Forum

Team Profiles

Created 2nd November 2010 @ 12:24

Add A Reply Pages: 1

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

I haven’t been around in comp TF2 for very long, so I like to browse around and see which teams won previous divisions and where “top” players have played before.

It is really hard to this though, because teams have been reused with a completly different roster and what not.

So I’ve had the idea, that it would be really neat if you could specify a date in any Team Profile and it would show you the Roster they had at that time, along with a dropdown-menu with predefined dates that would represent each ETF2L Season.

That way the Hall of Fame would be a lot more usable, as you could see which players were in that team when they won.

As far as I can tell all the necessary Data is there:
-who joined/left and how many days ago
-Teamname changes

Maybe it’s too hard to implement, but I thought it’s a really good idea.

-slate

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

You can look at the screenshots from matches of past seasons to see who was in the roster ;-)

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

… and hope that the names in the Screenshot are not completly different from what you can find on etf2l.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from slate

… and hope that the names in the Screenshot are not completly different from what you can find on etf2l.

http://etf2l.org/rules/general-rules/#2

2.5 Every player has to play with the nickname of the league site

You are supposed to play with the nickname you have chosen on ETF2L league site.

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

yea, maybe i should put it in a different way.

I realise that it is possible to do all that yourself, look at screenshots and that you are supposed to have the same name during a match(has that rule always been in place? from season 1-8?)

However doing all that “recontructing” takes a lot of effort.

I just thought it would be a really cool feature, but i can totally understand that if the admins even like the idea at all, it’s totally not a priority.

-slate

Sir Remix

frø
DANMARK

They should fix the search thing before doing stuff like that tbh.

lolage

TSPAG

Quoted from Sir Remix

They should fix the search thing before doing stuff like that tbh.

octochris

(0v0)

The admins aren’t able to fix a simple search bug as it is, they are understaffed, and lacking the people with the required technical knowledge to implement things like this. Let them fix the simple things which are broken before they get anyone to do something larger like this.

Come on, admins. If you have no active technical expertise in your team take on some people who do.

Rynex

FAB
nubs

Quoted from octochris

Come on, admins. If you have no active technical expertise in your team take on some people who do.

Can’t agree more with this. I’m sure there is going to be some people somewhere who have the know-how to help fix bugs and improve the website. Maybe they should do a call-out for coding talent on the blog?

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

after 230days, i still think it would be a cool feature.

Swarlz

speaking of getting tech guys on – get chris

AnimaL

Quoted from slate

I realise that it is possible to do all that yourself, look at screenshots and that you are supposed to have the same name during a match(has that rule always been in place? from season 1-8?)

wasnt a need for such rule back then… everyone just used common sense

Add A Reply Pages: 1