Forum

Highlander.

Created 29th October 2010 @ 13:38

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 9 Next »

Dummy

Quoted from ashkan

Sure. He’s saying that he’d play in such a league, just like at least hundreds of others would. That’s call “demand”. As with a lot of other things, it might be in the best interest of ETF2L to “supply”.

All of your post seemed to make sense but this one – why should ETF2L supply? what are they getting from satisfying the demand? by doing the 6v6 league, they’re seeing the format they love – competitive 6v6 – grow. most are not interested in 9v9 as said by skyride, so they would not get anything back. also, you said “it might be in the best interest of etf2l to supply”. why? if you’re going to reason like that, atleast give arguments instead of saying something then not following it up with anything. hopefully my horrible writing skills were good enough to make meself understandable

droso

o/

Quoted from yu

[…]

I’ve read it. No ‘pro’ players in highlander – it will ruin hole thing.

Yeah, right.
Fyi, the Highlander Challenge was quite frustrating for “pro” players.

I like playing Highlander and i wanted to take part in the competition (not as buddy though, as i can’t stand the classes they are compelled to play)…

I’d be more than happy to help a friends’ team out in an Highlander league if it’s open to anyone.

sniprpenguin

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
All of your post seemed to make sense but this one – why should ETF2L supply? what are they getting from satisfying the demand? by doing the 6v6 league, they’re seeing the format they love – competitive 6v6 – grow. most are not interested in 9v9 as said by skyride, so they would not get anything back. also, you said “it might be in the best interest of etf2l to supply”. why? if you’re going to reason like that, atleast give arguments instead of saying something then not following it up with anything. hopefully my horrible writing skills were good enough to make meself understandable

ETF2L has advertisers. Highlander would bring a bigger player base. More players = more advertisements being seen which pleases them. Also, more players might mean more possible donations.

Really, the only downside is that the logistics of starting one would be hard. Is there any real downside to starting a HL league? Not really. And starting one will not bring about the demise of 6v6.

ashkan

Quoted from Dummy

All of your post seemed to make sense

Thank you :P

why should ETF2L supply? what are they getting from satisfying the demand? by doing the 6v6 league, they’re seeing the format they love – competitive 6v6 – grow. most are not interested in 9v9 as said by skyride, so they would not get anything back. also, you said “it might be in the best interest of etf2l to supply”. why? if you’re going to reason like that, atleast give arguments instead of saying something then not following it up with anything.

As previously stated, they would put the responsibility on others, people who would like to see the format they love – 9v9 – grow. I thought the reason for them wanting to supply would be obvious (making the competitive TF2 scene grow). Also, I think everyone should realize that 9v9 wouldn’t be as serious as 6v6 is now. So it would also be a great place for all kinds of players to play for fun, play with all unlocks, play with a bunch of different classes etc (no, weqo, you don’t have to play demo here!), which they honestly can’t really do in 6v6.

Also, what penguin said.

And the ultimate goal is to make Team Fortress 5 bigger than football!

Orv

wat?

I’d love to see a Highlander league, and I’m pretty sure at least most of my team would join it.

And if you would need admins, I’d be happy to help.

Edit: Ashkan is awesome, etc. :P

ashkan

Quoted from Orv

I’d love to see a Highlander league, and I’m pretty sure at least most of my team would join it.

And if you would need admins, I’d be happy to help.

Edit: Ashkan is awesome, etc. :P

Damn you! You were supposed to call me a living God or any equivalent.

l2read

huhystah

Quoted from ashkan

[…]

Damn you! You were supposed to call me a living God or any equivalent.

l2read

ashkan is god

ashkan

Quoted from huhystah

[…]
ashkan is god

aaaahhhh that’s the spot….

edit: back to topic!

Scatterbrain

SpA|com

will come back to ashkan’s reply in a little bit.

i’m sure that there’d be enough people out there willing and able to do admin – i might even count mysself among them – although we don’t really know what the job entails, aside from helping out on IRC and settling disputes. is there a website section that covers this that i’m missing?

edit: also, i’m sure if you made a specific appeal for admins on the frontpage, alongside a sort of just description, then there would be enough response to make this thing work!

Quoted from Dummy

[…]

Why should ETF2L supply?
– Massive interest as shown by the oversubscribed Community Highlander Challenge
– A lot of teams from the HCC want to continue playing but there is a deficit of oppportunities for highlander teams
– A lot of players and teams really love the highlander format – the statement that “most are not interested” may be true for some involved in 6v6, but I think there is definitely sufficient interest for a league – especially one without the restrictions of the HCC (when it comes to buddies, etc.)

I would definitely volunteer my time to admin a highlander league if we can get one going.

ashkan

There, at least 6 guys already who have been committed to the highlander scene since the start, a couple of months ago. At least there’s no lack of interest with the admin stuff. We’ll just have to see who gives up after a few days, and who doesn’t :P

Fadango

Quoted from Sheridyn

[…]

Why should ETF2L supply?
– Massive interest as shown by the oversubscribed Community Highlander Challenge

I was under the impression that most of the players in that challenge joined sheerly for the exclusive items. If it was made into a true competition like 6 vs 6 I doubt that etf2l would see even a 1/3 of the players that joined for the community one.

ashkan

Quoted from Fadango

[…]

I was under the impression that most of the players in that challenge joined sheerly for the exclusive items. If it was made into a true competition like 6 vs 6 I doubt that etf2l would see even a 1/3 of the players that joined for the community one.

I agree. However, no matter what the players’ main interest was when signing up, a lot of them have discovered an interest in highlander since then. So the number of signups does count for a lot.

ZyZo

itsallgood

Quoted from Fadango

[…]

There were nearly 850 teams who joined. If 1/4 of the teams who participated in the HCC sign up for the league it’s more people in total then there is in the whole 6v6 league.

At least I think the Highlander league would be a success if 100 teams joined.

tesco

mrp.

Quoted from Sheridyn

A lot of teams from the HCC want to continue playing but there is a deficit of oppportunities for highlander teams

i don’t know why would you need a cup or a ladder or anything to play highlander – you can get 18 available players, and do a mix, or get 9 friend, and get on IRC to search an enemy….

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 9 Next »