Forum

net_queue_trace

Created 6th April 2015 @ 13:18

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Aysentaro

I had this on since i play the game, but the default is 0. Any idea what it does? Should i turn it off?

fault

I believe they are server cvars if I’m not mistaken.

ImprovisE

No its not, it can be used on client side too, as far as i could find in google it optimizes net code.

fault

dfg

Last edited by fault,

AnAkkk

Quoted from ImprovisE

No its not, it can be used on client side too, as far as i could find in google it optimizes net code.

What you find on google is far from being accurate, just random people saying random things about what they could guess the cvar would do from its name. The only comment from Valve about this cvar was about servers.

That cvar actually does nothing to optimize netcode, it prints debug information about the queued packet system (which is why it says “trace”) in the console, and that only happens when the value is set to “581304”, any other value will be considered as disabled.

TLDR: net_queue_trace 1 does nothing

Last edited by AnAkkk,

Aysentaro

Quoted from AnAkkk

[…]

What you find on google is far from being accurate, just random people saying random things about what they could guess the cvar would do from its name. The only comment from Valve about this cvar was about servers.

That cvar actually does nothing to optimize netcode, it prints debug information about the queued packet system (which is why it says “trace”) in the console, and that only happens when the value is set to “581304”, any other value will be considered as disabled.

TLDR: net_queue_trace 1 does nothing

Last edited by Aysentaro,

Aysentaro

just wow, well then i set it to 0, thx

Last edited by Aysentaro,

Add A Reply Pages: 1