Created 29th January 2012 @ 23:01

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 Next »

Typious

Druidz.se

Only allow Soda Popper. Ban others..

almightybob

.ps

Quoted from Tikcus

No weapon should be banned because of FPS issues, the only reason for banning anything should be on whether it is actually OP/Broken

I would count “causing massive FPS drops” as being broken, wouldn’t you? Unless you think Valve intended the Phlog to have the secret attribute of lagging the other team into submission?

Jude

notdoggo

Bootie time Banned.
what the actual fuck is WRONG with that weapon, I wonder…

Last edited by Crasp,

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Reason for the bootie time ban is that it can not be heard on spies, afaik
i.e. if a spy disguises as scoot who has equipped the bootie time, it will not make a sound

Last edited by CanFo,

TviQ

ft.

Highlander is here to replace 6v6

Dr Icecream

Quoted from CanFo

Reason for the bootie time ban is that it can not be heard on spies, afaik
i.e. if a spy disguises as scoot who has equipped the bootie time, it will not make a sound

So? It’s a sort of spycheck then, isn’t it. Same as when people pay attention to the scout running slower. I think banning the item because of something a spy has to think about himself is an utterly stupid move.

ashkan

I think almost all of it is mentioned in this thread, but in short, here are the main complaints:

Quoted from Tikcus

Set hats (addition of a hat making a significant improvement)
Bombinomicon (spy bug, screen shake)
Bootie Time (spy bug)
Jingle Belt (spy bug)
Holiday Punch (uber blocking)
Enforcer (balance issues, esp. with DR, awaiting beta-like nerf)
Spy-cicle (balance issues)
Pomson 6000 (uber mechanic complaints)
Phlogistinator (fps issues)

Quoted from Dr Icecream

[…]
So? It’s a sort of spycheck then, isn’t it. Same as when people pay attention to the scout running slower. I think banning the item because of something a spy has to think about himself is an utterly stupid move.

Would you have argued the same for unusuals, before that was fixed (as this will be sooner or later)?
Are you also fine with hats having a significant impact on the game, as set hats do?

Keep in mind that neither Valve developers nor the majority of the vocal public and competitive community did.

almightybob

.ps

Quoted from Dr Icecream

I suspect it’s more the principle of being able to equip an item which prevents the spy effectively disguising as you. Similar to unusual hats or the pyro’s Jingle Belt (why are you not objecting to this ban too?).

It’s not something the spy has to think about himself, because it’s not something he can replicate or control, or even really know about. Unlike the slower-running-speed spytell, there’s no way of the spy knowing beforehand, so he can’t evaluate the risk of choosing that disguise.

If I was a spy and I got caught and killed, I’d be infinitely more frustrated that it wasn’t because I screwed up or because the other team were too skilled or communicating well, but simply that they had the right item stuck mindlessly in their misc slot.

Tikcus

if you disguised as a scout and didn’t get killed because you were moving at half the speed of a regular scout, but because someone said, that can’t be “enter name” he’s not making a noise. i’d be really suprised

The reasons for the ban are sound
however Scout is a terible disguise for spy, unless the other team is really Bad

I’m still against anything/weapon being subject to a ban because some people with wooden pc’s have fps issues. unless the weapons is OP it should be allowed

Last edited by Tikcus,

Selek

Dr. med.

Quoted from Tikcus

if you disguised as a scout and didn’t get killed because you were moving at half the speed of a regular scout, but because someone said, that can’t be “enter name” he’s not making a noise. i’d be really suprised

however Scout is a terible disguise for spy, unless the other team is really Bad

Well, there are some ways to fool other players for a short amount of time that you are a real scout (hopping around, strafing left-right etc.). You shouldn’t depend on your disguise for much longer anyway.

I have the feeling that many people here have had bad experiences with enemy Spies. Every time only the slightest notion is considered to not nerf (I don’t dare to say buff) something Spy-related, people will come in and complain that this would be a bad idea because [insert random reason here].
As if playing Spy in Highlander was easy in the first place.

Quoted from Tikcus

I’m still against anything/weapon being subject to a ban because some people with wooden pc’s have fps issues. unless the weapons is OP it should be allowed

Scout is my go-to disguise in 6v6 regardless of which team I’m playing against, and it’s very rarely failed me including against div1 teams.

Tikcus

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

Scout is my go-to disguise in 6v6 regardless of which team I’m playing against, and it’s very rarely failed me including against div1 teams.

6v6 is all about the cloak, if you can walk about infornt of the opposition disguised as a scout (or anything else) without raising alarm, the standards must be slippin

aura

Scout is a terible disguise for spy, unless the other team is really Bad

You can’t say that unless you play spy a lot which is quite unlikely. It’s also silly to base own opinion on public and low level highlander experience. Scout disguise is one of the best out there and if used correctly it will pay off. And why would you even regret losing a couple of cosmetic items? It’s not like you’re going to win wearing stupid christmas boots.

Sorry for being harsh. You just saw it coming :/

Last edited by aura,

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

It depends on your location in the map to which disguise you should take, most will work at some point (ok, medic usually doesn’t ^^)

kingexe

TSPAG

rofl at banning shit in highlander give me a break.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 Next »