Forum

[S3] Unlocks feedback

Created 14th October 2012 @ 16:10

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 Next »

aura

the hell emb. nothing got changed

What is the purpose of having a feedback thread when you didn`t change a single thing in that list? Ok, ban Vita-saw I see some people saying they are against it, but again- leaving sets that give massive advantages is plain stupid.

Can someone from ETF2L please explain to me why sets are still allowed?

envy

Quoted from Reservoir Dog

What is the purpose of having a feedback thread

Apparently, to suggest a few more bans or unbans before third season starts, taking in account your previous HL experience. Or what is “feedback”? “Ye, good list”/ “meh, it’s shit”?

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

Quoted from Reservoir Dog

What is the purpose of having a feedback thread when you didn`t change a single thing in that list? Ok, ban Vita-saw I see some people saying they are against it, but again- leaving sets that give massive advantages is plain stupid.

Can someone from ETF2L please explain to me why sets are still allowed?

Attendant set is horrible, the biggest counter to pyro is bullets and making it even weaker to them isn’t a “massive advantage” as far as I’m aware, + the lack of axti or homewrecker is also a big minus.

Even if milkman set is allowed, I don’t think any scout would run it 24/7; You cannot use bonk, the new knife thing nor pistol ever, you’re forced to use a subpar primary and forced to run default melee. +25 hp Isn’t that big of an upgrade, especially when many scouts play 6v6 and are used to scatter aiming.

aura

+25 hp Isn’t that big of an upgrade, especially when many scouts play 6v6 and are used to scatter aiming

haha, ok.

Last edited by aura,

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

Quoted from aura

[…]
haha, ok.

well, care to share your point of view about why it’s supposedly op? If you can’t back up your point or counter my claims then I guess anything I say is right.

Setlet

I like the ban of Vita Saw. I’m pretty sure every good medic used it because it’s more superior. Now because it’s banned, you have more variety in Medic melee weapons:

– Do you want to get 25% uber slices?
– Do you want +1hp regeneration?
– Do you want to see enemy health?

I don’t like set hats and Valve should not have implemented them in the first place. Although I admit the sets, like the Soldier set, are bad, but still they should be banned. I don’t have opinion on the pyro set, because even if you get that 10% more speed, you lose the Axtinguisher and the Homewrecker. The Scout set however is OP. Having an excuse like this: Quoted from Muuki

Isn’t that big of an upgrade, especially when many scouts play 6v6 and are used to scatter aiming.

is BULLSHIT.

You should allow the “no hat sets”, like Medic’s Amputator + Crossbow. IIRC it was banned in Season 2.

The Carbine is shit (Everyone should be using Razorback, or in some cases Jarate) so it should be allowed just because we seem to like unbanning weapons in HL.

Huo Long Heatmaker is a tough one. It’s clearly an upgrade to the normal minigun, but it counters only one class: DR spy. And we all hate those pesky Dead Ringer spies so I’m glad there are now more ways to counter it.

The new sapper is a tough one too. It’s very powerful on minisentries, because it takes such a long time to destroy it, and engies can’t destroy their sentries if they are sapped. It can also put lvl3 sentries to lvl2 in matter of seconds. I think sapper’s job in HL is to disable things, not destroy them, making the new sapper OP. We allow lots of OP unlocks already though so why not unban this one.

The pistol is just a normal unlock. Hitting a scout with a flare gun will leave them with only 5 health. That’s pretty balanced.

Holiday Punch could be allowed, because it would never make ubered players laugh in normal situations (It’s freaking hard in pub servers too). Although I understand that banning this is a message that you don’t want anything to affect the holy Übercharge.

Enforcer should be banned. I don’t even think they nerfed it at all. The slower fire speed makes it even easier to use :D. They buffed it so now you can use normal watches with it too.

Pomson must be banned, no exceptions. (Unless if it was just a reskin of Bison.)

Phlogistinator is a funny one. It’s obviously bad, but I understand that it’s annoying. We allow annoying unlocks already though…

I’m afraid of the Knife + Sandman combo, but I can’t see a scenario where it could change the metagame. Long range picks on the medic?`Well, you should get the #1 in eXtv’s top10 videos if you manage to pull that off.

I don’t see BFB overpowered at all. It should be allowed and I can see it already is. Good job.

Do I want anything else to be banned? Well yes, ban the Escape Plan and the Sniper.

Last edited by Setlet,

aura

Huo Long Heatmaker is a tough one. It’s clearly an upgrade to the normal minigun, but it counters only one class: DR spy. And we all hate those pesky Dead Ringer spies so I’m glas there are now more ways to counter it.

practically it counters any spy. Dispenser or a cart just removes the downside so ammo consumption is not a big downside.

Last edited by aura,

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

Quoted from Setlet

The Scout set however is OP.

Can you elaborate what makes it op? How is +25hp op? saying “it’s op” doesn’t back up your claims AT ALL, also “common sense” is not a valid argument at this point either.

Huo Long Heatmaker is a tough one. It’s clearly an upgrade to the normal minigun, but it counters only one class: DR spy. And we all hate those pesky Dead Ringer spies so I’m glas there are now more ways to counter it.

I fail to see how it counters dr spies, getting lit up doesn’t make you unable to stab the heavy or anyone else for that matter, unless you meant spy-cicle in which yes, it is much more so of a counter. The -6 ammo/sec is a very tough hit to you if, say, your engi’s dispenser gets destroyed, and in non-a/d gamemode you would run out of ammo all the time, which hinders the heavy’s ability to take part in most of the fights

The pistol is just a normal unlock. Hitting a scout with a flare gun will leave them with only 5 health. That’s pretty balanced.

?

Setlet

Quoted from Muuki

Can you elaborate what makes it op? How is +25hp op? saying “it’s op” doesn’t back up your claims AT ALL, also “common sense” is not a valid argument at this point either.

Maalaisjärki. (I was trying to use heavy Ad Hominem, but I decided not to)

Quoted from Muuki

I fail to see how it counters dr spies, getting lit up doesn’t make you unable to stab the heavy or anyone else for that matter, unless you meant spy-cicle in which yes, it is much more so of a counter. The -6 ammo/sec is a very tough hit to you if, say, your engi’s dispenser gets destroyed, and in non-a/d gamemode you would run out of ammo all the time, which hinders the heavy’s ability to take part in most of the fights

I meant that if you are cloaked, you can’t go even near a heavy because of the fire aura. The spy must find a new escape route after using his DR, because going near the heavy is not an option (Unless you really want to get caught on fire). I’ve managed to find DR spies after when I’ve caused them to active it by going to obvious places where a DR spy will usually go (ammo pack). I don’t always kill them, but at least they are on fire. Hopefully my teammates will.
I don’t think the ammo is a big problem. I rarely have 0 ammo anyways. I admit however you can’t be revved up for 2 minutes straight in a corner.

Quoted from Muuki

?

I meant this weapon: http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Pocket_Pistol

It gives the scout 50% more damage from fire, including afterburn. A flare gun hit would do 45 dmg + 90 dmg afterburn = 135 damage. The scout however has 140 max health now because of this weapon, so he would still have 5 hp left :)

Last edited by Setlet,

Carlos Kaiser

Quoted from Setlet

The Scout set is OP
Everyone should be using Razorback, or in some cases Jarate
Huo Long Heatmaker is clearly an upgrade to the normal minigun

Lots of people will disagree.

Last edited by Carlos Kaiser,

Carlos Kaiser

I’ll also note that you can build up the soda poppers charge during the setup time, activate it a second before the round start and switch to any other primary which will now have mini crits, not sure if that’s enough to ban the soda popper.

ISpotnikz

DFD
TCM

why is high five taunt ?

Mr. late™

New guy here, why on earth is the Hi5 taunt banned from games?

Cckwzrd

who is?

Because you can look around corners when you’re taunting

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 Next »