The Red-Tape Recorder
The Huo Long Heatmaker
Bombinomicon
The Jingle Belt
The Bootie Time
High Five Taunt
The Familiar Fez
Ol’ Snaggletooth

Please stick to constructive feedback. “wtf why is the scout knife allowed” gives us nothing to work with. “The Flying Guilliotine + Sandman combo can be easily abused on Badwater, here’s a demo of a scout wrecking face with it” is more valuable to us.

aura

The Red-Tape Recorder
The Enforcer

I don’t understand why these are banned. I’m ok with enforcer being banned but new sapper needs a test, a proper one. If it’s going to be op then admins can always do a mid season ban.

Also Gas Jokey pyro is now going to be new meta. Teams with a pyro that doesn’t have this hat would be at a disadvantage as this set makes it easier to spycheck.

small upd: no wrangler ban despite the amount of negative responses it recieved

Last edited by aura,

ondkaja

IKEA

If you’re going to allow set hats, allow every set hat and not just some. Personally, I don’t like the idea of hats influencing stats, they should be purely cosmetic. So I disagree with the decision of allowing set hats.

Mark

Phase

Why is The Huo Long Heatmaker banned? Just out of interest.

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

If you’re going to allow the flying guillotine, you might as well allow pocket pistol, cleaner’s carbine etc. since they are all new unlocks as well and don’t sound any less/more op than the guillotine, since scout gets so much out of bonk and mad milk anyway, and cleaner’s carbine for jarate etc is enough of a sidegrade to allow it.

So either allow everything or ban everything that might or might not be op.

Selek

Dr. med.

The Phlogistinator
The Holiday Punch
The Cleaner’s Carbine
Pretty Boy’s Pocket Pistol
The Red-Tape Recorder
The Huo Long Heatmaker

Could you please elaborate on why these items were put on the ban list? The item discussions in the Idea Box where either sparse or in favor of allowing these items.

r_a_k

SP |

What’s the reasoning in allowing Attendant (Pyro set hat, that allows flame-maniac to run faster ;D) and at the same time banning Ol’ Snaggletooth and Fez?

Also, what’s the reasoning behind banning vita-saw? I mean, really? Having uber-saw and amputator allowed and vita-saw banned?

Some explanation (beside “it is allowed in UGC so it is good” ;D) would be nice.

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

Quoted from r_a_k

What’s the reasoning in allowing Attendant (Pyro set hat, that allows flame-maniac to run faster ;D) and at the same time banning Ol’ Snaggletooth and Fez?

Also, what’s the reasoning behind banning vita-saw? I mean, really? Having uber-saw and amputator allowed and vita-saw banned?

Some explanation (beside “it is allowed in UGC so it is good” ;D) would be nice.

Vitasaw makes medic picks matter a lot less and if one medic uses it then the other one pretty much has to as well, + it’s just better than ubersaw since you aren’t going to get many saws in 9v9 anyway.

Hurri

ç§

Quoted from aura

I don’t understand why these are banned. I’m ok with enforcer being banned but new sapper needs a test, a proper one. If it’s going to be op then admins can always do a mid season ban.

Agreed. Enforcer being banned suits me. But the red-tape recorder? It’s hardly used even in public games at the moment let alone in this environment. Give it a go.

r_a_k

SP |

Quoted from Muuki

[…]Vitasaw makes medic picks matter a lot less and if one medic uses it then the other one pretty much has to as well, + it’s just better than ubersaw since you aren’t going to get many saws in 9v9 anyway.

One can argue, that Medic having lower health and not being able to build extra uber by swings make it evenly matched. Also, it isn’t like medic pick isn’t important – sure he returns with some uber built, but it is 20% top. Factor in respawn time etc – it still isn’t just plain “if one has it, the other has to use it as well”.

Also, about set hats – for last two seasons set hats were banned, in example not to have 150 hp scout (milkman), 10% faster running pyro (attendant), headshot-immune sniper (croc hat) etc. Now, some of the bans are lifted, two are kept – it would be nice to have some explanation.

Last edited by r_a_k,

I don`t see how having vita-saw damages game balance or w/e. It gives Medic 0 advantage when compared to other weapons, not to mention if the player carries it mean he thinks he will drop full uber a lot. Can you please specify why you picked Vita-saw?

Also allowing sets is just laughable. I mean seriously, banning a mediocre weapon, but allowing an unfair advantage sets give is plain stupid (no offense).

Dummy

Quoted from Reservoir Dog

I don`t see how having vita-saw damages game balance or w/e. It gives Medic 0 advantage when compared to other weapons, not to mention if the player carries it mean he thinks he will drop full uber a lot. Can you please specify why you picked Vita-saw?

Also allowing sets is just laughable. I mean seriously, banning a mediocre weapon, but allowing an unfair advantage sets give is plain stupid (no offense).

it is plain stupid. Last I remember the vita was somewhat broken though so you didn’t need to drop 100% to be very very near 20%

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

We had this argument for the unlock in 6v6 and the same arguments apply here. We even had a cup to test it if I remember right.

Last edited by CrashSite,

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from CrashSite

We had this argument for the unlock in 6v6 and the same arguments apply here. We even had a cup to test it if I remember right.

No, 9v9 is an entirely different format, vanilla ruleset would kill highlander.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Why discuss is here when we have: http://forums.etf2l.org/

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »