Forum

[S11] Unlocks Feedback Thread!

Created 15th January 2012 @ 13:28

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 13 14 15 16 Next »

Vali

-9w-

Quoted from Crasp

I’m also not sure what you want to hear from us. Some of us agree with allowing it, some don’t agree, some are undecided and some don’t care.

Well first of all coming to a decision as an admin team would probably be a good place to start. Then post what the admin’s “stance” on the original is and the arguments for/against it (as far as the admins are concerned) so that people can rationally argue against the viewpoints of the people in charge of making the decisions. “Some don’t agree” does nothing to further the discussion.

I would have assumed that an “unlocks feedback thread” for S11 made before the start of S11 itself would be the place to try and get the rules changed for S11, not S12. This thread was created almost 2 weeks ago, it’s a bit disheartening to see that there was not a consensus, let alone a decision, before the start of the season on what should be such an uncontroversial unlock.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

To me, the concept of these feedback threads is not that the admins explain their decisions but really only to gather feedback on the decisions. We do read all feedback threads after the season finished and see what we can improve (A good (or bad?) example for this is that freight has been reconsidered for the map pool after many people requested it in the feedback thread).

I do not think you need admin input to come to have a good discussion, by the way. I for my part will msot likely read all X pages of all feedback threads after the season (like always) and bring the most important points up for discussion in the staff.

Oh, and this is not ontopic but I was not posting “on behalf of the admin team” because I knew I would be flamed, no matter what I said. If I said the truth (we are discussing this matter almost every day) people would have flamed us for taking long to come to a decision. If I laid down my own arguments against the Original (yes, I am against it), I would be flamed for not understanding skeej’s great post or whatever. Remind yourselves that this is a really minor issue and all admins have more important things to do at the moment.

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

there have beenn threads asking for the Original even before the season was officially announced…

if this Feedback-Thread had no chance to affect S11 from the start, then this whole thing is pointless, might as well ditch the [S11] infront and move it to Off-Topic.

Quoted from CanFo

(…)
Oh, and this is not ontopic but I was not posting “on behalf of the admin team” because I knew I would be flamed, no matter what I said. If I said the truth (we are discussing this matter almost every day) people would have flamed us for taking long to come to a decision. If I laid down my own arguments against the Original (yes, I am against it), I would be flamed for not understanding skeej’s great post or whatever.(…)

aber mitten in der nacht zu ipz ins mumble gehen, wenn er betrunken ist. Hast doch übung :D

Last edited by slate,

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from CanFo

To me, the concept of these feedback threads is not that the admins explain their decisions but really only to gather feedback on the decisions. We do read all feedback threads after the season finished and see what we can improve (A good (or bad?) example for this is that freight has been reconsidered for the map pool after many people requested it in the feedback thread).

I do not think you need admin input to come to have a good discussion, by the way. I for my part will msot likely read all X pages of all feedback threads after the season (like always) and bring the most important points up for discussion in the staff.

I disagree, if the admins (as a team) explain how they’ve arrived upon a decision we as a community gain insight into how these decisions come to be. Without an explanation we can’t know how you weigh certain factors of the discussion against each other. From my point of view explaining how you’ve arrived upon a decision aids the discussion because the community is then able to argue it’s point of better on points where it might disagree with you on how the factors are weighed.

Oh, and this is not ontopic but I was not posting “on behalf of the admin team” because I knew I would be flamed, no matter what I said. If I said the truth (we are discussing this matter almost every day) people would have flamed us for taking long to come to a decision. If I laid down my own arguments against the Original (yes, I am against it), I would be flamed for not understanding skeej’s great post or whatever.

Sadly it seems that being an ETF2L admin means you will get flamed regardless of what action you take.

I do think that if it was communicated to the community that it is being discussed by the admin team (and especially whats being disagreed up amongst the admins) would’ve been beneficial to the course of the discussion for the reason I gave above.

