Forum

[S3] Provisional map pool feedback

Created 14th October 2012 @ 16:06

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 7 Next »

Ritalin

[d¿s]

Quoted from feeling

As process has shown, sometimes new maps have to be forced upon the community, so don’t give up on it too easily please.

this isn’t really true. ETF2L did not intend to add cp_process until they realised a large majority of the community were in favour of adding it: http://forums.etf2l.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=330 . also, the map was known and proven in 6v6 long before it was added to the current season.

Last edited by Ritalin,

Linus

[d¿s]

Quoted from Ghost Killer

while in badwater for instance, if the skill level of teams is too distinct, you know teams won’t even be able to leave the spawn. The best team will win just by achieving the first “checkpoint”, and that makes it too fast and boring.

and that’s a problem how?

If one team is much better than the other, then that’s pretty much going to be the case on any map.

THE_WILLY

Why there is no 5cp map? You have 3 pl maps and no 5cp, 2 pl’s are just enough. It isn’t like 6v6 where you have to have a majority of one mode, it’s HL, then why not to have a little diversity in upcoming six weeks? ;)

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from emb

After some internal debate and based on your feedback, we’ve adjusted the provisional map pool to the following:

Week 1: Badwater
Week 2: Granary + Viaduct_pro
Week 3: Upward
Week 4: Lakeside + Granary
Week 5: Gravelpit

An alternative layout for Week 2 could be cp_steel.

Just so people don’t miss it.

jabu

viaduct is pretty much koth_DM so it won’t really be a 6th map

Trane

Good admin work Perm.

Last edited by Permzilla,

Ghost Killer

ghp.

Quoted from Linus

[…]

and that’s a problem how?

If one team is much better than the other, then that’s pretty much going to be the case on any map.

The problem is that it is not as fun as it would be. It’s as fair as possible, I know that, but it is not as fun as possible. The point is that swiftwater will keep allowing the best team to win as it should, but matches will be longer and more interesting to play, cause no matter how huge the difference in skill level is, the game will flow. I mean, if you set the defense near the spawn room of the attacking team, it will be destroyed easily, cause there is no height advantage like in badwater for instance, nor choke points, it’s all open till 4th cp or so, and that is not too late, cause that map has a lot of cps… That allows weaker teams to push longer (but they will do in a much worse time anyways, so no reason to complain about that, since good teams will still do better than weaker ones) than they would at, let’s say, badwater…

Yeah, I know it’s a competition and the winner shall win, but that doesn’t mean it needs to be fast or boring…

Also, as I just checked, ctf_haunt is a modified version of ctf_vitalism, which I played at UGC and it was really interesting. The only part of that map I didn’t enjoyed is that it was a little bit hard to comm where stuff was happening. But the map mechanics worked out really well.

Scatterbrain

SpA|com

new proposal is looking good, only improvement that can be made i think is that i’d swap out either week 2 or 4 for steel – mostly because, whilst granary is alright, i’ve never found 5cp to be all that enjoyable in highlander, and steel is still one of the strongest HL maps so should have a spot in there somewhere.

edit: you might want to keep the OP updated with the latest proposals so that people don’t miss them.

Last edited by Scatterbrain,

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

I’d love to see steel in there. Definitely the map i’ve had the most fun on in highlander games. ever.

Really don’t need two granary weeks, even one is pushing it imo as it’s so easy to just get stuck to a stalemate situation for half of the time. I’m generally not keen on 5cp in highlander, although I did find I enjoyed foundry most of the times I played it in hl (so i’d prefer that over granary, if anything because it’s not something from the 6v6 season). I reckon they’re all a bit stalematey though.

+ Steel
+ Viaduct (Lakeside? Both? KOTH week! :D)
+ Badwater
+ Upward
+ Gravel Pit

Inc. them and i’m probably happy, willing to try or play whatever bits you throw in there (‘short maps week’ sakes) but you could probably just BO3 them all so then you’re keeping the smaller map pool (+theSucker point) and you’re not overdoing the game modes either.

Beanie

Add process instead of granary, everything else looks good, just add process to week 2 or week 4. PROCESS IS FUN. :)

THANKS FOR ADDING VIADUCT PRO, I LOVE IT. Just please add process to replace one of the granaries.

Last edited by Beanie,

Tomu

BoyBrigade
MEGA$$

Take out the double granary, no reason to see it repeated, replace with Gullywash, easy fix.

Cup Cake

Abm.

Quoted from Nymthae

I’d love to see steel in there. Definitely the map i’ve had the most fun on in highlander games. ever.

Really don’t need two granary weeks, even one is pushing it imo as it’s so easy to just get stuck to a stalemate situation for half of the time. I’m generally not keen on 5cp in highlander, although I did find I enjoyed foundry most of the times I played it in hl (so i’d prefer that over granary, if anything because it’s not something from the 6v6 season). I reckon they’re all a bit stalematey though.

+ Steel
+ Viaduct (Lakeside? Both? KOTH week! :D)
+ Badwater
+ Upward
+ Gravel Pit

Totally agree with all of the above! Nymth got style!
Leave granary to the 6s and replace with steel.

And oh ya KOTH week sounds like fab idea :D

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Granary is awful in 6v6 why would you add that in hl

taro

Quoted from Enef

Granary is awful in 6v6 why would you add that in hl

Beanie

just add process, it’s a great 5cp map, and I think it’d do well in Highlander.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 7 Next »