Forum

Need more FPS

Created 1st October 2016 @ 19:52

Add A Reply Pages: 1

basedgod

Hello,
I have to play on my shit laptop i have around 60fps. I would like to get more fps.
Do you know any extra tips for boost fps? like some ultra fps configs and these things.

celvn

Comanglias cfg, no hats mod, flat textures mod, no particle mod and all that g00d shit

biskuu

HF!
pizza

Quoted from celvn

Comanglias cfg, no hats mod, flat textures mod, no particle mod and all that g00d shit

flat textures don’t improve fps

walters

New pc should improve your fps

download more RAM

kpopfan69

GADOU

none of the tricks will drasticly boost your fps. the only viable thing is to buy a better pc

Foz

(ETF2L Donator)
-Xe-

Im late to the topic, but you can run tf with chris maxframes on any skylake chip with no deticated gpu and get around 150-200 fps

Funs

Quoted from Foz

Im late to the topic, but you can run tf with chris maxframes on any skylake chip with no deticated gpu and get around 150-200 fps

wtf I have a 970 and i5 and still drop to 200 sometimes

Foz

(ETF2L Donator)
-Xe-

Quoted from Funs

[…]

oh, seems odd.
anyway i didnt do testing on other chips than my own i5 6500, where i can get the fps stated. i was too quick to post my reply and didnt put in mind the fact that tf2 is cpu heavy and a lower end skylake could cause a problem.

extrasolar

officer
TC

Quoted from Funs

[…]

TF barely even uses the GPU, only stuff that’s GPU-bound are particles

Hence on my old craptop that had no GPU I’d average 20-25 fps but medibeams and pyros would drop me to single figures.

Also why with an FX-6300 and 960 I only average 120 but drop below 100 regularly (this is with maxframes + m0re’s cfg and LOD bias), but can run Overwatch on Ultra and average 105 since that game actually uses the GPU. TF2 is almost all CPU and my CPU isn’t very good.

tl;dr: GPU is near-irrelevant when it comes to TF2, CPU is stuck doing all the work since it’s archaic.

Add A Reply Pages: 1