Forum

TF2 Hitsound Too Low

Created 2nd August 2015 @ 16:19

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Vuurmen

Hey,
About 2 days ago I installed a new hitsound which gives a little music play at every 5 kills you get with a Killstreak weapon. The only thing that bothers me is that the music almost isn’t hearable in-game, I already tried Audacity but that doesn’t work either. Anyone got tips?

I pretty much need to get my volume from the hitsound up without having to turn the volume from my whole game up.
Thanks!

S!MON

(ETF2L Donator)

“tf_dingaling_volume – sets the volume for hit sounds, standard is 1.00” from the wiki :)
Just change the value in your console

Forty-Two

LOOΠΔ

Your description sounds more like a killstreak sound than a hitsound. Hitsounds are played when you damage enemy gamers, killstreak sounds are played when you hit 5-10-15 etc kills (ie by default the trumpets going wild).

The cvar given by the fellow above affects actual hitsounds, to my knowledge it doesn’t also affect other random sounds played like killstreak sounds. If it’s to quiet for you the way it is, just open it in Audacity or a DAW or any program at all that lets you increase or decrease the gain of a track. Boost volume (gain), render (some programs use the term ‘export’ instead) as .wav file, replace the old one, see if you like it better.

Keep in mind though that boosting gain tends to cause negative effects like clipping and slight distortion, and is generally something music producers tend to avoid. If you don’t care about sound quality though, go for it.

Last edited by Forty-Two,

stephen

If you can’t work it out add me I’ll do it for you

Add A Reply Pages: 1