Forum

Creat "My Matches" page for non-leaders

Created 7th May 2012 @ 12:23

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Alloy

VΛ //

It sucks having to click through you profile then team every time you want to find out what matches your playing. Make it non-editable so only leaders can change it though.

Comments/ suggestions?

ouch

i’d rather talk to my teamleader. because of defaultdates, wildcards, practice, stuff

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

I got a bookmark for my team page.
Click on “dashboard”, click on “My matches”
Click on “My Profile”, click on the team page
Both are two clicks.

Alloy

VΛ //

@ouch that’s fair enough

@canfo yeah you’re right, they’re both 2 clicks but I feel it would tidy things up if it was added to the dashboard. It would allow you to see the dates for all the teams you’re in and it would feel a lot more organised.

Spike Himself

TC

The purpose of the ‘My Matches’ page is to help team leaders find the matches they need to schedule, not to show when their team(s) have games.

If you’re not a team leader there’s no point at all in having this overview; as pointed out above, stuff like wildcards and default dates can happen.

If random members of a team have to look at your suggested ‘My Matches’ page, something is wrong with that team’s structure. It’s a team leader’s responsibility to bring a full team to a match. Whether or not the members in question know it’s an official match or a PCW hardly matters.

Random example:
I’ve talked to my opponent on steam about scheduling and we’ve mutually agreed we both won’t be able to play our match before the deadline. ETF2L admins then set a default date for our match as me and my opponent have failed to use the calendar correctly. Now, one of my members looks at ‘My Matches’ and shits his pants because Beef set our default date and it’s somewhere at like 2pm on a monday.

Now, you will say “he will talk to you as the team’s leader”, which quickly brings me to my point; a ‘My Matches’ page for non-leaders adds no value at all. It’s hardly ever a definitive overview of dates and at best it will only cause confusion.

Beef

Dawson

Quoted from Spike Himself

because Beef set our default date and it’s somewhere at like 2pm on a monday.

:(

Spike Himself

TC

<3

Alloy

VΛ //

Yeah, I can see why the “my matches” page is meant for leaders now. But to be honest, I just really wanted a page that shows all your matches on the same page. I mean, there’s already the option to view the dates as canfo mentioned above, so why not make that option more tidy as well?

Add A Reply Pages: 1