Created 14th March 2013 @ 16:41

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 14 Next »

Smyther

X

Quoted from AnimaL

i49 final
badlands
point and case

As much as still want shorter map times from all the shit games I’ve endured, that badlands game was really good; I’m sold on EU’s score system.

Last edited by Smyther,

LuckyLuke

UbeR |

I agree that i49 was a lot of fun to watch, and the timelimit is part of that because it makes it just much more exiting since you know as a viewer that there is only … time remaining and anything can still happen. It’s never so exiting with NA matches.

Why not take a look at unlocks? Mixing the EU scoring system with NA unlocks sounds like a much better idea to me (at the very least for the viewers and new people getting into comp tf2).

Last edited by LuckyLuke,

Selek

Dr. med.

Quoted from LuckyLuke

Why not take a look at unlocks? Mixing the EU scoring system with NA unlocks sounds like a much better idea to me (at the very least for the viewers and new people getting into comp tf2).

Please listen to this gentleman :)

Quoted from LuckyLuke

I agree that i49 was a lot of fun to watch, and the timelimit is part of that because it makes it just much more exiting since you know as a viewer that there is only … time remaining and anything can still happen. It’s never so exiting with NA matches.

This :)

octane

Quoted from LuckyLuke

imo that’s exactly why people want the na system, just mess around with unlocks and realize that stock still is better. and then just fuck around a bit with dh or something

Smyther

X

The more pickups I play, the more I really think 20 min maps would help.

Outside seasons/tournaments: Shorter games are easier to reflect on and learn from. Also perhaps more people would play if games were shorter, so they could fit them into smaller gaps between dinner and going out or w/e.

For seasons/tournaments: We can see more maps, more variety in a series between 2 teams, and possibly have more opportunity to squeeze in new maps.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Current unlocks and scoring system are fine.

Aladin

Frajer
cs

Quoted from fraac

Current unlocks and scoring system are fine.

But don’t underestimate uniting the rules between continents. Our scoring system is superior, but adding the NA unlocks couldn’t really hurt.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Aladin

[…]
But don’t underestimate uniting the rules between continents. Our scoring system is superior, but adding the NA unlocks couldn’t really hurt.

We already cherry picked the best unlocks.

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

We already cherry picked the best unlocks.

That depends on who you’re talking to.

Kaneco

I know the ruleset change was heavily considered for this season, but I hope you don’t actually implement it.

I mean there’s not even an infrastructure ready, no automatic team switching, logs get all messed up, all in all it will be a big dirty mess if it gets implemented.

Besides this, we have seen a new wave supporting the EU ruleset following ESEA lan and i49, it seems the reason for our gamestyle and the americans more agressive style wasn’t the ruleset after all. It was all about mentality.

Also from a spectator POV our ruleset is much straightforward and pleasing to watch, you should strive for that not the other way around.

emb

(Legend)
ciortai

We are not switching to the NA rulesets in Season 16, be it maps or unlocks. Small changes to both are likely, though.

ondkaja

IKEA

So incredibly bad that we have to practise two different rulesets at the same time if we are playing in both ETF2L and ESEA. We should attempt to unify the scenes by having the same ruleset, and I don’t see any advantages of ETF2L keeping the EU ruleset. :/

Last edited by ondkaja,

Mast

-=CFMC=-

Quoted from emb

We are not switching to the NA rulesets in Season 16, be it maps or unlocks. Small changes to both are likely, though.

Hooray!

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Quoted from ondkaja

So incredibly bad that we have to practise two different rulesets at the same time if we are playing in both ETF2L and ESEA. We should attempt to unify the scenes by having the same ruleset, and I don’t see any advantages of ETF2L keeping the EU ruleset. :/

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 14 Next »