Created 24th February 2013 @ 16:03

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 6 Next »

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Selek

I would like to know the reasoning why the following are not allowed:

The Holiday Punch – The holy Übercharge can be disturbed, is that it?

The Cleaner’s Carbine – 3 seconds of random crits that rarely occur and aren’t that good for a Sniper anyway.

Pretty Boy’s Pocket Pistol – yeah, 15 more HP. But pyros destroy them.

The Red-Tape Recorder – Has been recently fixed, an engineer can remove the sapper fast enough so the downgrade won’t happen.

The Huo Long Heatmaker – It’s really a downgrade. High ammo consumption, visible around corners, as a Spy I tend to simply jump over the ring of fire :)

The Holiday Punch – Pretty much, will disrupt gameplay.

The Cleaner’s Carbine – 3 seconds of crits will still do a LOT of damage, probably instakilling an enemy. “Killing someone during a crit buff will reset its duration time to 3 seconds instead of adding to it.” You can easily get a bunch of free kills this way. “When critical hits are active, the user gets the bonus for all weapons, rather than for just the Cleaner’s Carbine.” Crit Sniper rifle can instagib certain classes as well.

Pretty Boy’s Pocket Pistol – A decent scout can easily outrange a pyro’s flames, negating that stat. You’re basically getting 15hp for -25% firing speed on your secondary weapon, which is not used nearly as much as the scattergun.

The Red-Tape Recorder – http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Red_tape_recorder#Bugs

The Huo Long Heatmaker – Heavies kept catching cloaked spies on fire by accident while “hopping” around, flame damage helped bad aim against melee scouts, set people on fire around corners and uber pushes.

We don’t only ban weapons considered OP, game changing weapons will also be considered.

Also I thought Rescue Ranger might be questioned a bit, we decided to allow it due to the huge trade off: “Hauling a building (whether with the Alt-fire ability or by manually picking it up) will mark the Engineer for death, causing him to take constant mini-crits while carrying said building.”

Last edited by Permzilla,

feeling

ist doof

Edited. Permzilla made by post useless.

Let me just add to the Red-Tape Recorder discussion: Most broken item in TF2 at the moment. It’s still too fast and especially if all buildings are sapped, you can save maybe 1 from being downgraded. Plus, a sentry gets downgraded from level 3 to level 2 with 0 upgrade progress immediately. That’s 200 metal at once. An alternative would be to downgrade in steps of 50 metal, level 3 sentry to level 2 with 75% upgrade progress etc. but that’s not the case at the moment.

One thing I would add to the ban list is Dead Ringer+Spy-Cicle. Only one of them should be used at a time, the Spy’s survivability becomes just too damnh high. And I say that as an avid Spy myself :)

Last edited by feeling,

Juracule

Aspie

Quoted from Permzilla

[…]

The Huo Long Heatmaker – Heavies kept catching cloaked spies on fire by accident while “hopping” around, flame damage helped bad aim against melee scouts, set people on fire around corners and uber pushes.

Also I thought Rescue Ranger might be questioned a bit, we decided to allow it due to the huge trade off: “Hauling a building (whether with the Alt-fire ability or by manually picking it up) will mark the Engineer for death, causing him to take constant mini-crits while carrying said building.”

So wait, the heatmaker isn’t allowed because it helps against melee scouts? wut?
Setting people on fire around corners isn’t gamebreaking. Setting people on fire in general isn’t that good lol. The fire cone can even be jumped over. Downside and upside seem neglibile to me.

Also I haven’t made my mind up about rescue ranger yet, but being able to be mini-critted while hauling a building is hardly a large downside. If someone catches you hauling a building you’re most likely going to die anyways

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Not unless someone elaborates as to why it should be.. ;)

It’s a batshit retarded weapon which destroys all low level competition on certain points such as badwater 1st, it doesn’t exactly require a lot of skill either. http://youtu.be/4FjpTICD7ZM?t=1m36s http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxI9GmN8NhE

sure, the very keenest and high level teams are starting a bit by bit to learn how to counter it, but it’s still way too rewarding for badwater 1st, swiftwater all points, gullywash 1st and some parts of upward. I can easily drop the medic on a high plat level in ugc pcws about half of the time, and the half where i fail is because i fail the jump in early parts or the rockets decide to go in the most unlucky positions.

