Forum

R: Ban Holy Mackerel->Spy Disadvantage

Created 4th December 2010 @ 02:19

Locked Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

NoWhereMan

DMS:H

There IS a nasty “bug” in it. If you kill a Disguised Spy and he has the dead ringer u will know it instantly, because there is no FISH KILL in the top corner.
So a Scout who duells some times a spy or check people with fish, has an advantage against a spy.
I don’t want to here ur: It is not very often or not common. It makes me feel more miserable and i hope u will think about it.

If that is fixed put that nasty thing in, but until then pls noo fish thx.

2nuts

Who on earth uses dead ringer in 6v6? I sure haven’t seen a spy use it. BUT that does not mean that no one is using it… Oh well, whine at the steam forums so that valve can read it.

Arcadizz1e

PwR
Pixie <3

no but like seriously?

Vali

-9w-

If a disguised spy picks up a health pack, the + sign appears in the spy team’s colour and not the team he’s diguised as.

Ban health packs.

archy

and when you check him with the fish, he will face stab you.

so everything is fair, isnt it?

Arcadizz1e

PwR
Pixie <3

Quoted from 2nuts

Who on earth uses dead ringer in 6v6? I sure haven’t seen a spy use it. BUT that does not mean that no one is using it… Oh well, whine at the steam forums so that valve can read it.

dead ringer + friendly medic disguise = demos camping forward spawns deciding they’ve done something useful and leaving

dead ringer + friendly demo disguise = pushing through choke points and blowing stickies when you need to push and can’t uber through

tbh i use it effectively quite a lot but still this is retarded

NoWhereMan

DMS:H

Good that i mentioned:
It it is an advantage for scout
But a disadvantage for the spy

And no flame…it is a fact. Soo what i want to tell you is that in 9v9=highlander and in 6v6 there is a possibility to play spy and if fished they can see fake death if that is the will idk.

sajtos

oh … yeah okay.

w1Zz

freakin fish-haters :[

But yes, i’ve noticed this bug while playing highlander games and it’s pretty annoying for a spy. Anyway fish is to awesome and can’t be banned.

Darn

rockit like

Youll know its dead ringer anyways.

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Ban the fish because it’s retarded and makes this game look more like a joke.

ash

(Legend)
:D

Ban pyros, they can ignite spies! Oh, and ban jarate. Did I miss something? Milk?

Warmaster

-[MG]-
HL

Not much point imo.

The deadringer is used (if it’s used at all) as an escape weapon, not to trick the opposing team they killed someone. Well, that’s what I would suspect at least, since there are some ways to check whether the spy is really dead or not.

ashkan

Quoted from Vali

If a disguised spy picks up a health pack, the + sign appears in the spy team’s colour and not the team he’s diguised as.

Ban health packs.

Kind of a bad comparison :P

Quoted from Darn

Youll know its dead ringer anyways.

+1

– Melee hits deal little damage, decreasing the chance of each individual hit being a killing blow.
– The fact that you are running into the opponent means you will in most cases notice him still being there after him feigning death.
– Animations are still different for DR deaths compared to real deats, and most experienced players can almost always tell the difference, albeit not as easy when being that close to the opponent.
– Each weapon banned adds to everyone’s headache and should not be done too lightly.

w1Zz

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

Ban the fish because it’s retarded and makes this game look more like a joke.

TF is a seriouz business lol.

Yes, scout with bat can’t check dr-spies, scout with fish can -> fish has advantage. But this “advantage” isn’t rly serious to ban the weapon. Experienced player can understand that spy is using dr without any fish.

Locked Pages: 1 2 3 Next »