Forum

[S10] Provisional Divisions Feedback Thread!

Created 14th September 2011 @ 12:28

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 14 Next »

MR JOHNSON

(^-^)v

Whatever happens with regards to size, I think that the current format will bring a good season about. A playoff might be needed to fix the promotion but shouldn’t be impossible to sort and provide some good games. Although if you go down the 8teams d1 route, 16 teams d2 route you will have to screw the promotions from last season and just get everything together. I’m not sure which alternative is the best there are merits to both.

However if I were etf2l I would, right now, define if winning a division is a automatic promotion, or just a very strong indication. Regardless of how this season pans out, it would be nice to have that sorted for the next season. By saying – “nothing is guaranteed”; you will give yourselves more flexibility in changing the league and moving teams in the future. By saying – “it is set in stone”; it will be a good incentive, and a prize, if you will.

However, somehow it seems unfair to now say that teams promoted from s9 should not automatically get the promotion, it was promised to them, regardless of the turnout. It would be easy to question what etf2l’s “word” is worth for such a move. Optimal would be to get consent of the promoted teams.

Now in my first paragraph I know I said it was a possible solution, but you will have to deal with the heat if you do so. The worst possible solution in my eyes would be 8 teams d1, then a bigger d2 (i e more than 2 divisions).

I also agree with fish in that if you reduce d1 you have to reduce d2. At least with the current composition of teams playing in the league. If you go for a competitive d1 you will have to have an equally competitive d2 to actually produce worthwhile teams for d1. If half of your officials, or more, are easy wins in d2 that really wont help the quality in the long run. And certainly not groom the d2 winners for a competitive d1.

payard

mLm

Droso refuses to play even a pcw versus blast, so we can’t prove who deserves the most the slot in div one. Even if the last season was lower skilled, blast is stable team for more than a year and we didn’t loose even a map last season. So i believe that we deserve our slot, if you ignore last seasons or stable teams, what’s the point to play this league, to level up if you don’t get any reward for that.

Droso is known in france to be a whiner, on french’s forum he said he was impatient to play against blast, but on etf2l’s one he want us to be kicked out of this division, and as i said he refuses to play versus my team. nice guy, really….

Snyyppis

RLM

Quoted from skeej

Not a good idea imo. What if that many teams drop (which btw has not happened in any div apart from premier in S9, remember 60% is 6 teams) but other teams DID play them and won vs them before they dropped? Does that not account for anything? It could even encourage teams that are doing badly to drop so that there is a larger chance of a div reset for the next season, which would be in their favor.

I threw that number off the top of my head, it was only meant to highlight my opinion that season 9 promotions shouldn’t be taken as granted, especially since it has been so long. If a team is really worthy of that promotion then sure, let them have it, but not questioning _any_ of last seasons promotions would be idiotic.

I can’t help but feel that some people want two division 1s just for the sake of getting to be in div1 (I know I would, had we been placed in div1). ;)

naMu

LAITON
KUKKO!

Common sense, you whiners are lacking it.

Playoffs between top teams with the carrot of promotion in next season.
Problem solved.

this is my super power.

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

Quoted from droso

[…]

Firstly, <3

Secondly, if divs were to be reduced, would that be fair to keep the weakest teams in div1 (because they earned it by promotion several months ago) and send newer but much stronger teams (like cc//, pentia or eternity as Canfo suggested) in div2?
I don't think so.

I do think so, they earned those spots by doing good in Season 9.
Declining Teams that won direct promotion would be lamest thing imho, unless the Teams in question say themselves that they dont want the spot.

Thats just how Leagues work.

If it was up to me, I’d have Prem as Invite only and a single Div1 could only be reached by Promotion, so every newly formed team would have to start in div2 but i guess thats easier said than done.

I’m wondering why the team “banana” are in every division…

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from slate

[…]

If it was up to me, I’d have Prem as Invite only and a single Div1 could only be reached by Promotion, so every newly formed team would have to start in div2 but i guess thats easier said than done.

So infused and the new old whatever diggy should shit all over div1 first?

MR JOHNSON

(^-^)v

Quoted from slate

[…]

I do think so, they earned those spots by doing good in Season 9.
Declining Teams that won direct promotion would be lamest thing imho, unless the Teams in question say themselves that they dont want the spot.

Thats just how Leagues work.

I’m all for making prem the equivalent of invite more so than it already is. But promote only to d1 might be a bit problematic, with the current extended periods of non-league play; I think teams will improve faster than they have the chance to “climb” the ladder. However a promote only option would be good for stability which in itself could be worth more.

MR JOHNSON

(^-^)v

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

I think he meant that prem (invite) would be just that, you invite the suitable teams, regardless of previous experience – or I might’ve intepreted him wrong.

Then to be d1 you would have to be promoted from d2 not placed, that is how I interpreted it.

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

no, they would be invited to prem in that scenario.

Martn

Prem needs 9th slot, YoYoTech deserves it!
No other remarks to be made then that!

evokje

WiK?

Quoted from Martn

Prem needs 9th slot, YoYoTech deserves it!

This :))

coold1

Quoted from Snyyppis

[…]

I threw that number off the top of my head, it was only meant to highlight my opinion that season 9 promotions shouldn’t be taken as granted, especially since it has been so long. If a team is really worthy of that promotion then sure, let them have it, but not questioning _any_ of last seasons promotions would be idiotic.

I can’t help but feel that some people want two division 1s just for the sake of getting to be in div1 (I know I would, had we been placed in div1). ;)

At the moment division 1 consist almost from equal skilled teams ( maybe few of them stand out more than others and if it will stay the season will be competitive as never), so why putting 8 teams in div 2 and making div 1 and 2 skill difference more confusing. At the moment most teams in div 1 can beat most teams in div 2 (always with exceptions tho), and the point that older stable teams get promotion over new teams that are maybe(!) a bit stronger is fair thing. Just look at previous season div 1.

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

Quoted from MR JOHNSON

[…]

I think he meant that prem (invite) would be just that, you invite the suitable teams, regardless of previous experience – or I might’ve intepreted him wrong.

Then to be d1 you would have to be promoted from d2 not placed, that is how I interpreted it.

that’s exactly how i meant it, but as i said probably easier said than done, but that would force team to at least complete a season before they play div1.

Snyyppis

RLM

Quoted from naMu

Common sense, you whiners are lacking it.

Playoffs between top teams with the carrot of promotion in next season.
Problem solved.

this is my super power.

This format with playoffs for promotion would work well, I agree. All I want is a more competitive div1&2, after all being promoted to div1 of 8 and div2 of 16 would be a better carrot than that of 16 and 24 don’t you think?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 14 Next »