Forum

Admins, playoffs, etc

Created 10th September 2012 @ 21:56

Locked Pages: 1 2 Next »

MightyMe

UbeR |

TL;DR Version:

Playoffs:
a) Next time we need to hand in dates “from Monday, September 10, until Thursday, September 13, where they are available to play from about 20.00 CEST to 24.00 CEST” please notify us ATLEAST ONE week in advance. And also, think of our eastern European friends, not everybody lives in the UK and is able to play untill 24.00 CEST…
b) Let teams schedule the playoffs by theirselves, just set a dead line
c) Make it LOUD and CLEAR that IF it’s gonna be a one-night-cup everybody will be aware of this. Aperantly this was only clear to team TwistedPlay, not to team Lutuset, not to my team, and I can’t say for sure about Team Atomic.
d) Allow a maximum of ONE merc and ONE unverified player if the oponoment agrees

Admins:
a) Don’t tell people one thing and then go do the other
b) Admins shouldn’t work on things by theirselves, they should share this with their fellow admins*
c) “7.3 Admin discretion” Please make this rule more easy to understand for a simple ETF2L user. And PLEASE just follow the rules, don’t let opinions take a part in any of this**
d) Let teams handle their own stuff, if a team allows a merc, THEN ALLOW IT? As long as it doesn’t excessively breaks the rules by etf2l, such as: Team a: “let’s set sv_cheats 1” Team b: “okay!” but: Team a: “I’m really sorry, our 6th player internet just crashed and we already are using 2 mercs, can we please use 3 mercs? You will win anyway.” Team b: “Yes sure it’s not a problem for us!” Admins: “Nope, default loss.”

[23:25] Well, if sonnyblack said he wants to see your team in division 2
[23:25] then he surely must have a good reason for it
[23:25] no one else has seen the provisionals
[23:26] seems he was working alone
[23:26] on it
[23:26] so dunno whats he thinking :P

[22:17] Please tell me how rule 7.3 work
[22:17] Does it mean
[22:17] “admin can change the rule at any given time?”
[22:19] ?
[22:23] yeh
[22:35] so basically just as I said
[22:36] we may change any rule depending on different situation…

Last edited by MightyMe,

Mark

Phase

Ok bud.

Vazzan

TwistedPlay.

TL;DR

Last edited by Vazzan,

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

biggest butthurt post i’ve ever seen

Ghent

Team

ul

Snyyppis

RLM

I have to agree that all the playoffs did seem rather rushed, but there would’ve been an equal amount of whine had they simple picked one team over the others.

Also, changing half your lineup is enough to constitute a “new” team. As far as I know even Crack Clan had to submit screenshots to prove premiership worthy, even though it was just a formality.

Shame Lutuset didn’t get a chance to play, though.

IPZIE

SUAVE

i have lights behind my keyboard keys, Q is flashing twice…QQ…QQ…QQ

General

Flame

Quoted from Vazzan

TL;DR

China called, they want their Great Wall back.

All is about admin promising 1st place team spot in higher div, even if they keep only 3 players from old roster then putting them in qualifier, also no merc rule in qualifer and shitty hours to play it.

IPZIE

SUAVE

i heard its illegal to make up quotations of people?

MightyMe

UbeR |

Snyppis, my co-team Leader and me were both told that the changes we had made would not matter for our div 1 spot by an admin, and since there aren’t any strict rules about it, you can see my confusion.

Ipz, if you don’t have anything clever to say, then please don’t. Keep your shit out of this topic, you’re a pr admin for christ sake.

MIndYe

[hePPa]

Apparently if your name is Greg you can choose the date for your playoff match and the other team can’t do shit about it. It’s very nice to be forced to start a playoff game @ 23:00 when you have to be at work @ 6:00 the next morning. GL HF in div1 TP.

Last edited by MIndYe,

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Actually some valid points are raised, MM, and I can understand the frustration here. This isn’t wasn’t the perfect cup that we’d all want, but considering the circumstances (mainly the extremely tight timeframe which could not be tampered with) this was clearly the best approach. For instance, I myself proposed a different and more ideal cup that would cater to more of the various team’s desires and aspirations, but it would have probably required 2 weeks and simply wasn’t practically doable.

Yes, the timeframe for this tournament was very small. There was no other option, there is already a grand schedule for the season; delaying the season for a week because of playoffs was not an option.

Yes, the no merc rule is harsh, but at least this time it was communicated véry clearly (in the newspost about the cup even!) and the reasons for it are very valid: this playoff is meant to demonstrate your skill level as the team that you will be playing as in the coming season.

Yes, the scheduling was a pain, but if the admins would have allowed you to schedule your own matches, this would have been an even bigger failure. The admins checked every team’s availability and made the best schedule possible for this tournament. If you had scheduled games yourself, you wouldn’t have been able to do it better.

Bottom line is: Sonnyblack never promised you div1, and if this tournament wasn’t organised, some teams would have had to be disappointed by their seeding anyway. A chance is better than no chance at all, right?

Last edited by skeej,

Jose

Lutunen

V/ » Sonny Black: did u agree to play on thursday?
V/ » Sonny Black: if we agree?
TwistedPlay.Greg: no
TwistedPlay.Greg: we cant
TwistedPlay.Greg: we changed plans
TwistedPlay.Greg: once u told us it was all monday

Atleast admins tried to reschedule the game :)

Last edited by Jose,

Greg

TEZC

Quoted from MIndYe

Apparently if your name is Greg you can choose the date for your playoff match and the other team can’t do shit about it. It’s very nice to be forced to start a playoff game @ 23:00 when you have to be at work @ 6:00 the next morning. GL HF in div1 TP.

I don’t know why your specifically bringing my name into this?

The moment the playoffs got announced I had a chat to canfo about why we didn’t get opportunity to play in the Prem playoff and the details about the div1 playoff, the first thing he said was it was a 1 night cup and we need a few dates from you to decide which day it was to be played. Once I was informed that the date was Monday our team made plans outside of that , apparently you want us to play 4v6 or 5v6 when we were the team that went out of our way to make sure we knew the date rules (due to the fact that Sam and myself are so busy this week). We waited 45mins for MightyMe’s team to see if they could get 6 players, we then waited 30mins for your team to finish, joined the server etc, 15mins after that you inform us you aren’t playing tonight? We went out of our way as much as possible, maybe you should have done the same?

SoniX

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from Jose

V/ » Sonny Black: did u agree to play on thursday?
V/ » Sonny Black: if we agree?
TwistedPlay.Greg: no
TwistedPlay.Greg: we cant
TwistedPlay.Greg: we changed plans
TwistedPlay.Greg: once u told us it was all monday

Atleast admins tried to reschedule the game :)

I’m tired of saying this so I’ll say it one last time here.

Once a date has been set for the games we assume that’s when the game will be played, this leaves us free to make other plans for the rest of the week whether that be work, going out or in my case on thursday, moving house. We spoke about this for a long time last night and you still don’t seem to understand, you knew when the match was scheduled for and now for some reason it’s our fault you couldn’t play on the scheduled date.

Locked Pages: 1 2 Next »