Forum

[S4] Map Pool Feedback

Created 24th February 2013 @ 16:04

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 Next »

Ecophagy

BAGC
RUN!

I’d like to see Gravelpit make a return, that was a fun map, although it basically occupies the same slot as Steel. I’d be happy with either Barnblitz_pro or Swiftwater, maybe even one of them pushing out Upward or Badwater for the sake of experimentation. 5CP wise, I like Process a lot, but I don’t know how gullywash would play. Could we not have 2 different 5CP maps instead of 5CP + koth_dmfest in one week?

WLAN-Kabel

[CWC]

well just played barnblitz_pro in UGC, textures look nice , the map is OK I think….at least better than Steel :P
also imho normal Viaduct is way better than Lakeside
and why swiftwater_ugc? is there a partnership between the leagues now? :)
GPIT FTW!

MightyMe

UbeR |

I suggest new map pool like this:
Week 1: pl_barnblitz_pro
Week 2: cp_gravelpit + koth_lakeside_final
Week 3: pl_swiftwater_ugc
Week 4: cp_croissant
Week 5: pl_upward

Why?
– Pl_badwater has been in the map rotation every single season so far, and i think replacing it this season with pl_barnblitz_pro would make this season more interesting
– I looked at previous season where gullywash was in the map rotation ( s1: http://etf2l.org/etf2l/archives/92/2/4/ ) and all games are either 5-0/6-1 or 1-0/2-1. The map is stalematy enough in 6v6, let alone in 9v9.. Therefore it should be replaced, in this case with gravelpit. Great map for 9v9 showing exciting games previous season where strategy and working as a team is very important
– cp_steel is a good map, but it requires a lot of effort to succesfully learn how to play on this map. The map itself is very complex and tends to be confusing. This is just my own opinion but I think it would be better to replace it with cp_croissant. This map has proven to be fun in 9v9 ( as well as 6v6 )

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

Quoted from MightyMe

Week 4: cp_croissant

This is the map that gathered just about the most negative attention out of any maps in the current ugc season

unu

Quoted from Muuki

[…]This is the map that gathered just about the most negative attention out of any maps in the current ugc season

That would be haunt. I really like croissant in HL but maybe that’s because I play spy and croissant is “Flanks: The Map”.

Toba

(a boT from the North)
Lutunen

No Yukon :C

Carlos Kaiser

Quoted from Permzilla

[…]

Are you seriously comparing jumping back up to 2nd spawn in Granary with jumping on the cliff on Viaduct? First, jumping back up to the 2nd spawn in granary has NO uses, there is no resupply cabinet in there and you cant change class. Secondly, control of the cliff has a big impact on Viaduct, jumping onto the 2nd spawn in Granary has no impact whatsoever. Again, spawns hardly make much of a difference.

Quoted from Carlos Kaiser

[…]

Do what ugc did, switch team colors midgame on symmetric maps

Last edited by Carlos Kaiser,

Nuky

Quoted from Muuki

[…]This is the map that gathered just about the most negative attention out of any maps in the current ugc season

Haunt is worse.

We want gravel pit back!

Week 1: pl_badwater
Week 2: cp_croissant + koth_waste
Week 3: pl_waste
Week 4: cp_gravelpit
Week 5: pl_barnblitz_pro

Last edited by Nuky,

Carlos Kaiser

Quoted from Nuky

[…]
Week 3: pl_waste

It’s the the worst map to play, ever.

Nuky

Quoted from Carlos Kaiser

[…]
It’s the the worst map to play, ever.

Huh, i had fun playing it.

It’s one of a kind.

dom_canalzone its the worst map ever.

Last edited by Nuky,

Tuto

8-)

aww yeah great maps, especially swiftwater :D

Lyrete

BAGC
RUN!

The pool is otherwise very good, but as said before I’d replace Steel with Gpit (or something else too) purely because of the high learning curve of Steel.

SabaSaba

[hePPa]

Quoted from unu

[…]

Barnblitz_pro is better than the original barnblitz for a few reason.

*Turntable is faster
*RED team’s respawn timer don’t reset when a control point is captured
*The grassy ground is much better for people’s fps than the snowy ground.

Yes.
When attacking the last point, there are two significant changes.
First (which everybody noticed) is the new entrance on the left, a new door in the barn building.
Secondly, on top right staircase (to the window room), they replaced the steel wire net with a proper wall, so the defending team can’t see who are going for the upstairs push. This is a big deal to me, because now I don’t have to cloak way way before the staircase.

Whoever thinks Pro is worse than original Blitz, is completely out of his mind.

Last edited by SabaSaba,

kindred

myx
SDCK!

10/10

everything here is great
except steel but eh, personal preference

Setlet

Quoted from SabaSaba

[…]

Yes.
When attacking the last point, there are two significant changes.
First (which everybody noticed) is the new entrance on the left, a new door in the barn building.
Secondly, on top right staircase (to the window room), they replaced the steel wire net with a proper wall, so the defending team can’t see who are going for the upstairs push. This is a big deal to me, because now I don’t have to cloak way way before the staircase.

Whoever thinks Pro is worse than original Blitz, is completely out of his mind.

I think the last point is still completely shit, in both versions. Also, I like snow better than grass :(

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 Next »