

Created 22nd July 2013 @ 00:04

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 9 Next »

private_meta

STDs

considering the Most likely switch to na, its even worse. 2 matchdays (it you cant waste 4 hours on an evening) 1 or most likely 2 scrims, hl official and ho scrim. tell me one person having trace amounts of real life or other things to do managing to play that. i like to play both formats too, but imho that’s too much.

Toba

(a boT from the North)
Lutunen

As long as it doesn’t become a scheduling nightmare.

It’s all about the map pool

Last edited by Toba,

WLAN-Kabel

[CWC]

not really a fan of the idea to run it alongside the 6v6 season.

I still wonder why you don´t run HL S5 during nations cup, as the nations cup is affecting like 0.1% of the playerbase, whereas 70% (estimated) of the HL players also play 6s.

Maybe you could also do a “fun-season” with new maps only during summer break (like UGC does every year)

Jonaz

I don’t really like the idea of running 6s season at the same time with the highlander one, if running season 16 and season 5 at the same time it would cause more teams to drop from the season due the lack of practice for either highlander or 6s. I personally would LOVE to play both but i don’t simply have time if they are gonna be at the same time…

nibo

elev8
eerie

I would like to only play 1 map per week

2 maps a night with multiple rounds takes a very long time for highlander (2+ hours), even longer when you play teams who cant get their shit together and have to wait 30 minutes for subs, pauses, server problems etc. I have had games last 3 hours due to these problems

quell

UbeR |

Quoted from nibo

I would like to only play 1 map per week

2 maps a night with multiple rounds takes a very long time for highlander (2+ hours), even longer when you play teams who cant get their shit together and have to wait 30 minutes for subs, pauses, server problems etc. I have had games last 3 hours due to these problems

on one hand i agree, on the other i dont. playing 2 maps against teams means you wont just get fucked cause youre shit at a certain map or cause the other team outdms you every koth map

more weeks = good. cant speak for overlap between 6s/hl, would be nice if everyone had tme but as mentioned 3+ 6s and 2+ HL games a week isnt hard to do and you dont need that much time.

id like to see stricter punishment on teams that dont show up, always wildcard, drop during season, are always late, etc since i feel that ruins the fun. maybe warnings to the team or to the leaders responsible, including bans if this happens a lot.

Last edited by quell,

nibo

elev8
eerie

Quoted from quell

[…]

on one hand i agree, on the other i dont. playing 2 maps against teams means you wont just get fucked cause youre shit at a certain map or cause the other team outdms you every koth map

this is true, maybe the resolution would be to have it like a football league where there are more weeks and 2 matches are played on different weeks against the same team like home and away

Smyther

X

I don’t play highlander, but my team’s demoman couldn’t make a lot of officials in season 15 due to clashes with highlander officials. Also more teams dropping mid-season sounds unfun (if highlander clashes do cause this). :(

Last edited by Smyther,

Mista

Both leagues at the same time period is a pretty bad idea imo… 2 weeks crossing over each other are OK but more is an opened window to lots of fold, etc…

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Please focus on the 2 issues from the OP. Feel free to create seperate threads for seperate issues.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

I feel like if you wanna run 3 HL seasons per year you need to stick with the 6 team format, however a longer season in the current format is a lot more….well necessary as there is obviously a lack of HL played in ETF2L in comparison to 6v6. We do not lack the resources as a community or organisation, however the way we have set up the HL season is so it is organised around the 6v6 season, and players have become accustomed to this therefore the idea of participating in both at the same time wouldn’t appeal to those accustomed to playing both formats.

I can see a few different scenerios:

1) Best players who (mostly) do 6v6 will choose not to participate in the HL due to increased schedule.

2) Teams will end up picking one format to focus on after the other and drop from either HL or 6v6 season.

3) Teams adjust their scheduling around the two seasons, like the vast majority of teams in UGC/ESEA with players that choose to participate in both formats.

Either way, there will be an increase in drops from each format and possibly a decrease in signups.

I think an 8 week season twice a year is the most logistical and easier to manage, with more time dedicated to HL however doing 3 HL seasons per year would be a very good thing for the scene, it would simply be a case of working it around both formats season, we cannot escape the overlap but it is manageable I feel.

I would trial it.

Freddy

Well, of course it’s always good with some activity and a lot of teams, buuuuut……this is either gonna become a scheduling nightmare or a find-mercs nightmare for me. :( I’m sure it will also be a bad idea for highlander team leaders, since they don’t have to manage just 6, but 9 players. If some of those players play 6v6 too, it’s gonna become really time-consuming, and some people actually have a life outside of TF2….Why was this necessary?

Limp.

EPA

More weeks more maps, (pl_waste plz)

And possibility of hl drama seedeing “team x should have got the promotion over team y”, hell yes.

Tomu

BoyBrigade
MEGA$$

Prefer not to have this running alongside the same time as 6s really. I don’t want to split my focus and there isn’t enough time in the day to play both.

Also now its gonna be 2 weeks longer? That’s just taking more time up for hl. As much as I enjoy hl and started out in it, I liked ETF2L for being shorter and a more competitive atmosphere than UGC.

Last edited by Tomu,

Zimmer

Longer season sounds good, if 1 or 2 teams drops your left with so few matches.

But to run it along with the 6’s season would become so hectic. I’ve played more UGC than ETF2L and often the playoffs in UGC starts when the start of ETF2L HL season starts. Last season we saw that so many teams dropped out, couldn’t practice for both leagues. Many players just didn’t have the time to play in two leagues at the same time, because of school/university and stuff. And that would be the effect with ETF2L running HL and 6’s at the same time, and as Hildreth said it will lead to increased drops from each format and maybe a decrease in signups.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 9 Next »