Forum

Dear ETF2L Engineer 6v6 Unlock Request(Suggestion)

Created 3rd December 2011 @ 16:18

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

El Cattivo

I think, the Unlock-Rules are good like they are now. I’d just like to see the equalizer again, but this is not essential….

Selek

Dr. med.

I’ll give you the Wrangler and maybe the Sandman, to name a few. I don’t know about the Gunslinger, but if you say so, ok. But I don’t get why weapons like Degreaser, Flare Gun, Dead Ringer, Ambassador, Direct Hit, Original, Disciplinary Action – only naming a few – are not allowed. They allow different playstyles, reward skill or buff classes that are not as useful in many situations.

I don’t have much experience in 6v6. Still, I haven’t seen many other arguments apart from “it’supposed to be this way, because it was this way before”

It reminds me a bit of “Stop having fun guys” http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StopHavingFunGuys. But then again, I don’t know much about the reasoning behind it. So please do enlighten me :-)

MEGAMIDDIE

PINT

It’s too much effort to sort them into overpowered, too game changing, skillless, annoying, adds nothing etc, when you can just put a blind over the whole thing, because none of it really adds anything special to the game. You could have the gunslinger, but what would be the point? It doesn’t add anything exciting, and it’s boring to play against anyway.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Well every sport requires consistancy. So the introduction of new weapons does nothing to help the sport grow. Games do not need to change in terms of the basic gameplay to have inivation. Look at chess, a game that has been going hundreds of years. People still play it and still come up with new strats. The skill ceiling has increased. Your argument goes against the facts, you can look at CC:S or CC:1.6, SC2, Quake. None of these games needed more items to change the meta-game. It evolves naturally. We did consider unlocks. We played with them until Season 10. Unlocks can be upgrades, so everyone uses them and therefore just replace other items, thus not increase variety. Underpowered, so no one uses them, so still add nothing. Lower skill ceiling while still being not too OP, equaliser/bonk/CnD. There are a few sidegrades, but they are not worth slogging through the mass of unlocks not needed. At the end of the day working on strats with the core fundementals provides better gameplay. We are forced to come up with new strats and spots instead of playing a guessing game with unlocks.

That is from SPUF, I have a lot of time, I can literally direct you to walls of text by me on this subject.

P.S

DA is OP as you can use it to run Heavy on mids.

Last edited by CrashSite,

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from Selek

I’ll give you the Wrangler and maybe the Sandman, to name a few. I don’t know about the Gunslinger, but if you say so, ok. But I don’t get why weapons like Degreaser, Flare Gun, Dead Ringer, Ambassador, Direct Hit, Original, Disciplinary Action – only naming a few – are not allowed. They allow different playstyles, reward skill or buff classes that are not as useful in many situations.

I don’t have much experience in 6v6. Still, I haven’t seen many other arguments apart from “it’supposed to be this way, because it was this way before”

It reminds me a bit of “Stop having fun guys” http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StopHavingFunGuys. But then again, I don’t know much about the reasoning behind it. So please do enlighten me :-)

The basic reason behind all this, believe or not, is that people couldn’t be arsed with what they called the random factor added into the game by all the new weapons. Some were saying it was hard to keep track of allowed/disallowed unlocks, so it was easier to just ban them all.

Dr Icecream

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/atp88/oh-look-its-this-thread-again.jpg

Dummy

Quoted from Dr Icecream

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/atp88/oh-look-its-this-thread-again.jpg

success! ive been here long enough to see a repost of a repost of a thread

Dr Icecream

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
success! ive been here long enough to see a repost of a repost of a thread

This is a sad day

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from freshmeatt

[…]

The basic reason behind all this, believe or not, is that people couldn’t be arsed with what they called the random factor added into the game by all the new weapons. Some were saying it was hard to keep track of allowed/disallowed unlocks, so it was easier to just ban them all.

This, imo. If you want fair competition based on skill/teamplay, you need not a huge diversity of weapon choices. Random crits and damage spread are disabled for the very same reason.

inb4 continuity quote

Selek

Dr. med.

I guess I’ll have to wrap my mind around the fact that 6v6 is about playing a reduced version of TF2. I can somehow understand it, because I played CS b7-1.6 somewhat successfully. In the end, everyone used only a small variety of weapons and the rest could have been in the game or not, it didn’t matter.

Well, thanks for the answers :)

Dummy

Quoted from Selek

I guess I’ll have to wrap my mind around the fact that 6v6 is about playing a reduced version of TF2. I can somehow understand it, because I played CS b7-1.6 somewhat successfully. In the end, everyone used only a small variety of weapons and the rest could have been in the game or not, it didn’t matter.

Well, thanks for the answers :)

think of it as cancer free, not ‘reduced’ :D!

SgtGala-vine

WUHOTF

i think people who do get the chance to play engineer in 6v6 are affraid to just use lvl 1 sentrys,, think about it, its “quicker” you can carrry it, you can repair it!

scouts mainly are the target for this tactic!. i’d recommend this tactic to anyone about to play engineer in 6v6 in vanilla format it works a treat!.

it just annoys me that engineers and other classes are looked down opon in 6v6 competitve play.

for those people who said adding the gunslinger does’nt change or help anything, how does adding more danger make it more boring?.
now at least i didn’t ask for the pomson 6000 to be unlocked! lol! the outrage thats going on with that weapon atm

Last edited by SgtGala-vine,

Turbo

-ƒ$-BLAH
sniper

Quoted from Tommeh

[…]

Continoobity (<3) is the reason I changed my mind regarding the whole we-must-vanilla thing.
I'll happily sound like a retard and shout "medlocks" in unison with dunc.

lolteens

I bet you fucking had that bookmarked just for this moment tommeh you kanker.

Last edited by Turbo,

Skully

oh fuck, the myans were right, 2012 is the end of the world [of ETF2L]…..the inmates want their unlocks back in 6v6!!! We’re doooommmmmedddddd

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Quoted from SgtGala-vine

think about it, its “quicker” you can carrry it, you can repair it!

It’s not quicker, in any way and you can carry the mini sentry, please stop dribbling.

Please not more unlocks discussion, old argument that is done and dusted…

Please.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »