Forum

[S11] Unlocks Feedback Thread!

Created 15th January 2012 @ 13:28

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 16 Next »

Monkeh

.:ne:.

If the original is only a re-skin, why do you want it un-banned? If you don’t think it gives you an advantage when you use it, however small, why do you want to use it so damn much? If it does change the way you play then it isn’t a re-skin and should stay banned.

Leave unlocks alone, it’s been discussed a lot and a decision made for the best of TF2.

Vanilla + medlocks is fine and dandy, personally wouldn’t mind ALL the medlocks allowed as the only non-combat class could then have a bit more to do than just run around healing peeps and right clicking, but w/e. Game doesn’t need anything else.

BZAD

Let me guess something:

We choosed to play vanilla last season, not because there is a proper reason for every item that was considered to be allowed; No.
We choosed to play vanilla, because everybody has his or her own opinion on every item.

For instance: The flare gun

I think nearly everybody can agree, that using this weapon properly, needs a certain amount of skill to hit and kill someone OR
if you do consider this weapon as a cheap frag-machine for newbies, then you have to think about banning the rocketlauncher.

So the flaregun has been banned, because the people who want to see the minisentry in 6v6, abuse the flaregun as a hostage to carry their point and for the peace of the community we killed the minisentry and they killed the flaregun.

That’s one tragic story of an item, that was killed, because of unreal requests of the hostage-takers….

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

Quoted from Monkeh

If the original is only a re-skin, why do you want it un-banned? If you don’t think it gives you an advantage when you use it, however small, why do you want to use it so damn much? If it does change the way you play then it isn’t a re-skin and should stay banned.
(…)

It’s identical on the receiving end, you couldn’t tell a difference when being hit by it (except for the sound).

I don’t see how it gives any real advantage.

I would just like to use it to be able to shoot trough an opening by actually aiming at it and not slightly to the left, depening on the distance to said object.

Last edited by slate,

Monkeh

Quoted from slate

I don’t see how it gives any real advantage.

I would just like to use it to be able to shoot trough an opening by actually aiming at it.

Does not compute….

So it does alter the way you play/aim.

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

Does not compute….

well I’d argue that actually shooting where your crosshair is pointing should be normal behaviour.

Void

CWoT

Since most of the Original fans are 6v6 soldiers, my guess is you have aquired at least some proficiency with the stock rocket launcher. That means you’re probably doing quite well without the Original.
Then why do some soldiers insist on allowing it? There must be some kind of advantage.

The Original is not a situational unlock, it fulfills the same role as the stock weapon and doesn’t add anything to the game.

If it is a distinct improvement after a lot of practise, allowing it would give an unfair advantage to Original owners. Also, every starting div 6 soldier would feel obligated to use it, even if they are more versed with the Rocket Launcher.

If it isn’t an improvement, it should still stay banned, so other non-reskins don’t start bleeding through.

Shotgun

Quoted from Void

The Original is not a situational unlock, it fulfills the same role as the stock weapon and doesn’t add anything to the game.

That’s right, if you want to enjoy the original because you think it looks better or has better sounds, go play pub. TF2 competetive is serious business.

Really though, if it gives even the slightest advantage over the normal Rocket Launcher it should obviously be banned, but nobody is sure if it does. It’s best to keep it banned as a precautionary measure. No reason to allow it.

Last edited by Shotgun,

Quoted from Void

Then why do some soldiers insist on allowing it? There must be some kind of advantage.

No, we simply like shooting from the center instead of shooting slightly off to the left or right. I don’t know about others, but that’s why I like it.

Monkeh

Rocket launchers sit on shoulders, they do not stick out of one’s chest like a badly designed extra phallus. It should fire from the side. Biology says so.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Ban the medigun, kritz only plz.

Quoted from Monkeh

Rocket launchers sit on shoulders, they do not stick out of one’s chest like a badly designed extra phallus. It should fire from the side. Biology says so.

Gaming history says center though. :D

Quoted from Enef

Ban the medigun, kritz only plz.

+1 I’d love it

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Also ban snipers and spies and engies and heavies.

BZAD

“This thread will be closely moderated”

If so, please tell these people to open a new thread called: The Original Liberation Thread

I thought we want to talk about serious unlocking requests and reason for this and that…

herpderp

DAKKA

I’m not overly fussed anymore about the Original but just to make it clear.

Damage out put is exactly the same as the normal Rocket Launcher. On the receiving end there is no telling wether you’ve been hit by the normal RL or by the Original barring the sound of the rocket itself.

The only significant difference is that you aim differently to shoot through gaps and it allows you more freedom to rocket jump off walls on your left side (you don’t have to overcompensate as much with the original because the rocket leaves from the center rather than from the right).

It’s for all purposes a reskin. Everything you can do with the normal RL can be done with the Original all that really changes is how much you have to compensate for from which point the rocket leaves the model. There is no advantage/disadvantage by using it over the normal RL.

Just my 2cents, I’m not arsed about it actually being allowed or not (it would be nice but it’s no game breaker).

Quoted from Monkeh

Biology says so.

Quake would like to have a word with you mister.

And by that line of thought, should we then enforce that soldiers have the view model on the right side? Afterall, having it on the left side gives one the ability to edge corners that turn to the right, which people with a right sided view model can’t do as easily. Thus it alters the way you aim/compensate for rocket position.

Last edited by herpderp,

AnimaL

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

Does not compute….

so does any other reskin with enabled viewmodels – your argument does not stand

it doesn’t change the way you play against it, and it definitely doesn’t give any advantage, are you 12 or smth that u think changing from where you fire gives advantage or alters game ballance/game outcome in any way?!?!

Last edited by AnimaL,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 16 Next »