Forum

PoV-Record [2.0.5] Working again

Created 26th September 2009 @ 12:25

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 33 34 35 ... 74 Next »

goodboy

#WW

Quoted from octochris

Any chance I could take a look at the source (or even better you could open-source it :D)?

Yes, please.

gryzor

Quoted from octochris

Any chance I could take a look at the source (or even better you could open-source it :D)?

Last time you tried something “computerish” you compressed an Auto-IT script and had fools on these forums run it as an executable — and yet YOU want to “take a look” at the source… The irony…

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from gryzor

[…]
Last time you tried something “computerish” you compressed an Auto-IT script and had fools on these forums run it as an executable — and yet YOU want to “take a look” at the source… The irony…

First off, it wasn’t autoit. secondly, I work with C as my job. I posted that script because a.) I thought it might help someone and b.) I couldn’t be bothered putting in double the effort for something that nobody here would appreciate the difference with.

Have you considered either doing something useful, or stopping broadcasting your personal feelings of lack of worth and trying to project them onto others in an act comparable to “Gryzor hurt itself in its confusion”? Your psychological state has already been debunked as having joint feelings of superiority and projected inferiority, feeling underappreciated in comparison with people you see as inferior to you, and as such becoming agitated when they recieve any praise, which is why you are such a gigantic jackass that never does anything useful.

Some of us don’t go programming in C for every nook and cranny (because it’s not suitable for N things). The last time I looked, I was allowed to try out a language ;) I wouldn’t have done it if I had to do it in C (because the whole point was that I wanted to try out this language, I’ve not touched it since). I’m sure you can understand why such a program would be a shitty idea in C… or maybe you can’t, because actually you’ve never shown yourself to be even semi-capable!

atrox_

WaAS?

can anyone help me with setting this up server side? demos don’t want to record:>

kurt

trick17
trick17

I don’t know if you mean the same but I cannot record S-TV-demos with p-rec anymore. It just does not work. I have reinstalled the tool but it did not change anything. The funny thing is that the option to record STV-demos is always enabled and i cannot even turn it off. Whenever I change it the menu closes and when I open the menu again it’s still enabled.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from kurt

I don’t know if you mean the same but I cannot record S-TV-demos with p-rec anymore. It just does not work. I have reinstalled the tool but it did not change anything. The funny thing is that the option to record STV-demos is always enabled and i cannot even turn it off. Whenever I change it the menu closes and when I open the menu again it’s still enabled.

You don’t need to use the options dialog; you can just change the value in config.cfg or wherever else you have put it.

Please note that when “PREC records an stv demo” this merely means PREC is sending an rcon command to the server. For this reason you have to make sure you have have rcon_password set, and that it is indeed correctly set for the server you’re on.

MR JOHNSON

(^-^)v

Quoted from kurt

You might have the same problem we had; basically the ESL-config sets tv_autorecord to 1, and thus records a demo before p-rec (I think). Annoying as hell, considering that autorecord just seem to continue recording if you don’t change map/properly stop it.

(ignore the above ///)

Just tried and got:

ConVarRef prec_recordstv doesn’t point to an existing ConVar

Khan

trick17
trick17

Quoted from Orange

There will be only basic options. Since i lost sources of p-rec (my HDD crashed month ago)

I think automatic STV recording got lost with the original sources…

MR JOHNSON

(^-^)v

Quoted from Khan

[…]I think automatic STV recording got lost with the original sources…

Ah, seem to explain it, still is an awesome tool :)

Bury.

internecine

just a Q,

I’ll admit I have not updated prec in a good while but anyway. Today after i finally found the effort to want to video something, all my demos that have been apparently recording appeared to not have. I set to record everything I do in TF and I have not been getting any .dem files since after the 15th of april by the looks of it. However prec is loading; recording kill streaks and logging bookmarks and stuff. But most bizarrely when i sometimes alt-tab and go to record a demo to fix the alt-tab bug, it says it’s already recording.

So in short, it’s said it’s been recording, and the tf console has agreed, but I can’t find any of the demos after the 15th of april. wat?

Gubbins

Op4

Quoted from Bury.

just a Q,

I’ll admit I have not updated prec in a good while but anyway. Today after i finally found the effort to want to video something, all my demos that have been apparently recording appeared to not have. I set to record everything I do in TF and I have not been getting any .dem files since after the 15th of april by the looks of it. However prec is loading; recording kill streaks and logging bookmarks and stuff. But most bizarrely when i sometimes alt-tab and go to record a demo to fix the alt-tab bug, it says it’s already recording.

So in short, it’s said it’s been recording, and the tf console has agreed, but I can’t find any of the demos after the 15th of april. wat?

Check the folder it’s saving it to, i thought this then found a seperate folder with them all in

Bury.

internecine

I’ve done a thorough search – complete tf folder search for specified map names that I know I have only been on recently, and they do not exist. I have set a custom folder, and in that is just the killstreaks.txt which gets updated all the time, so the folder path shouldn’t be an issue either. Whole functionality works, but there’s just no chuffing demos, anywhere :( . Most party pooping.

kaidus

WiK?

Harddrives not full right?

Dumb question :D

Martn

Check your settings with prec_info

Bury.

internecine

Might as well post saying that I fixed it, the problem was that in my autoexec i was redirecting to folder ‘/prec’ rather than just ‘prec’, despite the console saying Recording… it gave a tiny – easy to miss error considering the amount of crap the console spits out regularly.

Anyhow it’s fixed – it’s cost me months worth of demos, just a tip: don’t say it’s recording when it isn’t and then spit out an error, make that bright orange text an error message instead :)!.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 33 34 35 ... 74 Next »