Forum

Stronk computer getting low fps, help please

Created 2nd April 2015 @ 16:09

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Frozy

So just today my game keeps dropping down to about 80 fps on mid fights or 100 fps when fighting someone. Since i have gotten very used to atleast 144fps and when it drops below it’s pretty noticeable, especially when it drops below 100 fps.

It used to run fine on high settings dropping at most to 160 fps and usually stayed at 250fps but suddenly just took a big shit, i have lowered my settings to low and though it gave about 20-30 more fps it doesn’t help when there’s particles present, especially medigun healing beam.

I have a MSI gtx 970 and i5 4690k and both are safely overclocked so it seems ridiculous to me that a 8 year old game is too much to handle all of the sudden for pretty new hardware.

Any suggestions at all on what to do is appreciated.

Last edited by Frozy,

Tseini

Damn!
0FO

I have same cpu slightly overclocked and i get ~160 fps in big hl fights with the max fps config. GPU doesnt really matter in tf2 that much beause its really cpu demanding like other old games.

It used to run better because there was less things in the game than there is now.

Try comanglias fps config (ragdolls,gibs and shadows reduces fps tons)

Frozy

Quoted from Tseini

I have same cpu slightly overclocked and i get ~160 fps in big hl fights with the max fps config. GPU doesnt really matter in tf2 that much beause its really cpu demanding like other old games.

It used to run better because there was less things in the game than there is now.

Try comanglias fps config (ragdolls,gibs and shadows reduces fps tons)

Well it’s not like last time i played was several years ago, just a few days ago i always had above 144 fps in tf2 but now it can drop down to 80 fps in mid fights.

I’ll take a look at comanglias fps config, though i still find it hard to believe that would be a problem since like i said i used to run tf2 on high settings less than a week ago and now i get about 70 fps less than what i should’ve had, even with low settings.

rockie

Quoted from Frozy

[…]

Well it’s not like last time i played was several years ago, just a few days ago i always had above 144 fps in tf2 but now it can drop down to 80 fps in mid fights.

I’ll take a look at comanglias fps config, though i still find it hard to believe that would be a problem since like i said i used to run tf2 on high settings less than a week ago and now i get about 70 fps less than what i should’ve had, even with low settings.

it’s not about configs, they’re not so useful like everyone thinks.

these are the settings i use http://i.imgur.com/vHZNIcn.jpg (1080p) the only thing i added is a bunch of commands to make ragdolls disappear. My framerate is always around 200, often it gets to 300, sometimes under 200 (190) into a 5v5 TDM server in the midst of the spam. I don’t use any config, i have a i72600K @ 4,5GHz and a GTX580.

I don’t really think any cfg will help, it’s probably something else.

Source based games are always more dependant to CPU speed rather than GPU speed, i’d say around 70% to 30%

Last edited by rockie,

Frozy

Quoted from rockie

[…]

it’s not about configs, they’re not so useful like everyone thinks.

these are the settings i use http://i.imgur.com/vHZNIcn.jpg (1080p) the only thing i added is a bunch of commands to make ragdolls disappear. My framerate is always around 200, often it gets to 300, sometimes under 200 (190) into a 5v5 TDM server in the midst of the spam. I don’t use any config, i have a i72600K @ 4,5GHz and a GTX580.

I don’t really think any cfg will help, it’s probably something else.

Source based games are always more dependant to CPU speed rather than GPU speed, i’d say around 70% to 30%

which is why i asked if anyone has also experienced such a drop in fps and have fixed it could tell me their secret ways

Add A Reply Pages: 1