Forum

Wildcards

Created 24th October 2012 @ 21:05

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 6 Next »

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

Yes, but at least that would be fixed. At the moment, you could make 6 out of 7 days of the week, but if the other team can only play on the one day you can’t, and it’s the default date, then you are the ones who have to give the default loss.

Don’t you think that’s a bit unfair?

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from AcidReniX

Yes, but at least that would be fixed. At the moment, you could make 6 out of 7 days of the week, but if the other team can only play on the one day you can’t, and it’s the default date, then you are the ones who have to give the default loss.

Don’t you think that’s a bit unfair?

Like I said in my previous post, if you show on the match page that you tried to get the game scheduled, and gave dates on which you can play, you will simply not get a default date on which you can’t play.

ilike2spin

RLM

Thing is, we were unsure what days we were available for this week because people had other things to attend to and so on that wasn’t necessarily a certianty. In our game vs cc, we weren’t sure what days we could play until after the default date was set, it’s not always clear cut. I don’t see why there even needs to be a default date, why not just a match deadline, and if you can’t find an agreeable time before that deadline, one team must wildcard.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from ilike2spin

I don’t see why there even needs to be a default date, why not just a match deadline, and if you can’t find an agreeable time before that deadline, one team must wildcard.

The default date exists because teams that don’t bother to schedule at all exist.

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

edit: I misunderstood the way week 7 wildcarding works; my point is invalid.

Last edited by skeej,

ilike2spin

RLM

Why not punish those teams with warnings instead of giving default dates? With the default date system, its pretty simple to not schedule your game, there is virtually no punishment. If you repeatedly contact a team and they ignore you, why can’t the war arranger for that team !admin and get the enemy team a minor warning? I don’t think it should be the job of the league to schedule games, if you don’t do the job yourself, you should get penalties. If the game ends up unplayed because one team didn’t make any effort to contact then that team should face a default loss or have to use a wildcard. The only risk I see is that teams that want to try to default hunt could claim the other team made no effort to contact them. But by writing a match comment and talking to an admin it would be very clear that it wasn’t true.

emb

(Legend)
ciortai

I wish AcidRenix would just own up to the fact his team neglected to show any schedule attempts and stop blaming the default date system.

The default date system is not random, nor is it discriminating towards either side – default dates are issued manually by admins who try to pick a fitting date based on data provided by the teams. If you provide no data for us, you have only yourself to blame.

It’s also why we ask teams to actually schedule their matches, as default dates consume a substantial amount of admin time every friday.

Default dates only appear in matches with scheduling issues and allow one team to easily claim a forfeit win if the other does not show up. They are absolutely necessary for the league to function. There are many methods to choose default dates, but our current one has proven to be the most reasonable.

Wildcards used before the actual Week 7 play week, last no further than Week 7’s deadline. We get (barely) enough time to determine a match is not being scheduled and assign a default date. Still, it is effectively pointless to wildcard a week 7 match as you must reschedule and play it within week 7 – which you can already do without a wildcard, as teams can still reschedule after a default date has been set.

ilike2spin

RLM

Can we remove default dates for prem, where team leaders aren’t dribblers and are able to contact each other and schedule their matches on their own? It would save admin time and stop these kind of issues, sure we didn’t write on the match page but we’re not an unknown russian team whose leader/ war arranger is completely uncontactable, we were in touch with cc before the default date was given, and if the default date was never given we would have been able to delay the game after we found out 2 of our players were unable to play. In this situation, it was unfortunately unlikely that cc could have played another day anyway but the default date just favours them for no reason other than they posted a match comment. Everyone in prem knows how to contact the other teams in prem at least and there is never a situation where one team is deliberately not scheduling a game.

Oxy

TC.Express

Quoted from ilike2spin

Can we remove default dates for prem, where team leaders aren’t dribblers and are able to contact each other and schedule their matches on their own? It would save admin time and stop these kind of issues, sure we didn’t write on the match page but we’re not an unknown russian team whose leader/ war arranger is completely uncontactable, we were in touch with cc before the default date was given, and if the default date was never given we would have been able to delay the game after we found out 2 of our players were unable to play. In this situation, it was unfortunately unlikely that cc could have played another day anyway but the default date just favours them for no reason other than they posted a match comment. Everyone in prem knows how to contact the other teams in prem at least and there is never a situation where one team is deliberately not scheduling a game.