As a soldier main I can say that this is something that the class does not need, it’s like a wrangler for soldier except that it’s more situational and better. There is just no way to counter it in a way that doesn’t leave your team otherwise vulnerable

Last edited by Muuki,

Kaneco

I would go for the UGC banlist, looks pretty much spot on…

Not sure about newer weapons tho as I haven’t even dropped some of them

Hegee

Quoted from Muuki

[…]

It’s a batshit retarded weapon which destroys all low level competition on certain points such as badwater 1st, it doesn’t exactly require a lot of skill either. http://youtu.be/4FjpTICD7ZM?t=1m36s http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxI9GmN8NhE

sure, the very keenest and high level teams are starting a bit by bit to learn how to counter it, but it’s still way too rewarding for badwater 1st, swiftwater all points, gullywash 1st and some parts of upward. I can easily drop the medic on a high plat level in ugc pcws about half of the time, and the half where i fail is because i fail the jump in early parts.

As a soldier main I can say that this is something that the class does not need, it’s like a wrangler for soldier except that it’s more situational and better. There is just no way to counter it in a way that doesn’t leave your team otherwise vulnerable

This… Way too easy for medic picks… :(

Last edited by Hegee,

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Juracule

[…]
So wait, the heatmaker isn’t allowed because it helps against melee scouts? wut?
Setting people on fire around corners isn’t gamebreaking. Setting people on fire in general isn’t that good lol. The fire cone can even be jumped over. Downside and upside seem neglibile to me.

Also I haven’t made my mind up about rescue ranger yet, but being able to be mini-critted while hauling a building is hardly a large downside. If someone catches you hauling a building you’re most likely going to die anyways

No, it isn’t allowed due to the several reasons I mentioned there. Also maybe ‘melee’ is wrong, it should probably be scouts in general.

True, but with mini crits a heavy can kill an engie from a good distance easily, even a long range sticky/rocket will do considerably damage to him.

Ghost Killer

ghp.

I do think Rescue Ranger should be banned. Engineer places the sentry far away, when some is about to destroy it, the engineer shoots at it and put it somewhere else. The whole commotion a team need to make to destroy it are always delayed or become useless.

Last edited by Ghost Killer,

unu

Quoted from Muuki

[…]

sure, the very keenest and high level teams are starting a bit by bit to learn how to counter it, but it’s still way too rewarding for badwater 1st, swiftwater all points, gullywash 1st and some parts of upward. I can easily drop the medic on a high plat level in ugc pcws about half of the time, and the half where i fail is because i fail the jump in early parts or the rockets decide to go in the most unlucky positions.

The one you had on Barnblitz was way cooler <33

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

Quoted from unu

[…]

The one you had on Barnblitz was way cooler <33

I forgot to take the demo from my old pc :<

Ecophagy

BAGC
RUN!

Is the Enforcer really still OP? Or is it just banned because giving the spy a powerful revolver is opposed to how the class should play?

Cuttlefish

6v6

Quoted from Selek

The Cleaner’s Carbine – 3 seconds of random crits that rarely occur and aren’t that good for a Sniper anyway.

Finish off Scout, crit-bodyshot Med.

unu

Quoted from Muuki

[…]

I forgot to take the demo from my old pc :<

Good thing you got new BB footage tonight :33

Quoted from Ecophagy

Is the Enforcer really still OP? Or is it just banned because giving the spy a powerful revolver is opposed to how the class should play?

It promotes a bad play style.

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

Quoted from unu

[…]

Good thing you got new BB footage tonight :33

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhDzj_ka_7s

this is now my personal beggar’s bazooka fragclip thread

Last edited by Muuki,

Toba

(a boT from the North)
Lutunen

Quoted from Muuki

[…]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhDzj_ka_7s

this is now my personal beggar’s bazooka fragclip thread

Those picks ^^. Even though it requires some skills to use it, I found that weapon really annoying.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 6 Next »