Forum

Points from ETF2L games; A suggestion

Created 18th October 2011 @ 11:12

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5

RaCio

GoT²

Quoted from Califax

Wouldnt it be a better system to adapt the football system entirely?

A loss is a loss, so points remain points, but give every team a overall RoundRatio for the season…
+1 on the ratio for every cap won.
-1 on the ratio for every cap lost.
Making the RR the distinction between teams that are equal on points.

So losing a game 5-4 5-4 will still give you 0 points, but will only affect your RR with -2, instead of -10 if you lost it 5-0 5-0.

That way, points would still be the deciding factor of the div rank, but if teams are equal on points, the RR will decide who takes the top spot.

Prem example

Example of random div with about 50% of total matches played

This way, we can also skip the first week of playoffs, where normally only teams equal on points play to decide their div rank, making that one game in that one week count for their entire season, instead of making every game they played in the entire season count in that scoring, which this RR system will do.

This is surely an interesting statistic. It’s a bit different from what the OP suggested as it doesn’t affect points, so it would mainly be usefull for tiebreakers or as a nice statistic.

Dummy

Quoted from RaCio

[…]
This is surely an interesting statistic. It’s a bit different from what the OP suggested as it doesn’t affect points, so it would mainly be usefull for tiebreakers or as a nice statistic.

ayeaye is nice
I suppose its rather impossible to pass my idea off as reasonable as the majority prefer the a win is a win, a loss is a loss approach

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
ayeaye is nice
I suppose its rather impossible to pass my idea off as reasonable as the majority prefer the a win is a win, a loss is a loss approach

told you so :D

hans

Quoted from Califax

Wouldnt it be a better system to adapt the football system entirely?
(…)
This way, we can also skip the first week of playoffs, where normally only teams equal on points play to decide their div rank, making that one game in that one week count for their entire season, instead of making every game they played in the entire season count in that scoring, which this RR system will do.

+1, sounds like a really good idea

Adel

Üb

Have to say (in support of many previous posts): a win is a win. Doesn’t matter if it was a crazy-close game where you pulled a 5-4 win out in the closing seconds – the better team won, and needs to have full points relative to the rest of the group for it.

Quite apart from the lameness of claiming a win in a close match (which is always more fun than a steamroll) not netting you max points, doing it a different way could also tend to encourage camping and slower games – atm if you’re 3-4 down you have nothing to lose, but with points for round wins or similar you’d be encouraged to camp and try to hold on to what you have, rather than pushing for an outright win, which could be a shame.

Last edited by Adel,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5