Forum

[S10] Provisional Divisions Feedback Thread!

Created 14th September 2011 @ 12:28

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 14 Next »

droso

o/

Quoted from CanFo

Keep it coming!
If we dropped 8 teams we would have to keep some presumely weaker teams and drop presumely better teams (e.g. two of either Crack Clan, Eternity, idk? or NORDIC). However, we are as well thinking of a full reset and not considering last season’s results at all. I would like to get some opinions on this, especially from affected teams.

Wait, would you drop two of these teams to keep MIPC and BLAST in div1?
rofl.

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Being one of the teams that got their spot through promotion, divs seem fine to me. Only yyt, and maybe beatmycheat, idk? and cc// (haven’t seen cc// play yet) stand out as easy contenders for the top3 spot.

The rest of the names in div1 that “seem” big are recently formed and unproven. Making div1 a singular div again would leave the div1 with mostly newformed teams who don’t have proven stability, which is not healthy for the divs.

There’s always bound to be some imbalance in seperating the divs. Teams like dc. and AoS from div2 are good contenders (and probably the only truly good contenders in div2 as far as I can see, no offence) against my own team, but then again, on the other side we can pack a good punch against last season’s div1 winners equilibrium. This just illustrates that you can never get placement down 100%

tl;dr divs are fine.

Quoted from droso

[…]

Wait, would you drop two of these two teams to keep MIPC and BLAST in div1?
rofl.

MIPC and BLAST won direct promotion to Division 1. Hence why they should stay in Div1.

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Everyone in div3 seem like they should be there.

With exception to BblMneJl, Team Insolence, knock0ut and FAP.

droso

o/

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

MIPC and BLAST won direct promotion to Division 1. Hence why they should stay in Div1.

They won promotion like 4/5 months ago. It means bullshit now.

(and the season was meaningless as best teams didn’t sign up to etf2l)

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from droso

[…]

Wait, would you drop two of these two teams to keep MIPC and BLAST in div1?
rofl.

Read my post again. I would not want to but we had to because they played there in the last season / got promoted from division 2 (unless we decided to ignore the last season because the general skill level was way lower)

davesan

epx^
Panda

add an invite division for the top tier teams, then prem, div1, div2 etc as usual

droso

o/

Quoted from CanFo

[…]
(unless we decided to ignore the last season because the general skill level was way lower)

That is exactly what you should do in my opinion.

Season 9 results mean fuck all (as you said, the general skill level was lower and it was several months ago).

Make new teams start in div 6.

WildEast

.:EnG!:.
<3

Quoted from davesan

add an invite division for the top tier teams, then prem, div1, div2 etc as usual

Please no.
The skill gap between teams in one of the higher divisions is already minimal.

lolage

TSPAG

I don’t understand why old diggy are still playing with pretty much their old line up, but they lost the Dignitas mgo? Did they fold, then reform or what?

Nice work though admins, much appriciated!

Snyyppis

RLM

Reducing div1 and div2 size will make them incredibly competitive and will balance out the skill levels in the long run.

Also, it should be a rule that if something like >60% of your division drops then promotion will not be 100% certain. So yes, I think a full reset after s9 is needed in order to get the most accurate seedings…

naMu

LAITON
KUKKO!

Reducing division 1 to only 8 teams would make it competitive as hell, even more so than prem. I like what you did here and put there 16 right teams and still kept the standard really high. Just make sure that you make the top2-3 teams from each division to fight it out in playoff’s on considering promotions and the problem is solved. This way there is no need for reduction of one div. The skill difference between most div1 teams compared to div2 teams in my eyes is so high that sending 8 teams from div1 back to div2 would make just more frustration than this beast what you guys have created now.

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

+1 to naMu, there would be more problems concerning skill divide if things were stirred up, than that there are now.

Quoted from droso

[…]

That is exactly what you should do in my opinion.

Season 9 results mean fuck all (as you said, the general skill level was lower and it was several months ago).

No offense droso but you guys are yet another one of those newly formed teams; who knows what you will do during or after S10? Not that I have any personal doubts about your team. I wish you the best of luck and would love to see this idk? black stand strong for mutiple seasons! <3 I'm just extrapolating from what one usually sees happening with the newly formed TF2 teams around div2-1.

Quoted from Snyyppis

Also, it should be a rule that if something like >60% of your division drops then promotion will not be 100% certain. So yes, I think a full reset after s9 is needed in order to get the most accurate seedings…

Not a good idea imo. What if that many teams drop (which btw has not happened in any div apart from premier in S9, remember 60% is 6 teams) but other teams DID play them and won vs them before they dropped? Does that not account for anything? It could even encourage teams that are doing badly to drop so that there is a larger chance of a div reset for the next season, which would be in their favor.

droso

o/

Quoted from skeej

No offense droso but you guys are yet another one of those newly formed teams; who knows what you will do during or after S10? Not that I have any personal doubts about your team. I wish you the best of luck and would love to see this idk? black stand strong for mutiple seasons! <3 I'm just extrapolating from what one usually sees happening with the newly formed TF2 teams around div2-1.

Firstly, <3

Secondly, if divs were to be reduced, would that be fair to keep the weakest teams in div1 (because they earned it by promotion several months ago) and send newer but much stronger teams (like cc//, pentia or eternity as Canfo suggested) in div2?
I don't think so.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 14 Next »