Forum

Switching over to the NA scoring system

Created 14th March 2013 @ 16:41

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 14 Next »

atmo

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

That’s the point. In EU we have the 30 minute time limit, which teams evidently find short enough to ‘park the bus’ for. NA has it set to 60 minutes just for the sake of having a time limit (it could be 4 hours for all I care) – the point is that, because it’s so long, you’re better off just playing aggressively and finishing your game. Nobody wants to hold a point for an hour.

Hence, over time, they have developped a far more aggressive playstyle than what we have in EU.

satire

ondkaja

IKEA

please change to the NA system. it’s so much better than the EU system which is complete aids to play with in officials.

Last edited by ondkaja,

Monkeh

.:ne:.

As long as we don’t have to switch sides at half time it’s cool.

No-one cares about the terribly minor differences between playing red or blu.

MIndYe

[hePPa]

Quoted from Monkeh

Always blu. Fuck communism.

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from Monkeh

theres not really many differences anymore since they fixed granary tbh

Quoted from Monkeh

I really don’t get why it’s such a huge thing. There’s a command for it. Just bind it and you can switch 12 players with one click.

Monkeh

Switching teams is easy but then remembering scores, twice as many screenshots required, shooting your own team because you’re used to killing red guys…its just lots of minor irritations for no benefit.

Happy to have a little 5-10 minute pause by all means, but please no swop teams.

walters

But what about logs? If you switch team it gonna fuck up logs. Or for 1 match there will be 2 logs? Otherwise it sounds good.

MIndYe

[hePPa]

How hard would it be to have an official etf2l plugin, like esea but without the AC? One that automatically handles the half time (and maybe changes sides), execs the right cfg for the map, calculates scores and uploads logs and stv.

Last edited by MIndYe,

Smyther

X

-1 for swapping teams
Quoted from Monkeh

Switching teams is easy but then remembering scores, twice as many screenshots required, shooting your own team because you’re used to killing red guys…its just lots of minor irritations for no benefit.

-1 for longer map times
http://teamfortress.tv/forum/thread/11560-qf-is-just-a-scapegoat/2#post-42

In fact I’d support less time per map and more maps against the same opponent. 3 maps, 20 minutes each, per opponent? I’d rather this than a 5 minutes break in the middle of maps.

+1 for changing to winlimit 5, someone else already pointed out, if you’re 5-2 with 10 minutes to go, those last 2 rounds are wasted time; you already know who’s won. If it’s 4-4 with 10 minutes to go, then rounds have been going fast and teams get an incentive to change it up and be a little more defensive.

AnimaL

i remember more 5-2 comebacks when 10min remain than i remember them ending with 5-2 after those 10min

using that shit as argument is stupid -_- i guess in div6 you dont get those comebacks but ive seen plenty when watching prem… only time 30min games are waste of time is when they end 3-0 or 4-0 but winlimit 5 aint fixing that yo

i love idea of 20min maps tho <3

Last edited by AnimaL,

Smyther

X

windifference 4 then? Something to make complete rolls be over sooner so un-fun games don’t drag on long enough to drain your team mates for the night. Though, maybe 20 minute maps would do that for us.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from MIndYe

How hard would it be to have an official etf2l plugin, like esea but without the AC? One that automatically handles the half time (and maybe changes sides), execs the right cfg for the map, calculates scores and uploads logs and stv.

Not difficult persé (though by no means easy either!), but it’s a tremendous amount of work. The worst part is that, for it to be less work, it would be built on sourcemod.. Without sourcemod (which would obviously be ideal from a server admin point of view), yeah, it might actually be difficult as well.

AnimaL

i49 final
badlands
point and case

Last edited by AnimaL,

unu

Quoted from AnimaL

i49 final
badlands
point and case

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 14 Next »