Remind yourselves that this is a really minor issue and all admins have more important things to do at the moment.

I agree with you that in the grand scheme of things The Original doesn’t matter all that much, however you can also say that to alot of people the feedback (not just the Original per se) matters because people are invested into the game to some degree. So to receive no response from the admins can give the impression that the admins are not concerned with the points raised, even if they could well be discussing the very same topic in the admin channel at the time.

Last edited by herpderp,

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from CanFo

First of all, I appreciate you considering every viewpoint and reading every topic carefully.

If I said the truth (we are discussing this matter almost every day) people would have flamed us for taking long to come to a decision.

No, we would wonder what new holy arguments the admins have that aren’t to be found/confirmed/refuted/??? in this topic already ;)

If I laid down my own arguments against the Original (yes, I am against it), I would be flamed for not understanding skeej’s great post or whatever.

I think we’re all trying to keep the flaming at a minimum, and so far succeeded quite well. If your arguments were to be sound, and not in any way disregarding what has been said before in this topic, then I don’t see any reason why you would be flamed. But to be honest, I haven’t seen any unrefuted arguments against the original besides the “I don’t like the sound” argument (can’t really argue against that, also a decrease in audiospatial information of the firing sound is probably placebo effect)

Remind yourselves that this is a really minor issue and all admins have more important things to do at the moment.

Well yeah, in the end, this decision won’t kill anyone no matter what the outcome is. I’m not even a solly ffs, I play healbot and I have no direct interest in allowing The Original (afaik both of Decerto’s soldiers would rather play with the RL). “More important matters at hand” is also a fallacy though. Issues are issues and should all be dealt with. Having time to make jokes about the aerial motion of a metal currency deciding the outcome of this discussion suggests that there is enough time at hand though.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Original is being discussed currently, thanks for the feedback.

Last edited by Hildreth,

Crasp

(Legend)
BACΩN |
бекон

http://etf2l.org/forum/admin/topic-20151/

If you can see it, read it. If not, don’t worry about it.

BZAD

Quoted from CanFo

We do read all feedback threads after the season finished and see what we can improve (A good (or bad?)

So I can hope, that the essence of this thread won’t be solely the original problem, but also the suggestions some made?

Tornf4lk

cc//

Quoted from BZAD

[…]

So I can hope, that the essence of this thread won’t be solely the original problem, but also the suggestions some made?

Etf2l is in a tight spot though, because the premier players actually boycott the league not too long ago if you can’t remember. and etf2l wanted to cater to the everyday player that was interested in some of the debatably balanced unlocks. However prem said no and here we are today, with the admins apparently not unbanning the original cuz butthurt, and nothing else getting unbanned because prem is butthurt. tbh nothing is going to get done ):

v1ruuz

Quoted from Tornf4lk

[…]
Etf2l is in a tight spot though, because the premier players actually boycott the league not too long ago if you can’t remember. and etf2l wanted to cater to the everyday player that was interested in some of the debatably balanced unlocks. However prem said no and here we are today, with the admins apparently not unbanning the original cuz butthurt, and nothing else getting unbanned because prem is butthurt. tbh nothing is going to get done ):

shut up

Admin edit – Now now lets keep it mannered ;)

kingexe

TSPAG

Can’t believe there’s so much contention about the original. Oh no now I can’t win a mouse pad because the sound file of a weapon has changed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! come on

MEGAMIDDIE

PINT

Quoted from kingexe

Can’t believe there’s so much contention about the original. Oh no now I can’t win a mouse pad because the sound file of a weapon has changed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! come on

but it feels so much nicer to play wiiith…

m4tu

allow “bonk” for scout

Last edited by m4tu,

wpminnows

[PG]

allow all the unlocks except the few really bad ones

Ghostface

spire

Quoted from Tornf4lk

[…]

It’s ok. There’s not many prem players left anyway.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 13 14 15 16 Next »