Forum

[S10] Provisional Divisions Feedback Thread!

Created 14th September 2011 @ 12:28

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 14 Next »

Crasp

(Legend)
BACΩN |
бекон

One thing to consider is the playoffs, especially for Division 3. If any more than first place are promoted we’d have to relegate almost half of Division 2, so it’s going to be a hard fight for a guaranteed promotion spot in S11.

WildEast

.:EnG!:.
<3

Quoted from Crasp

One thing to consider is the playoffs, especially for Division 3. If any more than first place are promoted we’d have to relegate almost half of Division 2, so it’s going to be a hard fight for a guaranteed promotion spot in S11.

Why?
There seem to be 24 teams at div2(3 groups), 40 teams in div3(5 groups). If two gets promoted from each div3 group(10 teams), and normally the last 3 teams in each division goes backward regardless of that division(9 teams), then its 10 in 9 out. Ofc a team or two at least are going to drop thats where you get the last 1 in.

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from WildEast

[…]

Why?
There seem to be 24 teams at div2(3 groups), 40 teams in div3(5 groups). If two gets promoted from each div3 group(10 teams), and normally the last 3 teams in each division goes backward regardless of that division(9 teams), then its 10 in 9 out. Ofc a team or two at least are going to drop thats where you get the last 1 in.

When a team drops it takes up a relegation spot afaik, so you don’t get an extra vacant spot from dropped teams.

torden

broder
syster

Needs playoff between crack clan, ckras, yoyotech and equilibrium. There is enough time.

CommanderX

(ETF2L Donator)
TEZC

Quoted from torden

Needs playoff between crack clan, ckras, yoyotech and equilibrium. There is enough time.

This sounds like a good idea on many levels

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

I don’t want to step on anyone’s toes, but fuck last season.

The season was a sham, any promotions earned don’t hold much weight with me.

Especially when it comes to the top divisions, I want to see the best teams for the job.

This a great opportunity for a reboot, and let anyone who disputes it playoff for the right to compete!

grimbar

Quoted from WildEast

[…]

Why?

Well right now it’s 6 div3 groups, so there. And having the last 3 fight for relegation would be an increase in volatility well beyond that of S9/8, not accounting for drops.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Admirable

I don’t want to step on anyone’s toes, but fuck last season.

The season was a sham, any promotions earned don’t hold much weight with me.

Especially when it comes to the top divisions, I want to see the best teams for the job.

This a great opportunity for a reboot, and let anyone who disputes it playoff for the right to compete!

So we shouldn’t reward teams that signed up last season?

grimbar

Regarding a ruling on promotion.

As it stands there is no word about any official rule on promotion.

I propose to not guarantee any promotion into premiership division. As it stands we have 2 groups for div1 – make the winners compete for the spot.

It allows for less volatility and for a potentially great match – and it’d bring the ratio a bit in line with the german bundesliga where only roughly 10% of the teams get a chance to promote (and relegate).

The issue with this is quite obviously the uneven numbers of groups further down the line (looking at div2 here) – however I haven’t accounted for droprate (too lazy).

Turning premiership into what it should be however seems to be a good idea.

I also propose not to guarantee any promotion ever – turn on more relegation matches.

In other games where you’re about to change skill bracket there’ll be matches to check if you’re able to do that as well.

Just because you beat everyone in your respective group doesn’t mean that you should promote.

Just because you lost to everyone in your respective group it doesn’t mean that you should get demoted.

Relegation is the new black, also last from prem against first from div1 playoffs could be a really nice event (get dem sponsors in)

Rant out

Slick

Epsilon

Didn’t read previous comments, but from what i see of the Provisional divisions is that one thing is for certain : S9 must be ignored concerning Promotions. It is bad for both the stronger teams and the weaker teams to find themselves in the wrong division.

I totally agree, we should screw the twats that didn’t abandon ship, buckled down and actually STAYED in this league. If we do this, as a bonus, we will completely disregard every notion of stability, favoring all the whining cunts that have never been in a team for longer then 3 months. I mean, why the hell should leaving the league for a season have any consequences at all?

WildEast

.:EnG!:.
<3

Quoted from skeej

[…]

When a team drops it takes up a relegation spot afaik, so you don’t get an extra vacant spot from dropped teams.

Teams drop even after the season.

Quoted from grimbar

[…]

Well right now it’s 6 div3 groups, so there. And having the last 3 fight for relegation would be an increase in volatility well beyond that of S9/8, not accounting for drops.

40 Teams and 8 per group = 5 groups. And since Season6(where I started playing in ETF2L) till now the last 3 in every group were delegated so what makes it different now?

CommanderX

(ETF2L Donator)
TEZC

Quoted from Rudi

I totally agree, we should screw the twats that didn’t abandon ship, buckled down and actually STAYED in this league. If we do this, as a bonus, we will completely disregard every notion of stability, favoring all the whining cunts that have never been in a team for longer then 3 months. I mean, why the hell should leaving the league for a season have any consequences at all?

So we’re now blaming the teams for last season? :D

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

Quoted from Rudi

Amen!

Tornf4lk

cc//

Quoted from CommanderX

[…]

So we’re now blaming the teams for last season? :D

ummm yeah. why do you find that weird?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 14 Next »