Forum

[HL S1] Unlock Rules Feedback

Created 15th October 2011 @ 13:45

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 8 Next »

Dummy

Quoted from Jazz

[…]

Wrangler doesn’t need to be banned. It gives the engie a chance when being attacked. Requires some skill to use that wrangler.

I do still agree with the reserve shooter. Just seems too powerful for its own good and can chop down a heavy way to easily and I still think its op.

how could it possibly be useful vs a heavy xD
also wrangler needs no skill if you need to try while using it, sucks to be you. OP piece of shit which needs to be banned, engie already has a big enough chance if he has a pyro to protect his sg and a wrench to hit the damn thing

Jazz

ScS|
(Q)<

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
how could it possibly be useful vs a heavy xD
also wrangler needs no skill if you need to try while using it, sucks to be you. OP piece of shit which needs to be banned, engie already has a big enough chance if he has a pyro to protect his sg and a wrench to hit the damn thing

Blast a heavy in the air and mini crit upon him. hit him with two shots say will make him like half – 75% of his health.

Can i ask how much highlander you have played, just wondering?

Because I must admit in the times ive played highlander(in pcw’s, and UGC league matches) i really don’t fine the wrangler a problem. The wrangler is very situation orientated and well engies normally just rely on the sentry to do its own thing. No problems with not having it banned.

Wizin

Leave all weapons unbanned, it will be normal tournament with ANY weapons

Dummy

Quoted from Jazz

[…]

Blast a heavy in the air and mini crit upon him. hit him with two shots say will make him like half – 75% of his health.

Can i ask how much highlander you have played, just wondering?

Because I must admit in the times ive played highlander(in pcw’s, and UGC league matches) i really don’t fine the wrangler a problem. The wrangler is very situation orientated and well engies normally just rely on the sentry to do its own thing. No problems with not having it banned.

you mustve played vs some seriously incompetent heavies if they allowed you to get close enough to them to bounce them and get 2 strong shotty shots on ’em without killing you xD

Dummy

Quoted from Wizin

Leave all weapons unbanned, it will be normal tournament with ANY weapons

care to expand on this? nice to have different opinions but at least provide reasoning for it, otherwise its pointless

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

Quite a few weapons are completely OP IMO, however I think you should just allow all unlocks up until the league was announced. If anything, it will help in justifying why certain weapons should be restricted in future seasons or highlander events. Most of the highlander PCWs and matches I’ve played have never really involved situations where one particular weapon has changed the game. Usually it comes down to the inability of adapting your teamplay to overcome such obstacles.

Last edited by Russian Guyovich,

Jazz

ScS|
(Q)<

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
you mustve played vs some seriously incompetent heavies if they allowed you to get close enough to them to bounce them and get 2 strong shotty shots on ’em without killing you xD

It was more a statement rather than an example.

Beef

Dawson

The wrangler has become a part of highlander for anyone that’s played in a highlander league or cup in the last year. It can be countered by teamplay, not by a one man army. Frankly asking to ban it at this point would be similar to banning the stickylauncher from 6v6.

ashkan

Quoted from Beef

The wrangler has become a part of highlander for anyone that’s played in a highlander league or cup in the last year. It can be countered by teamplay, not by a one man army. Frankly asking to ban it at this point would be similar to banning the stickylauncher from 6v6.

I should point out that the Americans might not be as used to it, at least due to the CommFT tournament where the Wrangler was banned in NA but not in EU (if I’m not mistaken). Still, you are correct. It is not banned in the UGC either.

Dummy

Quoted from Jazz

[…]

It was more a statement rather than an example.

…so?
it was an example, not a statement, so dont try to worm your way out of this – explain or admit defeat weakling

Jazz

ScS|
(Q)<

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
…so?
it was an example, not a statement, so dont try to worm your way out of this – explain or admit defeat weakling

I’m not saying ive been playing against crap heavies, but say you push a heavy off a cliff you can crit on him and it’ll be hard for him to do anything. In general whilst being bounced it could be hard to shoot the pyro. You come behind the heavy blast him away/up and crit on him. You don’t have to assume that the heavy is facing you and shooting directly at you. You have an uber and bounce the heavy is another example.

Or take another example of a scout double jumping. He double jumps and then you crit onto him and kill him in two.

MrLate;

Wrangler is fine, with some teamwork it is not too hard to destroy the wrangeled sentry. For example, sniper or spy can kill the engi and others destroy the sentry.

FAINTAYDAYDAYDAYDAYD

Quoted from MrLate;

Wrangler is fine, with some teamwork it is not too hard to destroy the wrangeled sentry. For example, sniper or spy can kill the engi and others destroy the sentry.

depends if their team has a retarded pyro or not. That shit is OP

Speaking as an engineer main, the wrangler should be banned, with reason.

The biggest problem with it is the aim assist and zero damage fall off. The wrangler is way too good about tracking targets at long distances and it honestly has aim assist. It wouldn’t be so bad if they simply added normal weapon damage fall off to sentry bullets, but since a level 3 does full damage at range, AND it assists your aim, it should really be disallowed.

Swedish Santa

I stand strong and decided on my statement I made earlier.

Highlander is more slow-paced game than 6v6, and I like that. The thing is that it takes a whole team to take down a wrangled sentry. And that takes a real long time and slows the game into a boring pace.

Note that I began playing Highlander more than a year ago and I think I have a fair picture of how it works. To begin with, the engineer gets an ability to protect his sentry against heavy fire but at the same time, it gives him an ability to snipe enemies from far. At the same time, he is more exposed to all other classes, specially the sniper.

There are some not-so-rare situations in which the sniper can’t reach the engineer from any angle and as soon as you get around the corner, there is an angry engineer pointing his sentry at the choke point. Spies can’t get near because of defending pyro and anything that jumps at the sentry will get neutralized. If you have to take down the sentry, you need to pop an uber, focus first on the pyro so he doesn’t airblast you and if there is time enough on the uber, proceed on focusing the engineer and hope that someone else takes the sentry down when the combo/core/triangle dies. The one tactic for this situation is right after the pyro is killed during the uber-push, is that the spy that is from a reach distance to the sentry, stab the engineer (which is distracted wrangling the core/combo/triangle) and saps the sentry.

But who has the gamesense to understand this? Even though you manage to do this, doing this tactic must be prepared for at least 1 minute and for only 8 seconds take down that nasty wrangled defence. And on the way you are doing this, the attacking combo is going down almost for sure. So this is a very expensive and timetaking move.

This is based on my own experienced observations playing PCW during the year (no lobby highlander experience)

I hope that I made myself clear and I gave you a reason to at least considering banning this unlock-able. Discuss with other co-workers, “prem” highlander teams, TF2 livecasters, etc. I am pretty sure I am not alone on this statement.

I wish you all best of luck on Highlander ;)

GL;HF, gg, etc.

I am done here.

Last edited by Swedish Santa,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 8 Next »