Forum

Remove link to pixel pickup from the main page

Created 22nd December 2012 @ 15:37

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Rinta

Hey, I think it’s time to remove it – the pickup has been dead since forever.

Spike Himself

TC

Isn’t that exactly the reason it’s there in the first place? Or are you saying the bot is no longer online?

Trath

Quoted from Spike Himself

Isn’t that exactly the reason it’s there in the first place? Or are you saying the bot is no longer online?

the bot has not been online for a couple months.

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

We’ll get in touch with skyride and ask him what is up with the bot. If it’s indeed the case that the bot remains offline, we’ll remove the banner.

Thanks for the notcie.

Skyride

DUCS

The bot’s been offline for like 2 weeks. People here just have the memory of a gold fish. The fact there hadn’t been a single pickup for 3 weeks before it went offline means it wasn’t too high up my list of stuff to do.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

For open 6v6 pugs, I know we have some projects ongoing, keep watching the forums for new year.

AnimaL

just replace it with the highlander one #tf2.pug.hl on qnet and normal one #tf2.pug.na on gamesurge

Last edited by AnimaL,

Waebi

‹Con›

ITT: people complaining pickup is dead, want it to be more dead.

Pricee

has $w@G

Quoted from Waebi

ITT: people complaining pickup is dead, want it to be more dead.

read the thread again

Rinta

Let’s just remove the link till Skyride has time to fix the bot, I’m sure he’s perfectly capable of informing etf2l admins about that.

Having a link to a non-functional pickup on the front page of the biggest EU TF2 league doesn’t make a very good impression on the newbies, which we so actively try to attract.

ondkaja

IKEA

Perhaps make a steam group where there is a bot that automatically invites people who’ve played in the pick- up into the group and makes an announcement when a pickup has like 8/12 players added or something. Perhaps a bit hard to implement, but maybe it would get the pug more active, as users who are not on IRC 24/7 can get notified.

AnimaL

Quoted from ondkaja

Perhaps make a steam group where there is a bot that automatically invites people who’ve played in the pick- up into the group and makes an announcement when a pickup has like 8/12 players added or something. Perhaps a bit hard to implement, but maybe it would get the pug more active, as users who are not on IRC 24/7 can get notified.

well thats one way of making ppl not want to play in pickup again…

MIndYe

[hePPa]

Announcement spam is fucking horrendous. The thing pickups need are people willing to innitiate. Not adding up cause it’s 0, 1, 2 or 3/12 “because it’s not gonna start anyway” is why there’s no games. If you want to play, fucking add up!

Skyride

DUCS

I don’t really mind it being removed to be honest. The whole pickup situation has been bothering me for months, and a lot people really don’t understand the problem. I’m quite tempted to do a big blog post about it.

Last edited by Skyride,

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from Skyride

I don’t really mind it being removed to be honest. The whole pickup situation has been bothering me for months, and a lot people really don’t understand the problem. I’m quite tempted to do a big blog post about it.

do it man!

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »