Forum

New Ads Feedback Thread!

Created 13th September 2011 @ 22:53

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

GangsterAlgot

If you invite us to discuss if we like the ad or not you’ll have to provide us with some more info on why it’s there. Do you need the money, are you forced from multiplay or what?

If you just ask us (at least me) to choose between ad or no ad I can safely say that you’ll get a “NO AD PLZ” answer.

Ripple

Quoted from GangsterAlgot

If you invite us to discuss if we like the ad or not you’ll have to provide us with some more info on why it’s there. Do you need the money, are you forced from multiplay or what?

If you just ask us (at least me) to choose between ad or no ad I can safely say that you’ll get a “NO AD PLZ” answer.

NO AD PLZ

Netsky

np here, ad-blocker takes care of it ^_^

torden

broder
syster

rofl.

dougiie

CotC

Quoted from Netsky

np here, ad-blocker takes care of it ^_^

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

Yes. Who’s pocket is it going into?

SNOWIE IS LINING HIS OWN POCKETS GUYS, HE TOLD ME SO LAST NIGHT.

Just as a side note: Anyone ever wonder where the prize money we once had for a season came from? (sidenote, quote from the newspost for season 8 “We’re delighted to be able to announce that the total prize pool value for Season 8 will be over €3,000, with both cash and hardware up for grabs! Once again, the Season will be supported by our partners SteelSeries, who will be providing us with some more of their fantastic hardware.”)

Stop your stupid conspiracy theories and imagine the time and effort and money that goes in to running etf2l and think of how much you have donated to the cause. (Most of you have probably donated nothing except playing your games, like me.)

ashkan

Quoted from GangsterAlgot

Well, there’s a difference between stating what the downsides are to the ad, and deciding whether or not the ad is worth the expected gain. That all depends on what debts need to be payed, how much money we’d get from the ads, and how the head admins weigh the various factors. I’m pretty sure admins have spent a few thousand euros in total out of their own pockets, but last I heard, the money will go to future prize pots. I’ll let the head admins decide and confirm that though.

Phoenix

-9m-
-9m-

This seems to have generated a large response from other community members so I decided to use a different browser without an adblocker to see what all the fuss was about.

In all honesty, adverts are part and parcel of daily life on tv, radio, billboards, train stations, bus stops etc etc etc i.e. essentially everywhere. There is no need to get upset about minor changes to a website which you might frequent.

If adverts are necessary then at least this could be viewed as progress, in that the website is busy enough to make the use of advertising worthwhile, i.e. there is a vibrant TF2 community. If this gives us more exposure and recognition then it is good.

If after all this you are still sore about some changes to a website you frequent then simply install an adblocker and move along.

Setlet

Why is the “Forum activity” on top of the “Recent results”?

It makes me confused.

Dummy

what ad?
on another note, can we have a provisional divisions feedback thread as moderated as this?

Keyro

Cheater

Must admit this ad is particularly obnoxious :3

Read while something is moving in the right of your screen isn’t cool at all.

ashkan

Quoted from Dummy

on another note, can we have a provisional divisions feedback thread as moderated as this?

Done: http://etf2l.org/forum/league/topic-18356/
Sorry, we were little slow with moving it to the public forum.

sgN^

TKN

Adblock+ :D

Dummy

oh dear god at home now its so fucking obnoxious
delete it, please

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Seems fine to me, I was always surprised (and pleased I’ll admit) that this website didn’t have more advertising, but it’s nothing major.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »