Forum

[HL S2] Unlock Feedback

Created 29th January 2012 @ 23:01

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 10 Next »

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Use this thread to discuss unlock for season 2 of Highlander. Below are some suggestions on unlocks to discuss:

– The Enforcer (note: has been changed in the beta)
– Machina
– Pomson 6000
– Philogistinator
– Spy-cicle
– Detonator
– Reserve Shooter

At this stage, unlock rules for season 2 have not been decided.

The thread will be closely moderated and punishments given out relatively easily. Keep it civil.

Last edited by ashkan,

Beef

Dawson

+spycicle banned

ashkan

Quoted from Beef

+spycicle banned

Added. I also added a note regarding the beta.

iSpy

I think it should be moved down a hour, 21:00 instead of 20:00… a lot of people have late classes. +1 to Spycicle banned aswell.

Last edited by iSpy,

aura

Enforcer ban was quite expected and I hope that it will remain banned in all future seasons as well. It’s pretty much op even with new beta stats

also lf team spy

Last edited by aura,

Jazz

ScS|
(Q)<

Quoted from Hildreth

Unlocks:
– Set bonuses
– The Enforcer (note: has been changed in the beta)
– Machina
– Bombinomicon
– Pomson 6000
– Philogistinator
– Spy-cicle

Can see why set bonuses are banned that’s a no brainer. Same to go with the Pomson and Pilogistinator.

But not sure about the enforcer. yes its a strong weapon but after s1 of the HL season i really don’t think its that strong. Its not a game changer for me and shouldn’t be banned.

Same to go with the machina. I know it goes through Ubers and can yeah can kill more than one person when full zoomed in but i really dont get why it is banned? Yeah double kills happen with it but it dont feel that it affects the game as often as one may think. It rewards snipers for being patient same that the bazaar bargain rewards snipers for being skillful with headshots.

Beef

Dawson

The enforcer is banned for the same reason as the spycicle, in combination with the dead ringer it’s a straight upgrade.

Personally I saw some spies not even bothering for backstabs anymore and just 2-shotting light classes around the map.

We hope this will bring more variation in spy play.

TurboTabs

(Classy)
Op4

Can the admins explain reasoning for banning the Philogistinator?

Not appealing for its return but I can’t understand why it’s placed up there with the other major offenders.

Jazz

ScS|
(Q)<

Quoted from Beef

The enforcer is banned for the same reason as the spycicle, in combination with the dead ringer it’s a straight upgrade.

Personally I saw some spies not even bothering for backstabs anymore and just 2-shotting light classes around the map.

We hope this will bring more variation in spy play.

Yes it has the ability to two shot light classes but i really don’t think it happens that much…

In the whole of s1 i rarely saw people in higher divs doing this. Also for them to two shot they have to be at close range, its not like there sniping them from a far or across map. And two shotting a player gives them time to react loosing the whole point of a spy so its a disadvantage to use the enforcer then?

And if you want true variation in spy play ban Dead Ringer?

Beef

Dawson

Quoted from TurboTabs

Can the admins explain reasoning for banning the Philogistinator?

Not appealing for its return but I can’t understand why it’s placed up there with the other major offenders.

We based our unlock rules for this cup on the UGC league’s rules. Nothing is set in stone for season 2 however, every weapon will be evaluated individually.

Beef

Dawson

Quoted from Jazz

[…]

Yes it has the ability to two shot light classes but i really don’t think it happens that much…

In the whole of s1 i rarely saw people in higher divs doing this. Also for them to two shot they have to be at close range, its not like there sniping them from a far or across map. And two shotting a player gives them time to react loosing the whole point of a spy so its a disadvantage to use the enforcer then?

And if you want true variation in spy play ban Dead Ringer?

[personal opinion disclaimer]
We did get a lot of negative feedback on the enforcer. Personally I think the dead ringer is a valid tool. When comparing the highlander community challenge to season 1, in the HCC the great spies were the ones mixing the watches around. In season 1 the great spies were constantly using dead ringer. So I feel something went wrong there.

[admin opinion]
Again we based the unlock rules on the ugc rules. We will evaluate every weapon again for season 2. Any feedback is appreciated.

Jazz

ScS|
(Q)<

Quoted from Beef

[…]

[personal opinion disclaimer]
We did get a lot of negative feedback on the enforcer. Personally I think the dead ringer is a valid tool. When comparing the highlander community challenge to season 1, in the HCC the great spies were the ones mixing the watches around. In season 1 the great spies were constantly using dead ringer. So I feel something went wrong there.

[admin opinion]
Again we based the unlock rules on the ugc rules. We will evaluate every weapon again for season 2. Any feedback is appreciated.

But can i ask why you based it on the UGC rules? You were your own league and why follow other league bans? If you want UGC bans you go to UGC (okay maybe map pool has something to do with why people would play UGC weps in ETF2L and the type of cup) but thought that ETF2L was on the bases of every weapon is allowed until proven OP or otherwise?

And also why isnt the holiday punch banned if your following UGC rules? The holiday punch can nullify an uber (i think). Just hit a player and they can’t move? its like a sandman for ubers. (Just saying i might be wrong on this one though)

But of course your gonna get a lot of complaints. Because its the way the world works. People that are unhappy get heard more than those that are happy with things because they complain. But I still don’t think its ban worthy and i stick by my original comment of if you want true spy variation then you need to cap the Dead Ringer or ban it but that will never happen.

And yes the dead ringer is a valid tool and i agree but so is the machina/the enforcer. Pretty much everything in TF2 is variable in a situation.

Last edited by Jazz,

Beef

Dawson

As I said these rules are only for this cup. We will continue our policy of allowing unlocks unless proven OP for season 2.

This cup is all about testing new maps, which we consider legitimate candidates for season 2. The unlocks are really only secondary to that goal.

Jazz

ScS|
(Q)<

Quoted from Beef

As I said these rules are only for this cup. We will continue our policy of allowing unlocks unless proven OP for season 2.

This cup is all about testing new maps, which we consider legitimate candidates for season 2. The unlocks are really only secondary to that goal.

Okay. well i hope you achieve what you want from the cup and i look forward to seeing s2 unlocks.

I think the Enforcer is a piece of shit and I’m glad to see it banned.

So GJ

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 10 Next »