Forum

[HL S1] Rules Feedback

Created 15th October 2011 @ 13:52

Add A Reply Pages: 1

ashkan

– This is the place to give the admins feedback regarding the Highlander rules found here: http://etf2l.org/rules/highlander-rules/
– The thread will be closely moderated and punishments given out relatively easily. Keep it civil.

infinite12

Hi – I am US based and played in this tournament last season. We all had a great time and look forward to playing again.

I had one suggestion relating to making US vs EURO games a bit fairer this time around. Last season our team made it to the final 16 or something and played our first EURO team. We understand that we need to accommodate euro’s on play time and server but the team we played last time decided to use a server in east bumfuck finland instead of something a little closer to the US in England or Ireland. This resulted in all the euros having sub 40 ping and all of us having around 200. If we had played on a England based server we would have had 100-120 ping – much more playable. The team we played against had ZERO desire to accommodate us on this. They seemed to enjoy their ping advantage in spite of us.

Is there any way you could make a rule when US and EURO teams meet they have to play on a server in England/Ireland? What would be even fairer is force the EURO teams to play one round on a New York based server and the rest on EURO. Try and split the ping disadvantage evenly?

INF

Beef

Dawson

Thanks for your feedback infinite. We are currently discussing how we will handle US teams.

While your idea of having 1 map on each continent sounds good in theory. A lot of time goes lost switching servers. Furthermore we are still a European league so we can’t really force European teams to play on another continent.

We are working on a solution that hopefully everyone can agree on though.

infinite12

Great – thanks for the response.

Like I said above I completely understand that ETF2L is a Europe based league and that forcing EURO teams to play on US servers would probably receive a lot of backlash.

If you want the fairest possible competition between US vs EURO teams you should definitely allow one round per continent (New york only, England only). That would be the FAIREST scenario.

That will probably not happen, so the next fairest thing would be to restrict server locations for US vs EURO matches. US teams are already super handicapped by playing across the atlantic, so forcing them to play on a finland or russian server would make it so much worse. Having a few servers set aside in England or Ireland would be good common ground between the two suggestions I think.

Anyways, thanks for the response I appreciate any help you can give.

INF

RaCio

GoT²

You can request a Amsterdam server to play on if you can’t find an agreement with the other team :)

infinite12

I would rather request something else from Amsterdam than a server =]

HelenAngel

D9

Just wanted to double-check that unusual hats (that are NOT the ones disallowed) & strange weapons are allowed. It says “all unlockables” but just wanted to be absolutely sure. We have some unusual teammates with unusual hats. =D

Ghostface

spire

They are since the spy bug got fixed.

ashkan

Unusual hats and strange weapons are indeed allowed.

Add A Reply Pages: 1