Forum

[S11] Map Pool Feedback Thread!

Created 12th January 2012 @ 18:53

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 Next »

Gpit is probably the most interesting map in competitive TF2. Agreed, it is not fast paced as some other 5 cp maps, but it gives so many possibilities and different tactics. Personally, Gpit is a great map for teams that can`t rely on their DM too much, but can on their tactics and stable team play. I always like to see underdogs winning on Gpit.

For me, Freight has some comic value. Randomness of those trains just makes me laugh, but probably because my team won all games on Freight this season. I think it should get removed, because that same randomness doesn`t give a balanced game. I still remember an enemy combo getting stuck on middle point because train was blocking their retreat.

I won`t comment on Granlands, Gully and Snake, because they are just great maps.

Now on possibly new maps: I don`t want to see Foundry in the next season. First of all it is an ugly map, but I can live with it. Second, sniper lanes and middle are, in my opinion, game breakers and I seriously don`t have any desire to play it. The last point is like a complete opposite of Freight, because it is so hard to defend. Maybe some more games on that map would give me some more insight, but for now I am against Foundry.

Croissant is still my favorite new map. The whole map is a bit weird, but in a good way. The last point and middle are just crazy- it is going to be an interesting map if they put it in S12.

Also, being a competitive player for only something more then a year, I have no idea why Well and Fastlane were removed? Did maps proved to be disaster in comp games or what?

TurboTabs

(Classy)
Op4

Quoted from Sonny Black

[…]
:D

Good Eyes. Edited to koth_viaduct_pro.

Also I don’t know why I’m suggesting things like this. It’s likely that it will come down to a poll decision from the entire etf2l community. Better to try and convince the people rather then the heads.

Quoted from Pynklùùùnningen

consider granary_pro. Maybe do a one-night cup.

I could have sworn that there’s already been one before. Was the response negative last time or something?

Last edited by TurboTabs,

cmd

(ETF2L Donator)
LEGO

Quoted from TurboTabs

Request Map of;
3 x (5cp)
1 x (koth)
1 x (A&D)
1 x (ctf)

What I recommend;

– Keep Snake/Badl/Gully. This can be our 5cp meaty goodness.

– Get rid of freight. Poor 5cp map with its awkward last. Weakest of the lot.

– Get rid of granary. We have enough 5cp maps and its not as good as others/slow too. Might be really hard as it’s a map with a big comp legacy and familiarity.

– Keep gravelpit. Provides excellent matches to watch and offers different way to play by emphasising on rollout strats. Change with another

– Re-introduce CTF with ctf_turbine_pro

– Re-introduce Koth with koth_viaduct_pro

+1

cmd

(ETF2L Donator)
LEGO

Dawble post.

Last edited by cmd,

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

I love gravelpit so much. Actually requires a brain instead of just DMing the hell out of everyone.

Also allows for off-classing <3

Frieght was bad. Well duh.

KOTH is all DM and no tactics, fun but punishes smart teams, which is in itself stupid.

CTF turns into stalemates no matter the rules.

I would love if the different game modes work but they don’t…

Also Croissant. For the love of sweet Jesus Crossiant.

Last edited by CrashSite,

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

The feedback I’m reading here is fucking retarded.
Just ask me to pick the map pool, no worries.

Tornf4lk

cc//

Quoted from Admirable

The feedback I’m reading here is fucking retarded.
Just ask me to pick the map pool, no worries.

+1

Snyyppis

RLM

I’m not going to comment on the maps as such, since even the maps I wouldn’t want will find their way in the vote anyway.

What I do want to point out, though, is that I don’t see any need for a sizeable map pool. Fewer maps to play is fewer maps to practice, and as such will improve the quality of games played.

We have an extremely good set of maps in Badlands, Granary, Gullywash and Snakewater alone.

bìester

Quoted from Snyyppis

We have an extremely good set of maps in Badlands, Granary, Gullywash and Snakewater alone.

^
this

Vode

I found Freight and Granary tedious maps to play on this season moreso than the previous they have appeared in, although the return of the former was something I found interesting in the poll at least.

As I said previously in the thread, I miss(ed) the ‘new map’ of the season to brainstorm crazy strategies (I like to do that) and seeing how other teams do the same. I did however still get to do this in Wireplay with Foundry, but I prefer ETF2L’s leagues so I didn’t go too mad over it.

I will always hate Gullywash with a passion but you other mental people love it, so I’d like to see that, Badlands, Snakewater and Gravelpit (get rid of it and you die!) return in future.

cp_well cup to see how it fairs would be nice, seeing Monkeh killed by train on more than one map is something I could and most probably would enjoy.. alot.

Last edited by Vode,

i could have done without snakewater, but meh

MIndYe

[hePPa]

Has cp_yukon ever been played on ETF2L and if not, why? Never played in on 6v6 so don’t know if it works or not.

Quoted from MIndYe

Has cp_yukon ever been played on ETF2L and if not, why? Never played in on 6v6 so don’t know if it works or not.

It’s been done in an MNM, feedback was average.

MIndYe

[hePPa]

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

It’s been done in an MNM, feedback was average.

Maybe a cup for it? Can’t be worse than freight. :D

Quoted from MIndYe

[…]
Maybe a cup for it? Can’t be worse than freight. :D

MNM = Cup :p

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 Next »