Winger and quickfix in S16?

Created 13th July 2013 @ 13:43

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 7 Next »

I’ve heard #LETPREMDECIDE is trending on twitter

BitComet

Corner
GRAHAM

Quoted from Smyther

Quick-fix and winger for season 16; if it turns out shit, we’ll ban it again.

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Sounds like that achieves exactly what you want. The enemy leaves = you gain more ground. You are now free to position yourself more to your advantage.

but then they’ll just jump on you with their qf uber?

.kr4tos

(ETF2L Donator)
FLANK
DGB

Quoted from Smyther

And for the winger making scouts impossible to hit, remember they have to have the winger out to get the effect

oh fair enough, didnt know that

Smyther

X

Quoted from rytis

[…]
but then they’ll just jump on you with their qf uber?

Then wait for their QF to die down, and if you popped, uber lasts longer than QF and kirtz >> QF. But again, you’re theory crafting. Maybe having to hold second only rarely happens when both teams know what to do when one team runs QF to mid. Who knows?

Try it thoroughly and see before complaining it’s broken or looks retarded, because at the moment it has the chance to make the game much more fun for scouts and medics.

Edit: Also your argument is a little bullshit because at the moment a roamer can dive in and have a chance at popping or killing the medic, causing the medic stress and the team to lose the point they’re holding. QF allows the medic to do the same back or escape the jumping player all together. Arguments that say only the roamer scouts and demo should be allowed to do this are bullshit. Try it and see first.

Last edited by Smyther,

Ace

Quoted from Smyther

[…]
and if you popped, uber lasts longer than QF and kirtz

???

Smyther

X

Quoted from Ace

[…]

???

Doesn’t it? I thought QF only lasted 8 seconds, but even still, if they popped to jump in, then they popped first; yours will last longer and when both fade, you’ll have the bigger buff. But anyway, theory crafting; we won’t know who’s talking bullshit until it’s tried.

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Feel free to check properties of medi guns on this page here

It seems to me that roaming soldiers will become redundant with quick-fix.

‘Solly jumping in’ go the comms, medic jumping away goes the action, Y-A-W-N-N-N-N-N, go the spectators.

In fact, how to get medic picks pls? Snipers become prevalent. More rage at fully charged body shots. BAN SNIPER shouts from all affected by this terrible scurge.

I just don’t see the benefits to adding it. Yes, medics will have a bit more fun, at the expense of making the roaming soldier almost obsolete. If those who are idiotic enough to play medic in the first place were looking for groovy, groovy funtimes, they wouldn’t be playing medic at all.

Last edited by Monkeh,

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Fuck this all theorycrafting and debate. I don’t trust anyone in the scene to make a unbiased judgement on unlocks. Just allow them all. No whitelist. In Valve we trust.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Roamers won’t be absolutely useless monkeh, only the ones that don’t hit 90% of airshots.

Toba

(a boT from the North)
Lutunen

Quoted from Admirable

Fuck this all theorycrafting and debate. I don’t trust anyone in the scene to make a unbiased judgement on unlocks. Just allow them all. No whitelist. In Valve we trust.

Fool

Aspie
TC.Crash

Quoted from Monkeh

Feel free to check properties of medi guns on this page here

It seems to me that roaming soldiers will become redundant with quick-fix.

‘Solly jumping in’ go the comms, medic jumping away goes the action, Y-A-W-N-N-N-N-N, go the spectators.

In fact, how to get medic picks pls? Snipers become prevalent. More rage at fully charged body shots. BAN SNIPER shouts from all affected by this terrible scurge.

I just don’t see the benefits to adding it. Yes, medics will have a bit more fun, at the expense of making the roaming soldier almost obsolete. If those who are idiotic enough to play medic in the first place were looking for groovy, groovy funtimes, they wouldn’t be playing medic at all.

Why would you jump the enemy medic who has quickfix? Even if you don’t know he has it and you jump and the med flies all the way back you just gave your team shit loads of room to come in.

And if the medic jumps back with the pocket then it should already be too late if you play it right.

You can do much more as roamer than get med picks..

Smyther

X

Quoted from Admirable

Fuck this all theorycrafting and debate. I don’t trust anyone in the scene to make a unbiased judgement on unlocks.

<3

Last edited by Smyther,

Limp.

EPA

Quoted from Fool

[…]
You can do much more as roamer than get med picks..

And killing medic is not hard.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Monkeh

medic jumping away goes the action

So long as we win rounds by capturing points (as opposed to getting the highest frag count or whatever), gaining ground is a good thing. If you as a roamer can make the medic AND another soldier run or jump away from the area they are holding, you’re basically winning the round for your team.

If anything, that makes the roamer role you describe more important.

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 7 Next »