Forum

[Community] - Your thoughts please!

Created 11th July 2010 @ 18:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 14 Next »

strut

-=Crazy=-

Watching in stv as even div 2 heavies point-whoring convinces me people put a lot of emphasis on “points” per-se, even outside of div 6. So maybe more info, if it can be done in the tourny mod files.

Table code not working btw and to the fuckwitted response below, would you try to massage a shit kill score and shit kill/death ratio by point whoring if it was obvious? Think not (and seriously why would anyone need that explained explicitly to them as I’ve just had to).

hans

In order to promote even more point-whoring?

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

I think we should make Team Fortress a team game…

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Quoted from Hildreth

I think we should make Team Fortress a team game…

HERESY!

ZeyOrk

the Word “fun” makes me scratch my empty head:)

First of all, this is competitve gaming, which puts the game in a more serious position, of course u can combine fun and serious shit together, but ppl Are more likely to deal with a more serious intetion.

Long story short, community was better before, but we have to taste the sour with some sweet, keep it vanilla.

strut

-=Crazy=-

I’ve just realised that not everyone realises that point whoring means “standing on a capture-point for the points when you should be blocking/watching a route or pushing forward to the next cap or performing some other useful function”. “point” being short for “cap point” duuuh.

Typically seen when a heavy class has a huge ego and/or is having a shit game. I’ve watched it go on in 3 out of 3 div 2 stv matches to my surprise. So my point was (jesus christ this is hard work) differentiale points into kills/death/captures/total and you remove the need/urge/temptation to do this.

Sincerely
Cpt Obvious

hans

Well maybe you should have explained yourself better in the first place.

I still don’t see the sense in it, if the heavies are point-whoring, it’s a problem within the team, let the team deal with it.

Monkeh

Quoted from hans

I still don’t see the sense in it, if the heavies are point-whoring, it’s a problem within the team, let the team deal with it.

Certainly nothing the etf2l community can do, or would want to do about it. Anyone found to be point whoring in our team gets a thorough shouting at. I love to see ‘x7’ on an enemy cap as I respawn, means they is stoopid.

Gordon

Maybe someone of you can explain that to me:
Why are pre div team allowed to play their matches after that “mystical deadline” (24th), but div 6 teams are not??
I think there should be the same rules for all divisions, it’s just about fairness! Or what do you guys think about that??

Regards,
Gordon

While I do agree that the same rules should apply to all divisions, you need to take into consideration that the top teams have a tighter schedule than division 6. teams, more cups, leagues etc.

Add the fact that games being played late could affect regulations and promotions, I find it fair they are given some slack.

That said: Having only played half your games by the end of the season should result in some form of punishment.

Biohazard

IDK

epic bump (but with justified reasoning)

Considering recent events in tf2 scene you do not need to be a psychic to work out that leagues need to change their approach to the players and their teams. I will try and focus on etf2l since it’s their boards I will use to express my thoughts.

In my opinion, proper play-offs system should be implemented for the newly created teams. With play-offs existing for teams that are on the edge of advancing to next level or staying in wherever they are at the minute, I believe similar system should apply for newly created teams. I do believe screenshots are a good way to prove where your team belongs, however It can not be purely dependant on that factor. While team x could be doing extremely great for first few weeks of it’s existence, I believe there is a reason why there are so many drops (lets just focus on new teams atm) in the first couple of weeks of every season. If team was put on pressure of “if we win this, we will get to play in div2 yay” which will also be a way for them to prove that they are stable enough to compete at that level (or at least lets hope so). Inb4 Ladder, ladder could be used for that purpose, however it would have to be mandatory to make teams play x teams from y division, depending on where the team is aiming for.

tl;dr Play-offs for new teams along with the ones on the edge of dropping a div/ advancing

Summer league. Please Don’t. While I am aware that many people are absolutely keening it to play tf2, I don’t think there is one team that was full set of 6 core players that want to play in such league. Instead ETF2L could use the asset of being (still) the biggest EU tf2 league for fun cups, which I will just throw out here in case you wonder what do I mean by that:
– MGE 1v1 cup, scouts, demos, soldiers
– Ultiduo, I wish I knew a medic that doesn’t hate me and wanted to play with me but I think it’s very entertaining to watch and just wait for those airshots!
– BBall, which I absolutely suck at but I know a lot of people that love it. There is a map that I believe Arnold made (ctf_extremeball_rc1) a while ago, about which I didn’t know until my homeboy Flushy introduced me to. SOO much fun playing it.
– 3v3, 4v4 koth or arena cup, as I mentioned not every team will have 6 players that will want to play, but I believe getting 3 or 4 players should not be a problem

tl;dr No summer league, bunch of fun cups instead

Polls (that actually do something). Admins should go out, ask community about what they think, and make a poll with those answers that occurred mostly during the research. It COULD eliminate some of the problems like maps or unlocks without having any of the admins admitting they are wrong (which does harm their authority).

tl;dr NO TLDR READ IT ITS SHORT U LAZY FUCK

I hate typing so as soon as my exams are over I will approach the admin team as I believe I have loads of other (potentially decent) ideas. Which while we are at I wrote this wall of text while avoiding my revision for 9.15’s exam. Fuck. Wish me luck!

Peace

Bio

Spike Himself

TC

Pre-season play-offs: I like this idea, however I think right now ETF2L need to focus on getting teams back and keeping teams playing. While play-offs may filter out some teams that would ultimately drop from the season, it will still let a bunch through. Teams drop, there’s not much you can do against it. The advantages play-offs give us don’t weigh up against the hassle to set this up.
Having said that, I am a great fan of the ladder :)

Polls (that actually do something).
I agree wtih this but the community’s general opinion on polls seems to be”not everyone will vote, therefore a poll gives you no useful information at all” (having said that, not everyone in the community has spoken his opinion on the matter so it’s questionable just how questionable polls are! :D)

Ghostface

spire

Teams folding is the result of getting a bunch of highly-skilled players but with shit chemistry/bonds together. In 99% of cases, atleast. There’s nothing that can be done against that. People will always want “better” carries. Then again who can blame them. If there’s only one say, demoman, at the skill level you need but he’s a jackass, then you’d prefer him over folding so soon or getting a lower-skilled one.

Also, make the Ladder matter more. Right now it’s just an advanced PCW system with a bit of e-peen on it. Make Ladder “seasons” in between ETF2L seasons so that they can help you determine a certain team’s skill. Like pin them up against a few teams from the top of the division below the one they specify and bottom from the above one, and from that decide in which division they belong. This is of course for new teams. At first sight it may seem like it’ll take a lot of effort, but I think it can turn out to be a very efficient method.

Also, if someone else comes up with a better method, ETF2L admins should know that there’s a lot of people who are willing to help them with managing the league (myself included). You’re not alone. Everyone has to do whatever they can to help the league rebound after this season.

I can elaborate a bit more on the Ladder thing. Basically it’s almost like pre-season playoffs, but it’s a bit less time-consuming and easier to organise.

Mors Immortalis

KoP!?

If someone cba voting – he can’t whine about poll results cause he didn’t voted at all – simple

trams

-><-

Quoted from Biohazard

Summer league. Please Don’t.

+1

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 14 Next »