Forum

[S10] Unlocks Feedback Thread!

Created 28th August 2011 @ 15:30

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 15 Next »

AnimaL

Quoted from Cloud

I love how you guys released the info a couple of days ago and then it quickly disappeared

Anyway, nice unlocks, crossbow is slightly random but if people are happy with that, whatever

But, strange weapons, admins, we need a word on this. Ban them because OH MY GOD THE INGAME NOTIFICATIONS JESUS FUCK ? :P

why not? one of arguments of original ban was its sound, so why not ban weapons that distract you all the time?

go play in pubs with them, but in CW they should be banned

ashkan

Quoted from FunnyBunny

What about strange weapons?

Allowed. In-game notifications can be turned off in the settings, although I think that affects trade notifications as well.

Feel free to share your thoughts on strange weapons here if you think it’s a problem.

AnimaL

Quoted from ashkan

[…]

Allowed. In-game notifications can be turned off in the settings, although I think that affects trade notifications as well.

Feel free to share your thoughts on strange weapons here if you think it’s a problem.

really? but rules say “All other non-stock weapons are banned, including the Original.” so… get ur shit straight, banned or not?!?!

Kortz

.:ne:.

If the notifications bother you turn them off then! Who the fuck cares if you have a strange scattergun or whatever… It’s still a stockweapon

Quoted from Thalash

[…]

Dude, the crossbow is absolutely awesome. I’d use that over the Syringe Gun any day :)

True, there is nothing smoother than airshotting your own soli and preventing him from falling to death. (Maybe airshotting enemy soldier and causing him to fall to death :D)

RaCio

GoT²

You can’t ban strange weapons trough the whitelist, and there is no way to see if people have them equipped from a demo.

It’s easier to just turn the notifications off.

To turn them off, go to advanced options and go to the bottom option.

AnimaL

Quoted from RaCio

You can’t ban strange weapons trough the whitelist, and there is no way to see if people have them equipped from a demo.

It’s easier to just turn the notifications off.

To turn them off, go to advanced options and go to the bottom option.

there is also no way to check if whitelist is on or not (as admin after the game) but u still see it in game… so… where is problem?

ashkan

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]really? but rules say “All other non-stock weapons are banned, including the Original.” so… get ur shit straight, banned or not?!?!

One thing is certain: You will be banned if you keep going all crazy on us.

I’m not so sure people in general would consider strange weapons to be non-stock. If you think there are problems with the strange weapons, constructively voice your opinions so we can start discussing them. If notifications are a problem and some people don’t want to turn off trade notifications, we can see what Valve has planned for it. If you think the sounds are a problem, we can ask the same thing.

It’s not easy to ban a quality on a stock item and enforce it, as RaCio stated. Also, I do think a lot of people appreciate the kill counter of the strange weapons, so banning it might not be the most popular choice.

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]there is also no way to check if whitelist is on or not (as admin after the game) but u still see it in game… so… where is problem?

Can’t you check demos to see if banned unlocks were used? Or are you referring to something else that the whitelist is meant to stop?

Moose

[MIPC]

I’m happy with the new rules.

Let me be the first one to say this; welcome to the dark side of the force ETF2L. Soon we’ll all speak Finnish.

AnimaL

im reffering that the argument “you cant check it in game” is invalid, as strange weapon is exactly the same as any other unlock before whitelist was introduced

you can review demos and handle outs wins( or pp’s ) as u do for any other unlock

Forsak3n

S

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]why not? one of arguments of original ban was its sound, so why not ban weapons that distract you all the time?

go play in pubs with them, but in CW they should be banned

this

Ordinator

tuhi

Awesome, so glad to see eq banned, i don’t care about strange weapons, just turn off those notifications, its like whining about banning custom stock weapons lol.

ashkan

Quoted from AnimaL

im reffering that the argument “you cant check it in game” is invalid, as strange weapon is exactly the same as any other unlock before whitelist was introduced

you can review demos and handle outs wins( or pp’s ) as u do for any other unlock

I’m not sure I understand. Who claimed that you can’t check for strange weapons in-game? Can you quote the post for me?

RaCio claimed that you can’t spot strange weapons through demos, if I’m not mistaken. You are saying that this is not the case, and that you can indeed do so?

Azy

[TQ]
NAGIB

Equalizer is banned? Not so good idea.

Aenima

Etf2l is vanilla Finally !!!

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 15 Next »