Forum

Mouse laggin,is this fixable?

Created 19th March 2015 @ 01:11

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Tseini

Damn!
0FO

Sometimes when playing my mouse kinda stops moving/reacting and then teleports the location its supposed to be.
Like in here http://www.twitch.tv/tseini/c/6349871

I have G400s,using 800DPI,my drivers are up to date and its not a cable/cord issue.
Anyone have idea whats causing?

And if that is a sensor issue anyways to fix it or am i doomed to buy a new one?

cmd

(ETF2L Donator)
LEGO

Check under your mouse and see if there’s any dirt or hair stuck in the laser hole. Blow into the hole with compressed air(or your mouth) to try and clean it out.
Check if it’s in any way related to the mouse cable being pulled, try to replicate it by holding the cable where it meets the mouse in different positions.
Try reducing the polling rate from, I presume 1000hz to 500 or lower.

You should also contact logitech support, you will most likely get it replaced free of charge.

EDIT: Actually, I recall having a similiar problem with my g400 soon after I purchased it, IIRC it was some driver fuckup, I’ll log into my logitech support thing and check how I fixed it one sec.

Okay, nvm. This was the problem that replaced my g400. I am certain that you’ll get a replacement mouse as I did if you just contact logitech support and go through the troubleshooting with them.
Also are you sure that it’s not the cable? I had the exact same problem and I was able to replicate/prevent the problem by manipulating the cord close to where it meets the mouse.

Last edited by cmd,

Tseini

Damn!
0FO

Okay ill do that (AGAIN lol)

This is already my 3rd replacement mouse,2 previous were g400

cmd

(ETF2L Donator)
LEGO

Quoted from Tseini

Okay ill do that (AGAIN lol)

This is already my 3rd replacement mouse,2 previous were g400

Might wanna look at how your cord is being pulled then. If its stuck somewhere and you’re yanking on it, the poor base of the g400 and g400s is bound to fail.
Although I strongly recommend upgrading to g402 or g502 whereas the cord problem(and many others) have been addressed.

Last edited by cmd,

Tseini

Damn!
0FO

Quoted from cmd

[…]
Might wanna look at how your cord is being pulled then. If its stuck somewhere and you’re yanking on it, the poor base of the g400 and g400s is bound to fail.
Although I strongly recommend upgrading to g402 or g502 whereas the cord problem(and many others) have been addressed.

No money so i just deal with this until i get too annoyed and then contact logitech customer service :^)

Pete_

PrettyGay

Quoted from Tseini

[…]

Had the same problem with the g400. Tried everything
but nothing really worked so I simply got another mouse.
Also I wouldn’t get another g400, they all seem to become faulty after a certain amount of time :(

Last edited by Pete_,

Kengur

logitech is like microsoft of accessories world…

repu

i had the same problem with my g400. lowering the hz made it happen less often, but it still happened. turned out to be a cord issue.

can probably be something with your sensor or mousemat though.

Lex

Fe |

If you’re using Logitech drivers with their software, uninstall everything and only use raw drivers. It solved a similar problem that I had.

Logitech’s customer support is amazing, contact them if nothing else helps.

I’d never get another G400, its great shape and sensor do’t make up for shitty cable and scroll wheel.

stephen

It could be due to obs/tf2 on the priority setting high, which can mess up your mouse driver in certain cases

Add A Reply Pages: 1