Forum

[S4] Unlocks Feedback

Created 24th February 2013 @ 16:03

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 Next »

Spike Himself

TC

TF2 is about area control. Whatever it is you’re arguing about, you’re missing the point.
Unlocks may or may not have a big impact on how well your team can control areas, discussion about that is what this thread is here for.
Something that has a 1% chance of happening does not have a big impact on how the game plays out, and is therefore fairly irrelevant.

Juracule

Aspie

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]

Nevertheless, the Phlogistinator comes to mind. It is completely useless because it lacks the airblast, which is the Pyro’s strongest tool. Not only that, if you let the Pyro even get close to a full charge you are doing something terribly wrong. Especially since you can just casually spam him to kill him; he has no means of deflecting spam. So why was it banned? Because the particle effect that the Phlogistinator ejects COMPLETELY rapes everyone’s FPS, which probably is its strongest capability.

While I agree with the gist of your post I don’t think this is completely true. The reason I have always heard for banning it is the pyro taunting on a capture point. He can cap while the damage resistance is active plus buttrape anyone trying to block the point

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Juracule

[…]
While I agree with the gist of your post I don’t think this is completely true. The reason I have always heard for banning it is the pyro taunting on a capture point. He can cap while the damage resistance is active plus buttrape anyone trying to block the point

Ah, fair enough. Luckily for those with bad hardware it still got banned.

Limp.

EPA

Quoted from ondkaja

TL;DR: No, this is not a wall of text either, read the whole post.

On your logic spy and pyro shold be compleatly banned as they cuse fps drops to some.

No really use your brain for once, hardware is not basis to restrictions, never been and never will be.

And yes I’m genuienely angry of your stupidity

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Limp.

[…]
On your logic spy and pyro shold be compleatly banned as they cuse fps drops to some.

No really use your brain for once, hardware is not basis to restrictions, never been and never will be.

And yes I’m genuienely angry of your stupidity

Ok, let me explain to you why this thread is here. This thread exists because the admins want feedback on what weapons they are going to exclude in the next highlander season. And in order to help the admins with their decision, we provide arguments on why a certain weapon should be allowed or not. So, a rational person who disagrees with somone would then come up with counterarguments, so the admins can those into account too, when deciding on the whitelist.

What does not help, however, is your approach. You instantly resort to personal attacks, just because you happen to disagree. This doesn’t necessarily help the admins with their decision. Quite the opposite, it distracts actual discussion from happening. Moreover, resorting to personal attacks is called ad hominem, and is usually made by people who have no arguments related to the subject that is being discussed. Thus, making ad hominem arguments is actually a sign of weakness, and not superiority.

I will gladly respond to the single piece of relevant arguments you presented by saying that Spies and Pyros are inherent features of Highlander, so it isn’t actually possible to remove them while still being able to retain the gamemode itself. Unlocks aren’t inherent features of the respective classes. They are add-ons, and there is a function to expel certain weapons from being used, because not every weapon is suitable for a competitive environment.

Do you want to keep on with this discussion or will you continue to resort to ad hominem arguments? If your intention is the latter, I suggest you stay out of this thread because this is about unlocks, not how stupid you think I am for wanting a weapon excluded.

Python

I feel that the bazaar bargain should be banned ever since this new bug was introduced for it.

Basically what the bug does is increase your heads counter without actually getting a headshot, i believe this only works for no-crit servers. The video below will demonstrate the bug

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOY5S6ZW4HI

As you can see, once i got my first headshot, all i had to do was shoot the wall and my heads counter increased.

Last edited by Python,

emb

(Legend)
ciortai

Quoted from Python

I feel that the bazaar bargain should be banned ever since this new bug was introduced for it, basically what the bug does is increase your heads counter without actually getting a headshot, i believe this only works for no-crit servers. This video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOY5S6ZW4HI will demonstrate the bug. As you can see, once i got my first headshot, all i had to do was shoot the wall and i my heads counter increased.

This looks like a serious problem – we might have to ban it until Valve fixes the issue.

Python

Quoted from emb

[…]

This looks like a serious problem – we might have to ban it until Valve fixes the issue.

Agreed, this thing is crazy, i mean the ability to 1-shot a heavy is just crazy.

Ecophagy

BAGC
RUN!

Given that it’s barely used, banning it until the bug is fixed doesn’t seem like it would actually affect anyone, and would therefore be the best plan.

unu

Quoted from Ecophagy

Given that it’s barely used, banning it until the bug is fixed doesn’t seem like it would actually affect anyone, and would therefore be the best plan.

Considering that with that glitch it’s a straight upgrade, ban it for everyone’s sake.

Frowny

TLG
peace

Quoted from Juracule

[…]
Also smitz I think there’s quite a difference between a class that’s supposed to be strong in close-range getting a strong close-range weapon and a class that’s supposed to be countered by pyros getting a weapon that reduces this counter severely.

So let’s ban Jarate, Razorback, Milk and bleed weapons because they counter spy, Ambassador because headshots counter Pyro, Revolver because it can kill Pyros and the Knives for that same reason. Any Pyro that doesn’t have a severe mental illness can shut down a Spycicle spy if he’s near the combo. If anything, it’s underpowered.

Last edited by Frowny,

WLAN-Kabel

[CWC]

Why is Huos HEatmaker banned when spycicle, razorback are allowed? It´s completely non-sense :)

Juracule

Aspie

Quoted from Frowny

[…]

So let’s ban Jarate, Razorback, Milk and bleed weapons because they counter spy, Ambassador because headshots counter Pyro, Revolver because it can kill Pyros and the Knives for that same reason. Any Pyro that doesn’t have a severe mental illness can shut down a Spycicle spy if he’s near the combo. If anything, it’s underpowered.

ANY spy that’s near the combo can be shut down by a pyro – it literally barely ever makes a difference what knife he has equipped, and the spycicle at least gives you a chance of escaping when shit hits the fan. That’s the thing, if you get flamed by a pyro you’re gonna get airblasted anyway before you can get the pick unless you’re going to count super-specific 0.01% situations. And in cases where you randomly get flamed by a pyro it helps you escape far more easily + makes you able to fight the pyro better. And then I’m not even counting the Silent Kills.
That basically makes it almost a straight upgrade, unlike jarate (still a normal upgrade overall tho), razorback, milk and bleed weapons (lol u gettin hit by dat shiv bro?). If anything, jarate trades in self-defense against the spy for revealing the spy, razorback trades in self-defense against the spy for being unable to be backstabbed. Milk doesn’t belong to a class countered by the spy, nor do most bleed weapons.

Python

Good work on banning the bazaar bargain lads. :)

Slacker

give me back my Pocket pistol :( That argument is weaksauce at best

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 Next »