[S4] Unlocks Feedback

Created 24th February 2013 @ 16:03

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Season 4 Unlocks

ETF2L Season 4 will use the same banlist for unlocks as UGC Season 9, in order to improve experience for players involved in both leagues. The only difference between the two whitelists is the High-Five taunt – it remains banned in ETF2L, as it allows players to peek through walls on certain maps without the downsides associated with regular taunts.

The full list of banned items is as follows:

The Vita-Saw
The Enforcer
The Pomson 6000
The Phlogistinator
The Holiday Punch
The Cleaner’s Carbine
Pretty Boy’s Pocket Pistol
The Red-Tape Recorder
The Huo Long Heatmaker
Bombinomicon
The Jingle Belt
The Bootie Time
High Five Taunt
The Familiar Fez
Ol’ Snaggletooth

Juracule

Aspie

Don’t really see why the Heatmaker gets banned but the spycicle is allowed to stay
Either ban both of them or allow both of them, because I feel they’re similarly designed

beach

[DA]
[DA]

How come the vitasaw is banned ? I know it’s banned in the other leagues but I just don’t really see why :<

unu

Quoted from beach

How come the vitasaw is banned ? I know it’s banned in the other leagues but I just don’t really see why :<

Because you pretty much “have” to use it if it is allowed otherwise you’re at an instant disadvantage. It’s bad for the meta.

Oxy

TC.Express

Yeh my medic loves the vitasaw but I hate the idea of not knowing your opponents uber advantage/disadvantage

Asbak

[DU-R]

Quoted from Oxy

Yeh my medic loves the vitasaw but I hate the idea of not knowing your opponents uber advantage/disadvantage

The fact that its harder to exactly know the enemy uber makes it more fun though imo since it can lead to unexpected hilarious failpushes :D

Last edited by Asbak,

Bighomer

ƒusg

Although I rarely saw anyone using it yet, the rescue ranger should be banned

kzr_

gR.

Quoted from Bighomer

fact!

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Asbak

[…]
The fact that its harder to exactly know the enemy uber makes it more fun though imo since it can lead to unexpected hilarious failpushes :D

There’s a lot of pub servers for that. Positioning and knowing when to push and when to fall back are part of the competitive game, and they are very much based on keeping track of enemy uber.

You can argue that kritz introduces the same “random” uber (dis)advantages, but that is countered by the fact you can visually identify whether or not the enemy is using kritz.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Bighomer

care to explain why you think that?

Selek

Dr. med.

I would like to know the reasoning why the following are not allowed:

The Holiday Punch – The holy Übercharge can be disturbed, is that it?

The Cleaner’s Carbine – 3 seconds of random crits that rarely occur and aren’t that good for a Sniper anyway.

Pretty Boy’s Pocket Pistol – yeah, 15 more HP. But pyros destroy them.

The Red-Tape Recorder – Has been recently fixed, an engineer can remove the sapper fast enough so the downgrade won’t happen.

The Huo Long Heatmaker – It’s really a downgrade. High ammo consumption, visible around corners, as a Spy I tend to simply jump over the ring of fire :)

L-iNC

You should add Dead Ringer to that list. It’s about time spies learn to play the class of their choice.

unu

Quoted from Selek

I would like to know the reasoning why the following are not allowed:

The Red-Tape Recorder – Has been recently fixed, an engineer can remove the sapper fast enough so the downgrade won’t happen.

Still a broken unlock, the 3.2 seconds doesn’t make it balanced.

quell

UbeR |

any chance of banning the bazooka?

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from quell

any chance of banning the bazooka?

Not unless someone elaborates as to why it should be.. ;)

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »