Forum

[HL S2] Map Pool Feedback

Created 21st February 2012 @ 13:32

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Next »

ashkan

No map pool has been announced yet. Until then, please give feedback on the question raised.

The thread will be closely moderated and punishments given out relatively easily. Keep it civil.

Beef

Dawson

Hello etf2l community, we are currently in the stage of finalising the details for season 2 Highlander. You can expect an announcement about season 2 very soon!

We have 3 main topics of discussion at the moment, on which we would appreciate any and all feedback.

1) Do we feature any of the bugged maps? I’m talking about the overtime bug occuring on maps like gravelpit and steel. We are currently opting to leave them out entirely as we have no clear policy on how to deal with cases where the bug occurs. Suggestions on how to deal with the bug, and how these map rate according to you are welcomed.

2) Do we switch to a 1 map per week format? Several players on the higher end of the game note that payload maps are too punishing for single mistakes and a best of 1 format doesn’t really work. We are thus considering to switching to 1 map/week and playing payload as bo3. What format should we than use for other maps?

3) What maps do we include? Are 3 payload maps in a pool of 5 maps a possibility?
The current shortlist of maps is:
Badwater
Upward
Barnblitz
Foundry
Gullywash
Turbine_pro
lakeside
viaduct

bugged maps:
steel
gravelpit

We are probably going for just 1 KOTH map, and currently favoring lakeside over viaduct.

We also wonder if we should keep in 1 5cp map (foundry or gullywash). Or add in one CTF map (turbine_pro).

Lastly, it seems upward and badwater can’t be omitted, but do we than add a 3rd payload map with Barnblitz?

All comments are appreciated!

Kissakala

MUUQ
bad

Upward, Lakeside, Steel, Barnblitz and Turbine.

There you have it.

SabaSaba

[hePPa]

I did enjoy playing Foundry and Barnblitz in the experimental cup. They should be played in season 2! Just get rid of Upward or Badwater if needed. New maps keep highlander alive.

Lakeside should be the KOTH map played in s2 as Viaduct has been played so many times in highlander. At least in Colony people have gotten a bit bored of the map. The map itself is great, but vastly overplayed.

I do not have any problems with the best of one payload. Actually, I never had any idea that people wanted to play best of three payload. However, if this will happen in the next season, I’m open to give it a go.

zoob

2) 1 map per week preferably. BO1 in payload maps is comparable to BO1 in Gravelpit, a bit too random. Also having one map per week makes actually preparing for matches possible. Practising for 2 maps/week is much harder to accomplish in 9v9.

3) Badwater, Upward, Barnblitz, Lakeside, Foundry.

Best 5 map pool I could think of unless Steel is fixed. Foundry is the only 5CP map that seems to work really well in highlander. Lakeside has been really fun in highlander doublemixes. 3 payload maps probably isn’t too much, it has same status in highlander as 5CP in 6v6.

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Foundry should be used as the 5-cp as gullywash is just too small for fun 9v9 imho.

Bugged maps should be left out completely.

Best of 3 payload will take forever…I think the one mistake thing just makes it more tense and fun, Gravelpit is the same in 6v6 but doesn’t take as long as badwater in a close game. That’s a tricky one, so good luck working it all out.

Lakeside, upward, badwater, dustbowl (why no dusty mentioned ever?), foundry = epic season.

Last edited by Monkeh,

Monkeh

Last edited by Monkeh,

irfx

EPA

Quoted from Monkeh

dustbowl (why no dusty mentioned ever?)

Because this map is worse than others apparently.

Bugged maps are the best tbh, never had problems with it. If there was no info about that bug, I wouldn’t even notice its’ existance. Lakeside and 3 PL maps are excellent too.

Monkeh

You wouldn’t notice the bugged map unless it happened to you, and believe me it’s annoying as fuck when it does.

We held point b for like 10 minutes or so and then they capped in over-time and the game stops…what to do now? Replay the round after we’d held for so long…this time they may get a cheeky spy in to kill the medic or w/e and cap it in 1 minute…not fair at all.

Dustbowl FTW! Best map in TF2…ask Byte.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Badwater
Upward
Barnblitz
Foundry
Lakeside

One map a week sounds good, although for the foundry/lakeside week it will be a short week which some people might not like.

droso

o/

IMO,

bo3 for payload maps.
1 or 2 maps per week, I don’t really care. IF you decide to pick 1 map/game, maybe it would be interesting to play each team twice during a season (maybe two games/week -like in ESEA).

foundry, barnblitz, upward, badwater, viaduct.

I think viaduct is much better than Lakeside. Turbine_pro would be viable aswell.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from droso

maybe it would be interesting to play each team twice during a season (maybe two games/week -like in ESEA).

If it’s held during the normal 6v6 season, I doubt this will work for teams with 6v6 players. That’d be 3 officials in a week, too much probably.

Beef

Dawson

Hmm, how about sneaky option number 3; payload weeks are just 1 map. Other weeks are 2 maps.

for example:
week 1: badwater
week 2: foundry/lakeside
week 3: upward
week 4: foundry/lakeside
week 5: barnblitz

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Beef

Hmm, how about sneaky option number 3; payload weeks are just 1 map. Other weeks are 2 maps.

for example:
week 4: foundry/lakeside

Same maps twice doesn’t work out that well imo, maybe add a sixth map and replace foundry or lakeside for week 4.

So;
week 4: foundry/[insert 6th map here]

Last edited by Permzilla,

Herr_P

IKEA

Quoted from Kissakala

Upward, Lakeside, Steel, Barnblitz and Turbine.

There you have it.

I can get behind this.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Next »