Forum

Return the nicknames rule for prem div?

Created 7th March 2013 @ 22:58

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Rinta

Hi,
According to comments to this – http://etf2l.org/2013/02/25/highlander-season-4-signups-are-open/ – the only reason for which the nicknames rule was removed is the lack of casts for HL (please correct if it’s not the case)

But seeing Hildreth’s comment on the same link, and increased casting activity due to birth of EU tf.tv, we might see more casts this HL season.

And since HL is way more appealing to pub players than 6v6, having to see irresponsible players naming themselves as -put any offensive/retarded nickname here- will have even worse effect than in 6v6, since we’ll be pushing away potential viewers that are not hooked up yet, while 6v6 is mostly watched by already-competitive players anyways.

Please, consider bringing this awesome rule back! I like my streams nice and professional!

For reference, rule I’m talking about – “1.10.2 Premiership players must use their real nicknames” here -> http://etf2l.org/rules/season-14-rules/

Last edited by Rinta,

djc

d2f~

just confirming – tftv will be doing EU highlander coverage~

fawwles

TSUN~

tf2 is dead

seriously, people can’t even use fakenicks, because you’re afraid some fucking random pubber will be offended? so what if someone is named “xxtUbRoFuCkEr69xx”? all this hl bullshit is the cancer of comp tf2.

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from fawwles

tf2 is dead

seriously, people can’t even use fakenicks, because you’re afraid some fucking random pubber will be offended? so what if someone is named “xxtUbRoFuCkEr69xx”? all this hl bullshit is the cancer of comp tf2.

You both missed the reason this rule was implemented for in the first place.

LimeBowler

Quoted from freshmeatt

[…]
You both missed the reason this rule was implemented for in the first place.

The request is still valid, though.

Ecophagy

BAGC
RUN!

I agree with Rinta, the rule should be reinstated. It’s seriously annoying trying to watch a match and not even the casters know who is actually playing. Plus, removing a rule that was designed to make casts better because of lack of casting is backwards: it will only hurt future attempts to cast.

Trane

Quoted from Ecophagy

I agree with Rinta, the rule should be reinstated. It’s seriously annoying trying to watch a match and not even the casters know who is actually playing. Plus, removing a rule that was designed to make casts better because of lack of casting is backwards: it will only hurt future attempts to cast.

+1

irfx

EPA

Quoted from fawwles

seriously, people can’t even use fakenicks, because you’re afraid some fucking random pubber will be offended?

Where is the like button on this site?

Trane

Quoted from irfx

[…]

Where is the like button on this site?

More like a ‘you’re missing the point’ button.

Tafka

Quoted from fawwles

tf2 is dead

How the f is HL cancer to “comp tf2”?
More views means more money from “sponsors”
More money means more ppl want to go pro and more ppl will watch -> more money

Biggest cancer to TF2 is there being 10 different sites who try to be community , running leagues and casting.And all are badly desgined

TviQ

ft.

hahahahahahahaahahahahahaha you seem a bit upset mate?

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

The issue isn’t money, TF2’s ROI is lower than the well-known games like DoTA, LoL, SC2 and such. Different leagues isn’t bad either, since it gives teams to expand and play under different rule sets with varying goals.

The main reason for issuing the prem nickname rule was to have a certain professionalism during the premiership games, especially when there is an increase of people being exposed to it because of the games being cast.

My personal thought on this is that HL prem needs this rule, Nickname hotkeys and Arie’s live stats will give casters the possibility to quickly switch to the specific player that’s about to do something, thus not missing any action.
Highlander has 18 players that are (most of the time) alive and most of their actions have a direct influence on the outcome of the game. As opposed to the 12 for 6’s.

I expect highlander premiership players to have played this game more than enough to understand they have the privilege to play in this division, and making it easier for admins, casters and viewers is required.

AnimaL

its actually atmo who made an app that binds players to hotkeys, but it doesnt matter what name the player has… the issue is just that in prem there will be many known high div 6v6 players playing, yet they often use fake nicks which misleads to who actually is playing the game.. bit dumb, dont u think?

atmo

my program doesn’t work for highlander

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

Quoted from atmo

my program doesn’t work for highlander

Would it be unreasonable from me to request such an implementation?

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »