Forum

[S10] Provisional Divisions Feedback Thread!

Created 14th September 2011 @ 12:28

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 14 Next »

Dummy

the only real big issue is tviq not in prem, though – to be fair – every single team in prem deserves to be there just as much as YYT so i guess its just tough luck for them

Quoted from payard

[…] Even if the last season was lower skilled, blast is stable team for more than a year and we didn’t loose even a map last season. So i believe that we deserve our slot, if you ignore last seasons or stable teams, what’s the point to play this league, to level up if you don’t get any reward for that.[…]

+1

season-9-div2-skilled = season-10-div3-skilled
and
when there is no point in winning a division or not, the motivation to have a stable team will decrease

The divisions looks nice, apart from knockout that have been mentioned.
The fact that some people are discussing demoting teams that have earned their promotion is so fucking retarded.

Reward stability and let new teams prove themselves both in terms of stability and results. Even if it takes an extra season.

Vali

-9w-

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/5642/tournie.jpg

Lets go.

droso

o/

Actually, after giving it more thought, i think you shouldn’t reduce the division’s size.

No matter what decision you take, either not taking s9 results into account or seeding newer teams in div 2, this won’t be fair.
I guess it will just be easier and more fair to keep 16 teams in division 1.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Martn

Prem needs 9th slot, YoYoTech deserves it!
No other remarks to be made than that!

This :)

xzr

09:36:15 + xzr : loldivs
09:36:24 + xzr : y u so many d1 teams
09:36:46 + xzr : prolly half of em are d2 at best
09:37:04 + xzr : kinda defeats the purpose of the prem/d1 system

MR JOHNSON

(^-^)v

Quoted from droso

Actually, after giving it more thought, i think you shouldn’t reduce the division’s size.

No matter what decision you take, either not taking s9 results into account or seeding newer teams in div 2, this won’t be fair.
I guess it will just be easier and more fair to keep 16 teams in division 1.

It is a troublesome decision no doubt, and as you say, the solution with least friction might well be 2xd1.

That said, etf2l will have to deal with this kind of problems again, and putting the tools in place now to deal with them later is something that etf2l should strongly consider. But it feels that in the future the league will need to be flexible enough to change format depending on participants and circumstances. Just make sure it is not done with retroactive rule changes.

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Quoted from xzr

09:36:15 + xzr : loldivs
09:36:24 + xzr : y u so many d1 teams
09:36:46 + xzr : prolly half of em are d2 at best
09:37:04 + xzr : kinda defeats the purpose of the prem/d1 system

+100

IPZIE

SUAVE

let´s play tf2.

Origo

Just make division 1 + prem like the others seasons.

10 teams in each and go.

Ghostface

spire

Why don’t we leave most of the things like they are right now and see who can put their money where their mouth is. I see you all complaining that you got robbed or some shit, but most of you are part of new/reform teams.

C u @ tf2

M0re

just rename the divs. prem as div1 etc and go back to old system no need for prem with current div setups :)

payard

mLm

by the way, i want my poster! :o)

ashkan

Stop spamming the thread with nonsense, please.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 14 Next »