Tbh if the team leaders ain’t ‘dribblers’ surely you can arrange the game before a default date is given? And it really isn’t hard just to write on each match page; just do it at the beginning of the season and write your playing times on each page. I agree with some of your points but your whining because you couldn’t abide to the rules in place which all in all aren’t that hard to follow.

<3

ilike2spin

RLM

Quoted from Oxy

[…]

Tbh if the team leaders ain’t ‘dribblers’ surely you can arrange the game before a default date is given? And it really isn’t hard just to write on each match page; just do it at the beginning of the season and write your playing times on each page. I agree with some of your points but your whining because you couldn’t abide to the rules in place which all in all aren’t that hard to follow.

<3

Let me clarify the situation:
Last week – We cannot confirm a schedule date because we are unsure which day daleth/spary are unavailable
Friday – Default date is given, Thursday, works for both teams in theory.
Monday – Official with pLine, after which it becomes clear Daleth and Spary cannot make the default date given
Tuesday – We request the date be moved to Sunday, a day where both teams would need 1 merc but would both be able to play, or we move the game to the following week. These proposals are both declined because the default date heavily favours one team over the other.

Writing on the match page at the beginning of the season is redundant because we can usually play on Thursday, likewise we thought we could play on the proposed date before the default date was given but were unsure. We could have said ‘we can’t play Thursday’ on the match page but it would have still been a roulette for us since we didn’t know what day we could play.

It is not always possible to know your team schedule a week in advance, that’s why we have wildcards, we tried to play our games on time when possible to ensure we saved our wildcard for when we needed it, and when we do, we’re not allowed to use it and are forced to either play at a huge disadvantage or default.

No hard feelings towards Crack Clan btw, no team in their right mind would agree to playing with a merc if they have the option of playing as a team, and the decision to keep the day of the game on Thursday is what we would have done in the situation.

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from ilike2spin

Why not punish those teams with warnings instead of giving default dates?

You can play your game past the default date and get a minor warning, so your suggestion is already kind-of in effect. You could’ve played this game in the catch-up week and both gotten a minor warning, if cc// agreed to that. They would’ve in result recieved a major warning which means one point reduction, which does not put them in any danger as long as they would have won at least 1 map off you guys.

Last edited by skeej,

ilike2spin

RLM

The issue in this case is there is no reason for cc to agree because of the default date, if they had then found out someone couldn’t play on Thursday, like we did, this would have been a different story. Nobody would take a point loss and risk losing to us when they could just say they will only play on the default date.

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

you screwed up between “last week” and “Friday – default date is given”

a Comment a la
“I’m not sure if we can make Thursday, would you be okay with playing in the Catch Up week?”
would have solved everything.

Last edited by slate,

Quoted from ilike2spin

Why not punish those teams with warnings instead of giving default dates? With the default date system, its pretty simple to not schedule your game, there is virtually no punishment. If you repeatedly contact a team and they ignore you, why can’t the war arranger for that team !admin and get the enemy team a minor warning? I don’t think it should be the job of the league to schedule games, if you don’t do the job yourself, you should get penalties. If the game ends up unplayed because one team didn’t make any effort to contact then that team should face a default loss or have to use a wildcard. The only risk I see is that teams that want to try to default hunt could claim the other team made no effort to contact them. But by writing a match comment and talking to an admin it would be very clear that it wasn’t true.

Because warnings won’t fix the problem: the game isn’t being scheduled. Adding a default date influenced by the comments on the matchpage and previous proposals sent puts it on a date that works for at least one of the teams – provided they actually used the matchpage. They allow a team that is getting stonewalled by their opponent to claim a defaultwin if they so desire.

Quoted from ilike2spin

Can we remove default dates for prem, where team leaders aren’t dribblers and are able to contact each other and schedule their matches on their own?

Whether you’re div6 or premier is irrelevant: using the matchpage to confirm/deny available dates is just as doable. The problem with dc. vs cc// is that dc. didn’t use the matchpage – which is neither our responsibility nor our fault.

ilike2spin

RLM

@Slate – First time today I’ve seen a post that I properly appreciate as something we could have done differently. Thanks

Last edited by ilike2spin,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 6 Next »