Forum

[S11] Map Pool Feedback Thread!

Created 12th January 2012 @ 18:53

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 11 Next »

Crasp

(Legend)
BACΩN |
бекон

– This is the place to give the admins feedback regarding the map pool and the map order in the schedule.
– Feedback on the custom maps themselves (e.g. suggestions on improvements) are to be shared in their respective threads.
– The thread will be closely moderated and punishments given out relatively easily. Keep it civil.

Map pool
Badlands
Gullywash
Granary
Gravelpit
Freight
Snakewater

Schedule: TBA

Last edited by Crasp,

Warmaster

-[MG]-
HL

Freight will cause a lot of controversy. My suggestion is making a new poll (freight y/n + what is your div) as to me it seems the majority of the higher div teams don’t want it and the lower ones do want it.

If this really is the case, why not have slightly different maps for different divisions?

At least this way most will be happy.

FAINTAYDAYDAYDAYDAYD

Quoted from Crasp

– The thread will be closely moderated and punishments given out relatively easily. Keep it civil.

Inb4 shouldn’t have sweared => ban, aka ashkan.

also, WHERE THE HELL IS VIADUCT? :(((
and why was there a vote for 6 or fewer maps, and we have managed to find a 7th? Nice logic bro.

AnimaL

cool pool bro`

herpderp

DAKKA

To clean up Koeitje’s question :

Why was it decided that cp_foundry was to be the decider map for all play offs?

Freight is awful crap, didnt we already figure that out in the earlier seasons with teams turtling last for 25 minutes.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

I will play freight in the gayest possible way to make it more hated.

FAINTAYDAYDAYDAYDAYD

Quoted from CanFo

I will play freight in the gayest possible way to make it more hated.

Let me run dead ringer spy just to make it THAT bit more annoying plz

atmo

Who are these people voting for freight? Why are none of them actually commenting saying they are happy? I’m one of these low-div players allegedly voting for freight but I don’t want that shit in either, nor do I know anyone around my level that wanted it.

Si^

T2P
[PG]

Open question to the community:

Why do we have to always have 2 random maps to provide a feeling of “freshness”?

Especially when over half of us can not be bothered to test them out in 6 v 6 till forced upon by etf2l.

Last edited by Si^,

alf

freight is back. yeah.
foundry did not make it. :((

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Si^

Open question to the community:

Why do we have to always have 2 random maps to provide a feeling of “freshness”?

Especially when over half of us can not be bothered to test them out in 6 v 6 till forced upon by etf2l.

It’s because we need new maps what people play all the time in the map pool….o wait most of the games played are on badlands.

why would you force cp_foundry upon players, especially in the playoffs?

Last edited by T0m,

Wolf :D

PStM
DStS

freight > snakewater gtfo haters

Ritalin

[d¿s]

the people voting Freight must have short memories, or weren’t around when it was in the map pool previously. defending last is a breeze even against significantly better teams.

i think people are just voting for the maps they can run sniper 24/7 (gully, freight, foundry and to a slightly lesser extent snakewater)

ThePledge

Two things I like to say about all this, well maybe three.

1. The community has spoken, complaining about maps will never work ;)
2. It seems that when there’s such a big difference in map vote percentages, making the top 6 official seems weird. Not only is the percentage between the top 4 and the rest huge (>17%), but the difference between option 5 and the least chosen map, is the same (16%). This makes me think that creating a map pool of only four maps seems a lot better than six.
3. Has the Gpit bug been fixed yet? Else it seems stupid to include the map either way.

If any of the admins can shed some light on point #2, I’d like to discuss this properly ^^ Feel free to pm me on irc as well if you feel like wasting some time discussing tf2 issues :D

– Patrick

———————————

Posted this in a response to the newspost. Figured I’d put it here. Obviously the “Foundry is the decider map for every playoff” rule is stupid. I can put some arguments here, but I think someone else who is not a forum retard will do that for me. Thanks in advance.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 11 Next »