Forum

To hell with screenshots, integrate logs!

Created 28th February 2013 @ 00:50

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

Like kaidus, I don’t see the danger of people faking logs, especially with streaming logfiles.
The expected serverload for streaming logfiles would be very low. Your webserver sends and receives much more data every pageview.

Ultimately I don’t think it’s worth the effort though, screenshots work just fine.

Hat

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]

So, instead of catching cheaters you think ETF2L admins should spend their time on making you able to upload logs? Not only is this EXTREMELY useless, it is also a breach of integrity as the log files contain chat messages from the game. But let’s have it your way, let’s have hackers running around freely because the admins are spending time coding this useless crap instead of watching POV demos. I don’t want to accuse anyone of anything, but perhaps that’s the entire idea of it; YOU want the admins to be busy while you’re installing some kind of shady plug-in?

do you sit at home wearing tinfoil hats

kaidus

WiK?

Screenshots work just fine, but logs are better! In my experience I’ve found it a more arduous task taking and uploading screenshots than uploading logs, I guess others don’t share this.

Cuttlefish

6v6

Quoted from Arie

If you have rcon, you can stream logs. I like the idea, but I don’t think it deserves to be high on ETF2L’s todo list tbh :)

Pretty much this, to be honest. There’s other stuff to do.

EmilioEstevez

GG

everyone has prec installed and auto takes scoreboard screenshots.

if somebody did fake a log you’d be able to request up to 12 (more in hl) pov demos and scoreboard screenshots. surely enough to work out who’s lying

Rex

Integral log(x)dx = xlogx – x + c ??

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

rofl you mong hahaha

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4