Forum

Winger and quickfix in S16?

Created 13th July 2013 @ 13:43

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 Next »

shank

vs

Quoted from Monkeh

It certainly won’t help make TF2 a serious esport, I feel confident in saying that.

We shouldn`t use this argument at all imo since its quite obvious tf2 will never be an esport no matter what we do.

Marmite

9 ☆

Winger, yes, Quickfix, no.

The winger subs out dps for jump height, it creates a very small/ no advantage.

Quickfix is game changing, the most part that it builds so fast, the opposing team could have around a 30% advantage in uber, push in but if your team has quick fix, it is a very slight advantage.

But, if we were to allow quick fix it cant be done so quickly, the only time its been played is in one esea match, and in a 1 day cup, which i did not enjoy watching at all due to it feeling alot like pubs.

BenBazinga

Garlic.tf

Quickfix needs nerf before implementation, winger is fine

private_meta

STDs

Quoted from Limp.

[…]You are can read englis not very good or what?

Ok fine.

Jump on the medi boom boom boom 3 rockets dead, if not dead shotgun to finish, done. He/She wont take any odd bounces or get flicked in the air = super fucking easy to land all shots quick succesion. If they waste their uber by jumping around with pocket to avoid getting killed, your job is done also.

let’s assume you are not a troll….

you jump on med, boom boom boom, three rockets, he has 78 hp left IF and only IF you hit 3 point blank rockets, which damages you so much you kill yourself, as you said you have a shotgun. if you still have enough hp it means you were further away, meaning a shotgun meatshot won’t kill him. if by then the pocket didn’t act, the medic deserved to die. so please stop talking shit before you know what you are saying.

ilike2spin

RLM

Add everything, let valve nerf things, only ban the things that are really OP, quickfix isn’t imo.

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

Quoted from Limp.

[…]You are can read englis not very good or what?

Ok fine.

Jump on the medi boom boom boom 3 rockets dead, if not dead shotgun to finish, done. He/She wont take any odd bounces or get flicked in the air = super fucking easy to land all shots quick succesion. If they waste their uber by jumping around with pocket to avoid getting killed, your job is done also.

Just did some math according to the wiki.

so if a medic activates Quickfix, he is at 188HP after ~0.4 seconds and heals himself for 100.8 HP/s or 10.8/0.1seconds.

Rocket Launcher can fire each 0.8 seconds and hit for max. 112.

if a soldier stands infront of the medic and hits each shot for 112dmg, the medic is 15HP after the 4th Rocket.

Then after 0.7 seconds he is at 92HP again, Switching to shotgun takes 0.67seconds

so you have a wooping 0.03 second window to hit the medic for at least 80+ with the shotgun after hitting him with four 112dmg Rockets (holding down mouse1).

gl with that.

Last edited by slate,

Spike Himself

TC

plot twist: stickies

private_meta

STDs

Quoted from slate

[…]

OMG Math and logic!

Thanks! Also, I think we forgot that max health for the duration of the über is at over 185 as the quickfix overheal seems to apply to the medic as well. no idea if that is intentional or a bug tho.

edit, despite that I still want to use it.

Last edited by private_meta,

Smyther

X

http://www.twitch.tv/teamfortresstv/b/433799700

1hour 30min to 40min -ish

Finally I found a good argument against both unlocks, so good that I’m now unsure about them. The argument is basically:
1) in general, weapons that change movement are not OK
2) QF vs kirtz stand-offs and jumping medic+combo has the potential to make both teams afraid of each other, having opposite effect of speeding up the game.
3) ubers slow the game down and the game would be better off with a medic class that can heal, but for now, more uber types will make things worse.

However, I still think the QF could do with a season of testing. I’d welcome anything that makes medic more fun and less passive (and I think most agree with this point). TF2 is fun because it’s fast paced, and having to wait for uber or for the team to get a pick whilst medic hides around a corner is not fast paced, very dull for the medic and not terribly exciting for the rest of the team either, and I think that’s the bigger issue here, not whether it’s too hard to airshot a jumping medic, it ‘looks dumb’ or changes the game too much.

Last edited by Smyther,

I haven’t yet decided if the Quick-Fix is a good idea or the worst thing evar, but…

Quoted from Smyther

http://www.twitch.tv/teamfortresstv/b/433799700

1hour 30min -ish

Too many new unlocks at the same time in this cup imo. Quick-Fix alone completely changes the game, having a Heavy or Engi run around aswell just leads to total confusion.

Finally I found a good argument against both unlocks, so good that I’m now unsure about them. The argument is basically
1) weapons that change movement are not OK

Equalizer, Gunboats and Boston Basher all change movement but they changed the game for the better imo.

2) QF vs kirtz stand-offs and jumping medic+combo has the potential to make both teams afraid of each other, having opposite effect of speeding up the game.

Nobody is used to Quick-Fix so everyone’s kinda scared of it. Americans are currently playtesting Quick-Fix up to invite level.

Last edited by Schmuse,

Smyther

X

Those 3 points are just the gist of it, listen to the full 10 minutes of discussion. I know there are arguments against those points, but they persuaded me to give the whole thing a second though, because it was a good argument, was clearly explained and came from some experience in testing it.

Last edited by Smyther,

Limp.

EPA

Quoted from slate

[…]
math

Ok, made some testing and its actually really hard(almost next to impossible) kill medic alone scout and solly if he/she is actualy dodging. I admit, I was wrong.

How ever with focus fire of few players not that difficlut.

And if you bomb to force or land good shot BEFORE medic pops QF, its quite easy to finnish off, so you you can’t use it like uber to just save your life last second.

Diagnosis = Not over powered, viable choise.

damneasy

Quick fix isnt that good, you can still die by alot of damage at once like bombing soldiers or sticky trap

gnaw

It can’t be argued that it’s downright not very good.

After the ESEA LAN this weekend everyone will be much wiser about the Quickfix, as it will be a big part of it. AG supposedly runs it full-time, Mixup most of the time, HRG and tri hards seemed to express some initial reservation towards it, but at the moment it looks like the teams basically alter between the QF and Kritz for the majority of games, with Uber being a situational tool rather than the standard choice.

Last edited by gnaw,

BenBazinga

Garlic.tf

Quoted from gnaw

with Uber being a situational tool rather than the standard choice.

Good thing or bad thing?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 Next »